Registration is now OPEN - SCCA PDX at DCTC October 28, 2012

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by RSR, Oct 3, 2012.

1. RSR

RSR Member

With the success of our June PDX at DCTC we are back for round 2.

Registration is open for the SCCA-LOL's PDX at Dakota County Technical College.

Please sign up at Motorsportsreg.com as space is limited for this event.

If you have any questions please contact me at: [email protected] .

Thanks and hope to see you at DCTC!

2. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Any links to the event or other info? Some people find it tough to have to go to another page to see it. :D

3. RSR

RSR Member

4. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

This is going to be a lot of fun utilizing the whole DCTC track. I'm planning on being there. :coffee:

5. Juks

Juks Well-Known Member

hmm...drifting event? I think that's about the best I'll get on those direzza's :eek:

6. Musashi

Have no fear there will be some Rally Instructors on hand :smoke:

Come out and I'd be happy to assist you with getting new correct size tires. :coffee:

7. RSR

RSR Member

Here is a YouTube video from our June event that shows the track layout that will be used.

Musashi likes this.
  8. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting up the video...registering now :) I've been to DCTC many times for autox, but I think it would be awesome to run it more like a road course.

So if it happens to snow, will the event still be on? Snow drifting ftw!

Musashi likes this.
  9. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

What is the cost of this event?

10. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

It is $125 for the event, plus $15 for the weekend SCCA membership (not necessary if you already have a SCCA membership) = $140 total. Plus $5 if you want to have lunch onsite too.

11. AstroWagon

AstroWagon New Member

It looks like a blast! I am signing up. Will be my first track event and I am looking forward to it. Hopefully there is some instructors there to help me find my way around the
    track. Now what type of helmet do I need to find?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  12. RSR

RSR Member

The helmet must be a SA2005 or SA2010. Send me an e-mail BEFORE the event so I know your size and I will have some of my rental helmets available at no charge. I also have a good selection of new helmets in stock if you wanted to make a purchase.

13. ScaryFatKidGT

ScaryFatKidGT Member

What is your email? How many helmets will there be available?

I need to get around to getting one, what are some good cheep ones? I would prefer open faced. I seem to remember Pyrotech racing and bell having good cheep ones?

14. RSR

RSR Member

E-mail me at: [email protected] or give me a call 651-983-8238. My website is: racesuitrental.com
    I am a local dealer for Bell Racing, OMP, OMP Sport, Pyrotect & Sparco USA.

15. Musashi

Can't wait to go have some fall season fun. Do you think we'll even notice the fall colors lol

16. Musashi

Oil prices are below $90 a barrel and the gas prices are dropping at the pump, so you have one less excuses to not come out to this event. It will be fun!

17. Musashi

I fear snow will be upon us. I'm so excited we're gonna have snow!

18. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

I might need to throw the snow tires on!

Musashi likes this.
  19. Musashi

I plan on showing up in Winters and RA1's in the trunk!

20. jcn

jcn Active Member

Hmm. Was going to bring the turbo S2000, but thinking the Civic or WRX might be a better option.

21. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

So who's going to this tomorrow? I will and I know jorden and Chong will be there too.

22. RSR

RSR Member

THANK YOU MNSUBARU!!!

We have over 30 cars registered and the weather is looking good.

There will be 2-3 additional SCCA PDX events scheduled at DCTC in 2013 and should have the schedule soon.

Thanks to all of you that signed up and looking forward to a great event!

Car count: Subaru (10), BMW (3), Mazda (3), Honda (3), Mercedes (2), Ford (2), Toyota/Lexus (3), Mitsubishi (1), Chrysler (1), Chevrolet (1), Audi (1), Nissan (1), Volkswagen (1).

23. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

Looks like fun. I will have to look for this next year. Winter tires only at the moment doesn't quite afford opportunity right now.

24. jcn

jcn Active Member

Was very well organized and a lot of fun. And the car didn't blow up in the morning! Next time I'm going to bring the WRX so I can play with y'all.

25. AstroWagon

AstroWagon New Member

What a great event!! Some really great drivers out there, I have a ton to learn about driving on a track. After riding around with my buddy in his blue G35 I can see how fair a car can be pushed, just my take me about 10 years to get to that level

26. Musashi

JCN next time all three just like how we discussed pal lol. I was wondering what had happened after you went MIA. It was nice to see at this event.

OMG i couldn't believe how many Subaru's came out to support this event. Even as far as N.Dakota. I had a blast, great job to the organizers and the participants. Rookies ftw!

27. jcn

jcn Active Member

The car was too fast to go all out (kept deafening people as I ripped past) and less fun when puttering around at 7/10ths. Also was smoking a little from tranny oil on the exhaust so thought I'd hang it up before setting things on fire. Going to have LJ at Full Blown do a tranny vent catch can. Was a great shake down for the Captain to see what it needs to not blow up on big track. Last time I was at BIR, I melted a turbo.... :D

I plan on shaking it down at a few more PDXs next year and then using it for Time Trial.

Musashi likes this.
  28. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

The day started off cold but I still had a blast. With chong as a instructor its hard not to improve each time I go out. Thanks again chong for instructing, And to David at RSR for the lending me a helmet for the day. Ill be back next year for sure.

Musashi likes this.
  29. KA-T_240

KA-T_240 Well-Known Member

Had a good day down there today, i was with the 2 Subarus from ND. Was a loud drive home with the leaky header!

Musashi likes this.
  30. siikduke

siikduke Active Member

I had an awesome time! TILL I BLEW UP THIRD GEAR IN THE WRX DURING OPEN RUNS LOL. If anyone see a good deal on a 6speed let me know!! For now, the WRX sleeps and the RX7 comes out to play this winter ;D

31. Musashi

That was fun tracking down the rest of the AWD cars on the track, it was like a train of AWD's out there; Subby, Evo, Subby, then Evo lol

32. RSR

RSR Member

Here are a few photos from the event.

Attached Files:

Musashi likes this.
  33. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

The pictures are small, but what was the oddest vehicle out there? I think next year when I have performance tires and my suspension finished I might bring the boat out. Is there extra credit for being able to seat 5 people and a trunk full of groceries?

34. RSR

RSR Member

Small photos were just from my phone...

HUGE mix of cars... from a 1987 Supra, 1989 Conquest tsi, VW GTI's old and new, Lexus LS430, couple Mercedes, at least 10 WRX's, Corvette Z06, Miata's, S2000's, 240sx, Mustangs, Lancer Evo's and a couple BMW's. Over 30 cars on track for this event!

What was cool is that it was kind of a car show in the pits between runs with everyone checking out all the various vehicles then getting to go out and run with them on the track to see how they all worked. Even when people had mechanical issues other drivers helped get the cars back on track.

Musashi likes this.
  35. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Hey I heard you blew up 3rd after I left and was really sorry to hear that...I hate it when others' cars blow up. Anyway, at least you have another car to drive, and now you can just make the wrx stronger!