P0172

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by minnesotanice, Sep 16, 2019.

1. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

My car threw me this code signifying that I'm running very rich on Bank 1. I noticed my A/F Learning creeping "up" or down depending on how you look at it.

I took the car down to Iowa this weekend for a trip and noticed my learning running up to the max -25.00 on my accessport while cruising. Under boost, the learning returns to zero.

What may be some causes of this? I do have a tune for E85 and run pump E85 without much issue. However, on the way down to Iowa, I noticed that the specific fuel I was getting was 70% ethanol, lower content than that of your typical pump fuel* at the stations I get mine from. Could this be an issue as the fuel is fairly different? I will be getting flexfuel kit installed this winter, but currently do not have it.

With my boost pressures at normal levels I wouldn't expect a leak, but could this be it?

Any other possible sources of the issue? Any suggestions are welcome. If more information is needed, I will gladly provide it!

2. minnesotanice

Update: Did some more research and talked with JM to see what they recommended. Sounds like its definitely over my head in diagnosing. Dropping the car off tonight.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

You’re in good hands at JM.

4. minnesotanice

And I know it. Been there for my tune and a couple other things on the vehicle. Always satisfied with the way they treat me there.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  5. minnesotanice

Jesse called me back after checking some things. Turns out the fuel was at low ethanol content, 58%, as I expected. Thankfully an easy fix.

6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Perfect!