Rochester / S.E. MN

Discussion in 'MNSubaru - Regional' started by Steve in Minnesota, May 13, 2005.

1. Steve in Minnesota

Steve in Minnesota Well-Known Member

2. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

lol, you might want to post the times instead of just telling them to read, because then creating this new thread was pointless;)

Ben

3. LeiboSTi

LeiboSTi Well-Known Member

OK the first event is set for tonight, Chateau theater, 6PM. Details on the May 28th meet to follow.

4. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Steve in Minnesota

Saturday, May 28th
    6:00 P.M.
    Chateau Theatres Parking Lot - Up against the cliff wall on the north edge of the lot.
    Nothing formal! Just a casual meet and greet!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Here's the schedule of Rochester gatherings:

5/14(Sat) 6pm Chateau Theater lot, PHATsuby hang out with himself
    5/15(Sun) 6pm Chateau Theater lot
    5/15(Sun) 7pm I'm going for ice cream @ DQ on Broadway
    5/28(Sat) 6pm Chateau Theater lot
    6/5(Sun) 5pm Chateau Theater lot

It would be extra convenient for people if the owner of this "event" thread edited the first post's contents to keep a running list of upcoming events... Steve volunteers! ;)

|EDIT: added 6/5 date

5. PHATsuby

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rskm1

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Steve in Minnesota

Saturday, May 28th
    6:00 P.M.
    Chateau Theatres Parking Lot - Up against the cliff wall on the north edge of the lot.
    Nothing formal! Just a casual meet and greet!
    Here's the schedule of Rochester gatherings:

5/14(Sat) 6pm Chateau Theater lot, PHATsuby hang out with himself

roflmao, that was good, nicely done.:)

Ben

6. PHATsuby

great turnout guys, looking forward to more meets and install days as well. Rob and I had a nice little "race" on the way back, LOL.

see you next time.

Ben

7. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by PHATsuby

great turnout guys, looking forward to more meets and install days as well. Rob and I had a nice little "race" on the way back, LOL.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Heehee, turbo wins! I tried to sqeak MY tires too, but no cigar.

I've got a few pics to post, but the nice scenic one it too big to crop with P.O.S. MSPaint, and my antique copy of PhotoDeluxe 1.0 doesn't work in WinXP anymore. :( I'll figure something out shortly.

8. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

Okay, let's see if I can figure out the tag format on this board... bleh, doesn't look like I can nest a thumbnail image INSIDE a hyperlink to the full-size image. Oh well...

2005.05.15 (Sat 6pm) Chateau Theater meet-up pics

Wide-angle shot of the lot: (2304x1728, 682Mb!) <- oops, forum scaled it down. full-size available on request.
    http://www.mnsubaru.com/images/memberimages/520/20050515wideangle1.jpg
    [​IMG]

Candid group shot: (692x519, 58Kb)
    http://www.mnsubaru.com/images/memberimages/520/20050515group1.jpg
    [​IMG]

"Think of a funny caption for this one, for the next meet-up": (400x236, 24Kb)
    http://www.mnsubaru.com/images/memberimages/520/20050515underside1.jpg
    [​IMG]

9. LeiboSTi

Nice pictures, nice to meet you all, let's keep it going.

Ben - here is the thread on that car, I forgot that I edited some of my posts out later because I was concerned about the guy (car seller/mechanic) getting upset:

http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1361

If you really want to do an install day let me know. Gauges will be here tomorrow.

Brad

10. PHATsuby

Hey Brad,

thanks for the link, that is pretty interesting i wonder how he was able to sell it, haha.

I am definitely down to do an install day, i'll call matt tomorrow see what he says.

also, apparently i was mistaken on the ecutek map, i talked to Jarrad he said it was a new map for the FP green, haha, oops sorry about that.

Ben

11. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

NO WAY! there IS a legacy under all that dirt!;)

12. Steve in Minnesota

Rob

Thanks for taking the photos!

Next time we should all park like we're not afraid the jerk next to us is going to door-ding us. :D

It was great to meet everyone. Make sure to tell your fellow Subie enthusiasts about the 28th.

Steve B

13. LeiboSTi

Rob

Thanks for taking the photos!

Next time we should all park like we're not afraid the jerk next to us is going to door-ding us. :D

It was great to meet everyone. Make sure to tell your fellow Subie enthusiasts about the 28th.

Steve B

Steve - That is funny, I thought the same thing when I saw an empty space between each car.

Ben - thought you might find the link interesting. I read up on your project aspirations, looks awesome. That FMIC looks great. I already contacted PDX tuning, have not heard back yet. We will see what they think. The main problem with their system, as far as I can tell, is that everytime I upgrade something, there will be another charge for reflashing. With the Cobb AP system, I can simply download a new map to match the upgrades.

My gauges are in Lacrosse WI right now, they were trying to deliver to my address except NW instead of SW. Hopefully all straightened out now and should be here tomorrow. I will look over everything and make sure I have everything I need.

I ordered this part for the oil pressure sender:

Oil Gallery Plug
    This is the one everyone is looking for to do their aftermarket oil pressure sender installation. This plug threads into the block in place of the plug with the hex head, and allows you to screw a standard 1/8" BSPT oil pressure sender (or other 1/8" BSPT item) into the oil gallery on the back of the engine block. A new aluminum gasket is included.

Price:$8.00 Availability

I will look at what comes with the gauges in terms of senders, etc. I may need to consult with you to see if I have everything I need when it all arrives.

This is the gauge pod I ordered, with the flat black face:

http://wrxtra.com/cat_6.html

These are the gauges, they match very well when set to all red face:

http://hp.autometer.com/products/nexus/index.html

I leave town Friday the 20th through Wednesday the 25th. Perhaps if the meet goes off as planned on the 28th, we could do the install before or after? I have a bunch of information I have been compiling regarding the install. Do you want me to email it to you?

I should have one or two more suby owners for the next meet.

14. PHATsuby

Brad-emailed you:)

Ben

15. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Brad and Ben - An install day seems like a brilliant idea to me, I would like to watch and learn. Hopefully your parts will be here before the weekend and we could make Saturday into an install day.

All - Yeah we def. need to take pics with the cars lined up.

PS: It is my birthday today and my friends want to give me a gift worth $100-$200.. What should I ask for?

I was rooting for a downpipe as i might be able to steal an up-pipe from Brad :p

otherwise maybe a short throw w/bushings?

As i said the other day, kinda newbie at subaru stuff so suggestions would be appreciated!

16. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rskm1

Okay, let's see if I can figure out the tag format on this board... bleh, doesn't look like I can nest a thumbnail image INSIDE a hyperlink to the full-size image. Oh well...

2005.05.15 (Sat 6pm) Chateau Theater meet-up pics

Wide-angle shot of the lot: (2304x1728, 682Mb!) <- oops, forum scaled it down. full-size available on request.
    http://www.mnsubaru.com/images/memberimages/520/20050515wideangle1.jpg
    [​IMG]

Candid group shot: (692x519, 58Kb)
    http://www.mnsubaru.com/images/memberimages/520/20050515group1.jpg
    [​IMG]

"Think of a funny caption for this one, for the next meet-up": (400x236, 24Kb)
    http://www.mnsubaru.com/images/memberimages/520/20050515underside1.jpg
    [​IMG]

<font color="blue">sorry but isnt it funny how the shot was taken in some theatre mnamed place.. and the cars are parked like guys in a theater alone... you know a space between each one.. anyways.. I htought it was funny</font id="blue">:D

17. LeiboSTi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by beeloo

Brad and Ben - An install day seems like a brilliant idea to me, I would like to watch and learn. Hopefully your parts will be here before the weekend and we could make Saturday into an install day.

All - Yeah we def. need to take pics with the cars lined up.

PS: It is my birthday today and my friends want to give me a gift worth $100-$200.. What should I ask for?

I was rooting for a downpipe as i might be able to steal an up-pipe from Brad :p

otherwise maybe a short throw w/bushings?

As i said the other day, kinda newbie at subaru stuff so suggestions would be appreciated!

Downpipe will cost more than that. Kartboy short shifter and bushings would be in that price range and a nice upgrade. You could actually get springs for slightly more than that, you could get anti roll bars and whiteline anti-lift kit (more caster). I personally would use it for a driving event first then think about what to upgrade based on your experiences at the driving event. I am planning on this one:

https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=252

18. LeiboSTi

one more thing:

<font size="3">H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y</font id="size3">

:D

19. PHATsuby

yea, happy birthday Nabil, we will have an install day sometime soon, or maybe it will be an install day for you guys and an uninstall for me;)

Ben

20. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Thanks Brad and Ben

That event looks tempting but i just got the car 2 months ago. So i am not really familiar with the car, also that is about the same time I learned to drive a manual :(.

I am planning on attending a school for a day or two before taking subie to a track.

I am sure you all have been in my shoes at one time or another, so feel free to throw suggestions.

21. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by beeloo

I am planning on attending a school for a day or two before taking subie to a track.

I am sure you all have been in my shoes at one time or another, so feel free to throw suggestions.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    http://www.mazdarevitup.com (website is down for now, try later)

This is an annual event that tours the country and lets you test drive Mazdas for free, AND for a nominal fee, lets you take seminars (repeatedly!) on cornering, braking, slalom, etc, using Mazda 6's on hi-perf tires.

It's like really inexpensive autocross practice in someone else's car. Yeah, it's just a Mazda, with FWD and AT, but it's always more comforting to "push the envelope" in a rental.

Also, play a lot of Gran Turismo 1/2/3/4 on PS 1/2. :cool:

22. LeiboSTi

check it out goodies arrived:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    blackout gauges just like the stock STi gauge cluster. Can be set up with similar opening seqence.

Ben - all I want to do for this install is the gauges, the pulley, and silencer delete. The gauges came with all the senders, wiring and hardware. My only concern is that I am not sure if the threads are metric or SAE. I will check it out. Looks like all hardware and sensors are included.

I almost think I could do it all myself, but would prefer professional;) assistance if you are still game. I am gone this weekend. Perhaps late next week or next weekend?

23. LeiboSTi

Thanks Brad and Ben

That event looks tempting but i just got the car 2 months ago. So i am not really familiar with the car, also that is about the same time I learned to drive a manual :(.

I am sure you all have been in my shoes at one time or another, so feel free to throw suggestions.

Nabile,
    If you are that new to a manual transmission, I would be happy to give you a primer (in your car:D)
    Nothing would be better for that situation than the short shifter setup, most people seem to favor kartboy short shifter and bushings. This has a shorter throw than the STi SS.
    Brad

24. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Thanks man, i have been practicing for a while but would be nice if someone would help me better it. Yeah, i have made up my mind about the Kartboy SS. For the money, it seems to be the best one out there.

Steve has it in his Wagon, he had good things to say about it as well.

Well.. let me know when you want to go for a drive ;)

25. PHATsuby

Brad,

Yea I can help you out, im not a professional but I can offer assistance:) Matt knows his way around the STi engine like the back of his hand, but i know a good amount.

I am basically available anytime really, just let me know, i might be up in the cities so give me some notice, and if you want that manifold let me know and i can probably get it from matt for you. there is an adapter that goes from 1/4 to 1/8 npt, so no worries if you need that.

can you take a pic of the oil pressure adapter that goes into the gallery plug?

thanks
    Ben

26. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

Man, there was just waaaay too much black and silver at the last meet.

I've spotted a couple WRXs (a <font color="blue">blue bugeye</font id="blue"> and a <font color="red">red 04?05</font id="red">) since then, and left Post-It notes with the time/date/location of the 5/28 meeting and "www.mnsubaru.com" on their windows.

So hopefully, if I'm not around that weekend, SOMEONE will show up to give the lot a splash of color... :roll:

27. LeiboSTi

What is the official time on the 28th?

28. Herger

Herger Active Member

I think the official time is 6 pm, I'm gonna be in kind of a hurry to leave town so I'll probably swing by at 5 or 5:30 and see who's there (though I presume I'll be waiting til 6 until others show up).

29. beeloo

beeloo New Member

I am in the same boat as Herger, i would like the meet to be earlier too as I have to leave for Twin Cities. What do you guys think?

I have spotted a 04 Blue Wrx and a 02-03 Silver WRX identical to mine except for a tweety bird hangin from the rear view.

30. Steve in Minnesota

I'll be there at 5:30 just for the heck of it.

When we get there let's have a discussion about whether there might be a better night than Saturday.

Steve B

31. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

Whatever time you guys decide I hope you have fun. Cuz I'll be back home at the parents in Wisc. putting on my eibach springs (and hopefully my perrin swaybar if it gets here) by myself. well, maybe some help from a friend.

Saw a silver wagon with rota attack(?) rims at hawthorn golf learning center tuesday morning.

Pat

32. LeiboSTi

For me, earlier is better so I can get home and have dinner with my family.

I will be installing my gauges, crank pulley and rear strut bar and removing the silencer on Sat morning with the help of Matt.

See you Sat.

33. Steve in Minnesota

Brad

If you need help on Saturday...let me know. I wouldn't mind checking out the silencer delete and the gauge install. I'm not a mechanical wizard but I've managed to do all my mods myself and haven't killed anyone yet.:cool:

Steve B

34. PHATsuby

Party at Brads!!! WOOT!!!

LOL, jk guys;)

Ben

35. LeiboSTi

Brad

If you need help on Saturday...let me know. I wouldn't mind checking out the silencer delete and the gauge install. I'm not a mechanical wizard but I've managed to do all my mods myself and haven't killed anyone yet.:cool:

Steve B

Steve, check you email:D

36. Steve in Minnesota

All

Next Rochester meet will be SUNDAY, June 5th at 5:00 P.M. in the parking lot of the Chateau Theatres on the NE side of Rochester. We'll see how the time and day work out and probably continue with the Sunday thing.

We did have a showing last night. While I was there, three folks from the previous meet and two new people. I was hoping for a better showing but I think I was being overly optimistic given that it was a holiday weekend, it was a Saturday night during a holiday weekend and it was raining like a MOFO for a little while.

Again....SUNDAY, June 5th. 5:00 P.M. in the parking lot of the Chateau theatres...up agains the cliff wall. BE THERE....OR BE ELSEWHERE. :cool:

Steve B.

37. beeloo

beeloo New Member

This needs to be a stickyyyyyy!

38. Steve in Minnesota

I e-mailed Bikerboy just now and asked him to make this a sticky. :cool:

Steve B

39. pbedroske

Hey we finally got our sticky!!!

an update on my status...

I installed the eibach springs last weekend. wasn't too bad with the help of air tools and a large breaker bar. Now I need an alignment, the inside of my front tires are wore pretty far. any suggestions for a place in town at a good price???

I haven't yet installed the endlinks or RSB as it hasn't come yet(on backorder). Hopefully next week they tell me.

meanwhile I intend to get rota torques as soon as they are available. I'll have to email some vendors unless somebody has some other suggestion.

Pat

40. PHATsuby

want some 18's? ;)

Ben

41. pbedroske

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by PHATsuby

want some 18's? ;)

Ben

from your legacy? actually i have my heart set on the torques.

42. LeiboSTi

So did you guys meet yesterday? I hope this will not die as fast as it started. I was unable to go due to company in town. Hopefully our little SE branch of MNSubaru will survive.

43. pbedroske

Yeah, Brad, we met last night. well, four of us. the two steves, rob and myself. we were a little disappointed at the turn-out. in our boredom we removed my rear spoiler and rob took some pics. then it started to rain.

Steve (MN) sounds interested in getting together for a drive sometime. he also has some parts to install. My swaybar is due here thursday so I would be up for an install day this weekend. or i'll end up doing it myself...again.

by the way, i had my alignment done on saturday. they didn't need to use my camber bolts so if anyone needs them, let me know. I have the stat sheet on the alignment, if someone can decipher it for me that would be super!:D

pat

44. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

I would be interested in the oil adapter plug if you still have it??? I have an Autometer Gauge though it is the australian version so not sure about the thread...

45. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Sorry, was not able to make it cuz of a 'friend' emergency. Had to go up to the cities.

My plan this weekend is to debadge the car and wash it ( the only problem is I dont have a hair dryer :) to debadge). I would be glad to provide a helping hand to Steve or Pat. Let me know when you guys are planning on the install.

BTW Steve, this is the package i was talking about. What do you think?

Stage #1
    http://gruppe-s.com/Subaru/PowerPackages.htm