Questions about an 04 Forester 2.5xt

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Cotts612, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Cotts612

Cotts612 Well-Known Member

So my girlfriend is ready for a new vehicle. She found an 04 Forester 2.5xt with 117k for sale at Morries Hyundai on 394 for $7633. Good deal? Is this Morries the same one near Ridgedale that gives the mnsubaru discount? For some reason i thought it was a Subaru and Kia dealership.

Im also wondering what we should be looking for as far as maintenance issues. I know about the head gasket issues on the NA subies, but know nothing about foresters and na subie motors so anything else you can think of would be helpful . I know a lot of this I could probably google, but figured Id see what the community had to say.

Oh yeah, who is the salesman at Morries that folks recommend? Scott comes to mind. Thanks in advance!

2. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

It's not the same dealership. The Hyundai dealership is off 394 and Louisiana. The Subaru dealership is off 394 and ridgedale drive.

Turbo is a major concern at that age. Also timing belt service. I assume it's auto?

3. Cotts612

Yeah, its an automatic. So the 04 xt is turbo charged? I dont know why i thought it was the NA. Probably won't even bother then. My gf doesn't need a turbo in her life lol

4. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

Xs = Na
    Xt = Fi

5. Cotts612

Ahh. Thats what it was. I guess i should've googled after all :facepalm: Thanks, and btw these brakes are pretty nice ;)

6. Russo

Russo Well-Known Member

Amy is the person to ask for at Morrie's Hyundai.

7. Russo

Russo Well-Known Member

I just took it out for a spin. It runs and drives nicely. There are a few cosmetic issues that can be expected of a car that age, but nothing major. There has been some work on the transmission to fix an issue that caused rough shifting. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

We're open until 9 pm tonight if you'd like to come check it out!

Cotts612 likes this.
  8. Cotts612

Thanks for the info! Not worried about minor cosmetic blemishes. I dont think this would be a fit for my girlfriend's dd though . We will keep you guys in mind while the search continues.

9. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Is that the PB4W one? Those can be a little sketchy...

10. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

I am glad the brakes worked out for you.

11. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Anything over 100k miles is a PB4W