Reasons not to let someone drive your car

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by bikerboy, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Hey all!

I got an email from Enrique today. :(

He was here in Mn. and the car was in Phx at the shop. The shop guy was driving the car on a test drive when "He actually slid in to the back of a parked truck." The driver was hospitalized after the accident but I was told he was ok. I have no news on him as of today.

The car is totaled at this point. He has a new Java STI that he will be using for the one lap that begins on the 30th of this month. Then a new white one when 05's hit the shore.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A very sad day for the car :(

Please at Enrique's request do not forward these pictures or link this thread.

Matt

2. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Ouch! So which junk yard will this motor... uhh, car go to?

3. bikerboy

The car is in AZ. and is spoken for

M

4. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

G'z, if only he had valet mode, so those shop SOB's can't mess up your carz. This really sucks. I hope that Monkey gets what he deserves. Feel bad for Enrique and his staff, glad they were able to get another car to compete in the next event for their cause.

5. EchoWrx

EchoWrx New Member

Owww! Man I don't care if ya know how to dive a car...it takes time to finesse a Subaru. Especially on of Enrique's cars magnatitude. THE FOOL!:eek:) Who does that fix-up mechanic think he is, drivin like that, Collin McRay!!!

Shoot, I need another box of Kleenexs I left mine in the trunk.

P.S. that's a nice wing on that car.

6. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

If that happen to me... I'd pay the mechanic a visit at the funeral home :???:

Matt, is the engine spoken for by someone here in MN may I ask? }:)

7. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

Vic, can I drive your car? :D

8. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by John16V

Vic, can I drive your car? :D
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sure John, You're more then welcome to }:) :D

9. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

Matt, is the engine spoken for by someone here in MN may I ask? }:)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I wish, I am third in line for the car.

M

10. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

I'm surprised he didn't have a valet mode on that car. Which ECU was he running? Stock? The only times I take my car to a shop for someone else to work on is to change tires, alignment, or something I don't have the equipment for. The last thing I do before leaving it is to drop the rev limiter down to 2500 so something like this doesn't happen. If I were ever a mechanic I would treat everyone's car, to the slowest POS to the most modified performance car, with complete respect. I'm a serious subscriber to the oath:

<font size="3"><font color="red">Don't **** with another man's car</font id="red"></font id="size3">
    :(!

11. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

I'm 99% sure he was on the stock ECU, since I think that's still the only game in town. Unless there are standalones available that I haven't heard of....

12. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

That's terrible. I don't let anyone I don't trust drive my car even if it's low performance.

13. bikerboy

Stock ECU

14. 1LapSTI

1LapSTI New Member

Hello all,

Well, all the add-ons have been removed. The car is actually in California with my buddy and One Lap co-driver. He was getting the 02 sensor replaced at a friend's shop about 3 miles from his place of business. He dropped it off and the mechanic was returning it when he lost control and hit the parked truck.
    He was in the hospital with some cracked ribs, broken collarbone and concussion. I am glad he was not hurt worse.
    As much as I love and care for my cars, they are still only material things and can be replaced. A life can not. That is how I have to approach this to keep from going postal! [xx(]
    The mechanic has taken full responsibility and I will be replacing it with a White '05. There are no more White '04 STI's available so I have to wait until late June or July.

My buddy bought a Java Black one so we can still do the One Lap and everything is being swapped over to it this week.

Later,

Enrique
    (Carless and homeless in AZ)

15. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

That's good to hear. Also, a good viewpoint on things bro. :)

16. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

snaps...i wnat that engine..please see if you can get any more info....

17. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

dang that sucks man, sorry to see that.

Good thing everyone is ok though, and you get a new car out of it:D

good luck in the one lap.

p.s. i say white/gold next time;)

Ben

18. Fast Eddy

Fast Eddy New Member

Not much of a comparison, but a long time ago, in a land far away, when I was in high school, I let a friend/co-worker drive my car.

We were at work and I told him he could practice driving my VW pickup in the parking lot. He was practicing for his driving test.

Well, he finished practicing and gave the keys to one of our other co-workers (much shadyer) who had his license and wanted to take it for a spin. To make a long story short, he totalled my first car, and came back asking for sympathy. The bastard never paid me the full deductible, much less the increase in an 18 year olds insurance rates.

I learned to never loan my car to anyone except my most trusted friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.