Opus

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Justin, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

Vic and I are going to Opus Saturday night. Who is up?

2. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

can i do a ride along with a camra.

3. Grimm

Grimm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jdgrimm

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I just thought Opus was a wine?... Where and when?
    I probably can't make it because I will be wrenching on the bronco. I realy want the 350 in by the end of the weekend.... but if I can I will.

4. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

}:)

5. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

6. Grimm

Grimm New Member

I didn't think of one of their places.
    Opus Northwest Construction Corp.

7. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Grimm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jdgrimm

I just thought Opus was a wine?... Where and when?
    I probably can't make it because I will be wrenching on the bronco. I realy want the 350 in by the end of the weekend.... but if I can I will.

I am meeting at vic's house...probably 8ish, then we are gonna head down. Not sure exactly where...i am sure vic will chime in here with a location.

8. Gspot

Gspot New Member

I will if there's snow. It wouldnt be much fun on Hakka Qs.

9. Xcelor8

Xcelor8 Well-Known Member

What is this opus thing you speak of? Help a noob out.

10. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

it's out by 62 and hwy 169...some fun curves i guess. Not fun for snow tires though...sorry g.

11. bikerboy

We use to have a picture but it appears Joel removed it

12. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

This one? }:)

[​IMG]

13. Xcelor8

Xcelor8 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, might be a tad urban for my taste, we'll see, normally I'm out in the country, but that's not so great at night.

14. Grimm

Grimm New Member

Yeah... looks like bren road. I lived right near there when I was a kid.... I went to the International School of Minnesota just down Cross town.

15. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

BaD IdeA...:eek:

16. bikerboy

ask and you shall recieve

17. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Justin, come on man why do you have to tell eveyone about Opus this Saturday LOL... Just kidding.

Yes, after a good talk with Justin today during lunch. Justin is going to meet up with me this Saturday and we're gonna head out to O. We'll be there around 9 or so just to show him what this whole O Ring is about.

No, we're not going out like Fuji... and yes not as crazy as someone by the name BB on this board. I'm just going to give him a slow and comfortable ride around the block so he know what he's been missing.

Haven't seen Joel for awhile, last I heard he's got a boy friend, opps I meant a girl friend. I would like to see Joel out there doing donuts again if I recall, he had a BIG GRIN the last time we left O.

Anyone is welcome to join us, at this moment... it's Justin and I. If anyone wants to go, we'll meet right about 9 at Firestone and head out there. If not... Justin and I maybe the only one.

18. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

ATTENTION: When Vic says that he's going to only go 40 mph @ the O, he means 60 mph is the average speed. I know from experience. :roll:

19. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

Well thanks for the warning...i will remember to bring my diaper with.

20. Beej

Beej New Member

Be careful fellas, the last time I went to Opus on a saturday the Police ended up coming as well, and this was with only 4 other cars...

21. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

I live a few blocks away from there, but try to stay away from driving in it as much as possible because it is going to get me in trouble one of these days.

It is much too easy to double the speed limit on those roads, and I'm sure the police wouldn't like that.

22. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

hey i might be out and taking some pic's of you guys too. my first time.:D

23. yosmiley

Ma, if you're interested... Meet us at Firestone then we'll head out together.

I have snow tires on so my intention is not to run any hot lap. Just showing him the hang out spot since he's new and very interested in this whole street scene hahaha but I call it stupidity.

No, we're not going to do anything that'll attract the cops. I've done my share there already ;)

Thanks for the warning though, it's always good to be fuel with knowledge.

24. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

I'm in if there is no cops around, AGAIN And oce again WHY is always on the weekend!!:(!

25. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

wei? Going out like what? me? I'm just learning my limits....lol

I'm only 50% about returing to that place...I still wanna drive yo!

26. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

i hit opus on wed night on the way home..

toke about 3 months of life off of my winter rubber....

27. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

Opus is fun in the snow ;););)

28. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

What is snow? :(!:(!:(!

29. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

I just wont like 1 inch of snow and I would be very happy. I have no snow where I am and it is december. what is up with that.

30. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

bumpity bump

31. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

i probably won't make out tonight, you guys have fun! If i do i'll see you guys there!

32. Grimm

Grimm New Member

Dam missed you guys. I was there 9:40ish. All greasy from working on the ice racer. oh well next time.

33. yosmiley

Erik, you didn't miss much. We were in your neck of the woods too... right by EP.

It was a meet and greet with a new subie member (Justin aka jdgrimm). Met up with a couple of Audi friends and made a run... Bad luck hit my buddies S4, he blew his 1st and 2nd gear so we ended early. If that didn't happen... he would've walked on me. He's making alot more torque and a bit more hp then my stock car.

Nights still young so Erik, Matt and I tested our little straight away run... I was surprise that Matts car was able to hang with me.

Yes, tonight was cold! What's more surprising is we actually have a bunch of Subie showing up. This one says it all, how hard core we should be LOL.

34. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

Hey, it was nice meeting you all that were there. I thought that was awesome. I definitely need to get a taste of that once a week. It sure was **** cold. The wagon whipped some nice ****ties. To bad for that guy's s4...thats a really nice car. I hope to definitely hang with you guys again in the near future, that was fun stuff.

35. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

Sounds like you guys had fun, sorry i couldn't make it. Was with my cousins the whole night playing cards, telling stories and etcc..... It's 4:26am and i just got home awhile ago. Sucks to hear about the S4, hope the owner fixes it soon.

Btw vic, which one of matt's car was able to keep up with you? Can't be his STi since it's stored or did he take it out for the run?

36. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

Matt's car, the MY02 Silver WRX (Auto w/ C-west bodykit).

Opps, I left some marks..... lol

37. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

My A$$ was freaking out there[xx(],

But we had fun watching the wrx and sti's going at it and fujis wagon going crazy busting out 4 or so donuts...

When I get my car, it should be funner:cool:

38. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

Yia if you have your car then what you gonna do huh?

39. TeamMNS

TeamMNS New Member

MAN...:(!:(!

I forgot that was going to be this weekend. Opus is the sh!t... I was to what at Best Buy Corp at one of the offices in Opus. It was routine for me to do a run before I went home.:D:D:D Got so use to it that I was taken turns around 50 mph...:D:D:D:D But I gone throw it with my wrx once.

We should do another meet their again sometime.

40. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

Hey jeff, they will be another one if it has snow cover. I head there again on tuesday night

41. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

It was cold cold cold!!!... but I had lots of fun! I hope the S4 made it home in one peice. I'll likely make it for Snopus when the time comes. I'll have to enhance my driving skills a bit. :)

Dream, thanks for the few quick laps in your warm Sti! You're a good driver. :D

42. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Wow that was my first time at opus, good stuff. I bet that place is uber fun when there is some snow on the ground! Dang Vic, I really need to work on my shifting skillz and...whats up with my 5th gear:D:D:D:D

43. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Dream, thanks for the few quick laps in your warm Sti! You're a good driver. :D

Anytime;)

44. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dream

Wow that was my first time at opus, good stuff. I bet that place is uber fun when there is some snow on the ground! Dang Vic, I really need to work on my shifting skillz and...whats up with my 5th gear:D:D:D:D

Erik, I don't know what happen on your end... but this is what I see. From 1st thru 4th gear, I was trailing a bit but as I hit 5th, my car just happens to pull from behind and pass you on the way. I know this happen twice and I'm don't have the answer... could it be the way you were shifting from 4th to 5th? or were you not at WOT in 5th?

I redline on 1st, 2nd and 3rd (even hit fuel cut on all 3 gear DOH!) but shift at 6500 on my 4th and my 5th gear just seems to pull and pull. We'll have to test it again when you get your shifting point right. Next season when the road are dry.

45. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Well there was one time when you really pulled on me when I put in in 5th and all of a sudden I get sparyed with rocks from your car so I just slowed down, but I think I need to set my shift light for 6500 instead of 5900. Oh well, I had a ton of fun and the cruise home was cool too, 2 sexy STi's just rollin down the hwy:cool: