Reasons why I sold my Vishnu Stage 2 GC WRX

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by kickin_81, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

...and chose to take back my normally aspirated 2.5 RS from my brother.

1. Two loans were needed to make payment of the car. I needed to begin/continue saving to make more $$ available for things I really needed as a young adult. With the Impreza RS, my family can save more $$$ each month to buy things we really need.
    2. I drive very conservatively. It's like I will only drive with a heavy foot when someone thinks that they are the sh*t and try to race me (they end up behind... way behind :D) or when I'm at a race.
    3. The way I drive limits me to drive from idle to 3200 rpm only. Anything above that is pushing it and asking for trouble. Because of the nature of the turbocharger, most of the power is not felt until 3200 rpm and higher. The N/A EJ25 of my old RS (I/H/E/C/P) pulls me in my seat anywhere in my recommended rev range immediately after I step on the gas. It loses breath as it passes ~4500rpm though.
    4. The Tein suspension was a little too racy and stiff for my driving needs. I wanted to swap suspension with another GC, but it would take too much time and an alignment would have needed to be done.
    5. Maintenance of 3 cars at home is a handfull for a college student and full-time worker like me. Lots of time was needed to have a family of healthy running cars. Now I can worry about just two: the Impreza and the Corolla. :p
    6. I have to admit, the WRX made me worry on it's reliability. The record of events with the WRX includes a popped coolant cap from using California coolant(freiked me out). A tiny oil leak that was repaired (worried me). A hole in the radiator hose (freiked me out). And the idle air control valve died on me making the WRX run rough until I replaced it with another one (freiked me out).

In the end, I'm glad I've had the chance to own such a fast and nice car. It ran low 13's in the quarter and was capable for high lap speeds using the right tires and driver (not me ). I've beat modified V8's, Eclipse GST/GSX's, and other monsters and have had the pleasure to make a lot of faces smile from being the proud owner of a rare GC Impreza. Teh end! :)

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Fong, who ended up with the car? I know it's sad to let something like that go... but you made the right decision. Your family always comes first.

I don't even want to think about it... but my STi might even go that route as well... additional family member... bigger sedan (Legacy GT Wagon).

3. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I don't even want to think about it... but my STi might even go that route as well... additional family member... bigger sedan<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I call dibs :D

4. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

so who has it now?

5. kickin_81

Kongzilla's brother-in-law. He is selling his MY86 Corolla GT-S because he bought my car. :)

6. morganm

morganm New Member

I know how you feel man becuase I've been there. Had to sell my 'hot rod' 2 years ago. Sure was a lot of fun to drive and it was one of a kind but more hassel than it was worth to me. It was one of a kind becuase it was a 1981 Buick Regal with a 472ci (that's 7.7 liters!) cadillac engine mated to a TH350 transmission with shift kit and rear LSD. A lot of fun, but as you stated above, it was also a lot of work to maintain.

That's when I turned to offroading. Much easier, cheaper, and I've found it to be a hell of a lot more FUN! :D Maybe its time for an old GL wagon? ;)

7. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Atleast you still got a GC

:roll:........:(.........

8. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

yeap....like yia said you still have the blue GC.:D

9. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

You can always throw a turbo at it later. Then you can have pull across the whole RPM spectrum :p

I like my stiff suspension, it tends to keep friends from asking me to drive them places. However there is this curb going into the gf's place that I swear is going to knock a strut up through the brace one of these days, but then at least I'll know the limits on my suspension. I love beating up on my car, and I think it enjoys it as well :D

10. kickin_81

Yeah, guys. I still have my blue Impreza RS. I've just given it a car wash and an air-dry down University by my house. Man, I miss the WRX's boxer rumble, but the RS' equal-length header makes a super sexy sound as well. :D

Morgan, I would have never guessed that you've once owned a muscle car. You're so young... :p

Rallynavvie, I know who to turn to if I ever need advice on engine management for a future turbo project. You are the few turbo'd Imprezas that has had such a long motor life. I envy you. :I

11. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

I guess I'm not alone anymore. Watch out the pearl blue GC8's are comin tree near you!!!

12. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear things are working out for you. ;)

13. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

is the gt-s a hatch?

14. kickin_81

Thanks, Chong. :)
    Lue, I do not know for sure. His GT-S is RWD with a Quaife 1.5 rear diff. :eek:

15. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

no fong your wrong. it is a gts hatch. same one in initial d. he has blue bucket seats, jdm 5 zigen cat back exhaust, and 2 way trd lsd. secret kill switch. i have to admit. i believe its a 85 model but its still the same. very nice and pulls hard and corners hard too. did fong mention it was for sale.

16. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kongzilla

no fong your wrong.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<font color="red">YEA!</font id="red">, brought up a stupid argument for no reason}:)

17. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kongzilla

no fong your wrong. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Kong, every thing is wrong to you. I think you need to lay off that opium. Hahaha!!! Just kidding. I know it is for sale, but he told me that he already has a buyer.

18. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

eyy kong, gimme number for the gt-s hatch. I'll check it out.

19. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Yeah, guys. I still have my blue Impreza RS. I've just given it a car wash and an air-dry down University by my house. Man, I miss the WRX's boxer rumble, but the RS' equal-length header makes a super sexy sound as well. :D

Morgan, I would have never guessed that you've once owned a muscle car. You're so young... :p

Rallynavvie, I know who to turn to if I ever need advice on engine management for a future turbo project. You are the few turbo'd Imprezas that has had such a long motor life. I envy you. :I
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    so young? i to own a muscle car (currently) a 1979 hurst olds:D its my baby, but driving it and driving the impreza are two completly different worlds..the hurst is fast as hell, in a strait line pretty much, and the subaru is just an all around amazing car, its not VERY fast, but i bet it could keep up with a stock RS, hell maybe beat one..ive never been to the track or raced one with it

20. 2.5RS_Freek

2.5RS_Freek New Member

You know, if you want that boxer rumble you can always get yourself a set of Borla headers... They're cheap and they sound decent.
    On a more personal note though, I totally understand your reasons for selling it, but truthfully you should have just sold me the bumpers and the drivetrain. Oh sure, you may not have made as much money, but you would have made me happier. And in the end, isn't that all that really matters... making ME happy? :D

Naw, just kidding. Besides, your current GC is sexy as hell.

Tony.

21. kickin_81

Erik, you can try, but to beat an RS w/ a decent driver is gonna take guts. :p You'll hand me my *ss any day of the week. I'm still trying to perfect my grandpa driving skills. ;)

Tony, thanks! One day your car can be just as quick as a WRX if you get a swap. You've got the looks already, go for suspension and power now. :D

22. AWDimprezaL

well, if i cant beat one, then ide at least like to see where i stand against one:D

23. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

hummm.....wanna burn some gas with me? I have had many runs with my buddy's RS. We run really even until we hit 4th, that's when he starts to walk away..

24. AWDimprezaL

lets go!:D lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.