Rally Pit

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by SnowBaron, Mar 10, 2005.

1. SnowBaron

SnowBaron Guest

I put this in the General Discussion, but I'd better post it up here too just in case - 394 West of Minneapolis, all saturday and sunday, we'll be ripping it up where 394 is being expanded - its the time of your life I 100% guarantee :) This is what our cars were made for boys, come test your skills (afterall, Chicks want guys with skills) on the REAL thing, rally it up with us, your all invited

For a taste of the conditions, check out the vids section of my site

http://rallypit.8m.com

Enjoy

SnowBaron

2. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Maybe the mud will block the road salt from eating at my car all weekend.

3. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by SnowBaron

I put this in the General Discussion, but I'd better post it up here too just in case - 394 West of Minneapolis, all saturday and sunday, we'll be ripping it up where 394 is being expanded - its the time of your life I 100% guarantee :) This is what our cars were made for boys, come test your skills (afterall, Chicks want guys with skills) on the REAL thing, rally it up with us, your all invited
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I live right by it, I'll have to check it out this weekend.

4. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

where is this at? i can probobly drop by.

5. DISCOPOPE

aha, looks like the new hwy 12.

6. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

how far west on 394? i live in orono long lake area. sounds like fun

7. Dynapar

in the movie "lenght of the track" is that the willow bridge you go under?

8. DISCOPOPE

from the video it looks like they are hitting all that hwy 12 construction through long lake... :)
    i'm gona check it out tonight on my way home.... it's like 4 min from my house.

9. Dynapar

DSCOPOPE thats like 5 min away from me too. just a shot down watettown.

10. DISCOPOPE

woot.
    i wasted like 45 min there on my way home.
    very fun.
    i didn't find the doughnut patch.
    but i hit the entrance there accross from the red rooster and took it all the way west till i couldn't go any further, then i backtracked and turned up and found that area with the 'oval' that is uphill and trees in the middle.

i hit the oval once, but the ruts were frozen.. hopefully this weekend they will warmup for maximum slippage.
    and fwiw, there are some spots wide enough for 2 cars...

but meeting someone coming at you in the narrow section would be interesting...
    and very not cool if you happen to leave the road.. i can invision that phonecall.. "hello, yes, i need a towtruck with a winch... im 13 feet down in a ditch."

"sure, where you at?"

"um, yeah. heh... funny story actually. but i'm on hwy 12, the part thats not built yet..."

11. DISCOPOPE

dynopar, where you live at?
    i'm up on bayside....

12. Dynapar

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DISCOPOPE

woot.
    i wasted like 45 min there on my way home.
    very fun.
    i didn't find the doughnut patch.
    but i hit the entrance there accross from the red rooster and took it all the way west till i couldn't go any further, then i backtracked and turned up and found that area with the 'oval' that is uphill and trees in the middle.

i hit the oval once, but the ruts were frozen.. hopefully this weekend they will warmup for maximum slippage.
    and fwiw, there are some spots wide enough for 2 cars...

but meeting someone coming at you in the narrow section would be interesting...
    and very not cool if you happen to leave the road.. i can invision that phonecall.. "hello, yes, i need a towtruck with a winch... im 13 feet down in a ditch."

"sure, where you at?"

"um, yeah. heh... funny story actually. but i'm on hwy 12, the part thats not built yet..."
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

that would be an awsome phone call. i heard one of those before. (chux you were there) "Hey Josh, can you take a break from work... we need you to pull us out." we took an AWD astro mudding in Halbrook park when it was under construction. it was all good tell the wheels werent touching any more. good thing josh came with his truck to pull us out.

i heard some kids got stuck in a ditch in there. called triple A and the tow truck came out. he didnt say anythign he just laughed.

i live off of Turnahm rd (at the end of watertown by mcculley) septic froze so i am staying at my parents for now.

13. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I'll be in town on Saturday, and if i can convince my parents to insure the wagon, I'll probably stop in after UPull! maybe get malik to come in his jeep, may do that anyway. I (my parents...I should say) live about a mile west of dynapar on 6

14. SnowBaron

SnowBaron Guest

****! I had no idea how close you guys lived - yes that is the willow bridge, yes it is in orono, and yes, this weekend WILL kickass :) Ill be there with my wrx and a4 today probably around 4-5 o clock - Then will hopefully hit up the firestone meeting tonight - Hope to see you guys at one or both - hey you guys went to OHS? I graduated in 02 :) Cant wait for this fun, im bringing my vid camera again, lets just cross our fingers and hope the dirt isnt frozen :S Cya there

SnowBaron
    http://rallypit.8m.com

15. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

SUP MAN, glad you finally made it in. Welcome to MNSubaru and WRXFanatics.

I will be at Firestone this evening.

16. DISCOPOPE

lol dynapar, i live off of mcully and bayside..
    we are like 2 miles from each other.
    im 4461, right accross the street from that horse field.

i'm going to a memorial service tonight, but if i can convince the wife i'll drop by firestone.
    maybe i'll see you all there.

17. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

watch for the chuxwagon in the construction around 4! if I can convince my parents to insure it for the weekend, I'm there. probably at firestone too, around 9:30 or so.

18. Dynapar

probably wont see me there. unless someone pics me up.

so you gradutaed in 02 huh? i jsut graduated, 04 baby.

19. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

DOH!! had some issues getting out of duluth this afternoon, ended up going straight to the concert, then out to eat with some old friends we ran into at said concert. so no rally pit or firestone for me last night, hmmmm....but we're planning on coming to UPull tomorrow (today...something)

20. DISCOPOPE

i went, drove the full length twice.
    it was still pretty frozen.
    didn't see anyone, but saw someone lost a mudflap... :)