Question about MNSubaru permissible logo use

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Front Office' started by blueroo, Nov 25, 2014.

1. blueroo

blueroo Member

Does anyone know if there are any restriction on using the site logo for either personal or business use? Like a CC license or a donate % requirement to the site?

2. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

A CC license? You'll probably want to wait for WRX1 to comment on this, but I am going to pre-emptively tell you that it is something we would likely not allow. Since we would be shouldering some of the liability of your actions if you did so, and we don't want that.

tehfuzz likes this.
  3. blueroo

blueroo Member

Perhaps something more tangible to imagine - what if someone wanted to 3d print the logo or laser etch it onto things?

It really gets at who owns / has rights to the mnsubaru logo, but that gives the impression of a "lawyer up" attitude that I think takes away from the goal of the post which is to spread the mnsubaru love. So, I'm just curious without any immediate plans in mind right now.

Just thought I'd go fishing for an answer.

Rilez33 likes this.
  4. Ryan FailRad

Ryan FailRad Well-Known Member

If you post less ambiguously it will be easier to answer your question

tehfuzz, idget and EricS like this.
  5. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Any use of the logo needs to go through me. From there we can decide on how the logo can/should be used and if the logo is used to make money, how that money goes back to the site.

We are just trying to make sure that people don't start using the logo on things to sell to turn a profit for themselves and then have people come ask us about the logo use. I have actually found out about someone using the site logo to make money. I found out about the use when someone asked me if the site was making good money on the items that were being sold. In turn, the site made nothing off of it and we had some upset users that purchased items and never received them.

Russ

tehfuzz, readymix, EricS and 2 others like this.
  6. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Jesus tittyhumping christ, failrad comes through with an intelligible (and somewhat intelligent) post. What sort of bizarro world am I returning to?

tehfuzz and GregRoot198521 like this.
  7. blueroo

blueroo Member

Was that idget's tshirt order :D :D :D ??

WRX1, that sounds good. I was curious how it worked for the site, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for the info.

8. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Dafuq is wrong with you?

tehfuzz likes this.
  9. blueroo

blueroo Member

@Nhibbs says my car is going to blow up. I got stressssss

10. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

@idget took my virginity wearing an MNsubaru shirt. The site better have gotten good money for that.

tehfuzz and blueroo like this.