Remote Starter via dealership

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by GrawvyRobber, Jan 5, 2018.

1. GrawvyRobber

GrawvyRobber Active Member

So my GF got a '17 impreza hatch last spring. She recently received a $150 gift card to the dealership for some recall that they already fixed. Does the dealership install remote starters? Going to call and chat with them but figured I'd get some input here first. Is it worth her spending the gift card on that or should we get the remote starter from somewhere else?

Thanks in advance

2. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Subaru does make their own remote start kits that the dealership definitely can install.

You're dealership may also install (either in house, or contract with an installer) aftermarket units as well for more features. We contract with Options Auto up here to have CompuStar systems installed.

Ctracey218 likes this.
  3. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

Morries in Minnetonka works with both factory and a few aftermarket Compustar remotes.

Chux likes this.
  4. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

I had over 2 dozen compustar alarms and remote starts done by tony with hand command.

I highly recommend him and his service. He'll come out to you for install.

Soupboy and idget like this.
  5. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

I did not know you guys offered Compustar systems too... might need to get that priced out for the FXT.

6. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I was happy with the install job Dealer Automotive Services in Hopkins did on our car. They have been doing this kind of work for many years.

7. Stormtrooper1

Stormtrooper1 Well-Known Member

If you can get a aftermarket that doesn't shut off when a door is opened, that would be the way to go.

Soupboy likes this.