Passenger Side Rear View Mirror

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by MNAutomatic, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I recently busted mine out and have just aquired my new one but do not want to pay 40 bucks for them to undo a couple of screws and through it back together. I am wondering if any of you on here could help me do it as you need to take off the paneling but I am un sure as to how to do it. A free meal is in it for anyone who is willing to help me. It is a simple switch but just a little confusing so please can someone help me out.

2. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

I can help I put mirrors on cars all the time. I work for a rental car company and they're always breaking them off in the car wash.

3. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Thanks man, what time would you like to meet up to do this? Give me a time and place and I will be there unless I got something else already scheduled during that time

4. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

Tomorrow would work best for me I only work until 2:00 in the afternoon. I don't care where my place your place. I live in minneapolis near lake nokomis. so i can get to anywhere.

5. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

alright, well I already have plans tomorrow during the day to go out on the lake. What about sunday? I have all day then free

6. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

sunday will work. after 2:00pm. where ever you want to meet. or tonite i work until 8:00pm but whatever.

7. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Alright, lets say sunday after 2. Somewhere in the middle of wayzata and where you live since I dont really know where that is. You pick the place

8. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

OK Why don't you email me your address and i'll come to you? is that cool? email is [email protected]. i can use mapquest to get there and call you when i arrive.

9. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

ehh...I dont think that would be a good idea as my mother is throwing a rather large event that after noon and I do not think she would be happy with that. So I guess pick somewhere else, I am willing to drive on down to your place as I guess we need some sort of garage or driveway to work at. Sorry for not being able to have you over and come out my way

10. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

Why don't I email you my address and you can come out here? i've got a garage and a driveway. it's not too hard to find.

11. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Sounds great dude, can't wait to get this done and man I am glad that I wasn't stupid and had the subaru service department put it on

12. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

Email sent. This shouldn't take too long mirrors are usually easy. see ya tomorrow. :D

13. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

I almost forgot it's the white house on the corner.

14. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Hey, I dont think I am going to be able to make it any time today as I have lost track of time and got many things to do before I leave on my trip this week. I am sorry about taking up your time if you had anything planned today but thanks for your generosity in offering your services and I hope to meet you sometime in the near future.

15. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

No problem. Time just flys. Don't worry about it whenever you want it done just contact me and we'll get together.

16. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Alright well I decided to try and tackle this myself today and I got the paneling off succesfully but how the hell do I get the friggin screws out for the mirror. I have tried every screwdriver I got and nothing worked. Does anyone have any suggestions?

17. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

Are they torx screws? meaning they look like stars?

18. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

no, they are just regular phillip heads. Tight as hell and wont budge any

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.