Rock Falls Run October 9th

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Imprzya, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

Hey, I'm new on here, but i have been on NASIOC for a while. Anyway, Jorge told me that this is where all the MN subaru people hang out. I plan on running my car at Rock Falls on September 19th, the next import day, and i was wondering if any minnesota people would be up for it. I'd say Rock Falls is about 1.5 hrs away from Minneapolis. I havent run my car since it was stock, so im excited to give it a try. Anyway, I posted this on Nasioc and no one replied. It would be nice if some other suby would join me on the track so i had some people to hang out with for the day.

Kristi

edit: im going again, anybody gonna join me this time?

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Kristi,

Why not come and join us at DCTC this Sunday and Monday for some Circuit racing? You'll get more for your money $$$. And glad you made it here.

C ;)

3. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Welcome Kristi!!!

Some of these guys actually live 1/4 mile at a time. I'm sure they'll be up for it.

If you have the time, do stop by Dakota Cty College as Chong stated... you'll appreciate your car a lot more once you get the feel of control.

Go Girl Racer!!! to the tune of Speed Racer :p

4. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

I'm working this weekend :( But I'll keep watching for future events. Like i said, I really want to see what my car will run in the 1/4. Hopefully we get a nice cool day.

5. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

if the car is stock...you already know what it's capable of. You might be able to make it to DCTC since it's also on monday. Alot more for the $$$ as chong stated.

6. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

of course my car isnt stock :p

7. Musashi

Enjoy while you can. Circuit racing may cost you a few tires, unless your roll it. And than there is Drag, you go thru a few tires and than there is the tranny or driveshafts. lol

If you got ballz, which u dont, cuz your a female. Ok, got gutz.....lol come out and show the boyz what your made of.

I won't even get into the last lady that rode with me. Shhhhhhhhhhhh

See ya!

}:);)

Thanks for the invite. :cool:

8. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

I dont even know what circuit racing is?

9. Musashi

Here ya go, Kristi.

[​IMG]

10. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Mushashi, those lines you drew on there have REALLY CRAPPY apexing. I would have expected better from you? }:) ;)

11. Musashi

JP,

If those were my lines I'd probably ask your kids to draw it for me. And besides I'd put more turn's if it was up to me. Those are the Event Directors mapping, unlike me he has considerations for Newbies like JP.

C :D

12. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mushashi

Those are the Event Directors mapping, unlike me he has considerations for Newbies like JP.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Chong,

That's Mr. Master N00b to you! ;-)

13. Musashi

Jp,

I hear it the first time, thanks. Now is Mr. Master N00b coming to DCTC to tango? You lead I follow. Lets have a little Toughe at DCTC!
    C :D

14. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Welcome, Kristi. I guess you're the third chic that posts on this forum. :) I was thinking of going to the Rock so I can get one last whiff of tire-shredding before the winter sets in. But then again, Sno-pus is just around the corner after we get past all this d&mn heat.

Chong, that map of DCTC makes me feel nervous. I think I'm gonna stick to a 1/4 mile at a time. :p Any why are you acting a little excited tonight? Is it because someone is new here? ;) Last time I was at the Rock early this year, I talked to a cool chic that loved to watch drag racing as well as her new GC Impreza RS. Too bad she didn't join the forum.

15. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

If anyone is interested in coming, we typically meet up at the McDonalds on Craig Rd, which is in Eau Claire and is the hwy 37 exit off I-94. Coming from the cities I believe it is the second Eau Claire exit. The track opens at 9am and then brackett racing typically starts at noon.

16. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Fong: In my experience, most women aren't really wild about being referred to as "chicks"...YMMV

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Imprzya

of course my car isnt stock :p

Mod list?

17. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Kristi

first welcome! I went to the rock two weeks ago for a test day. I might go again on the 19th I will have to see what is going on the weekend.

Matt

18. kickin_81

Ya, we used to post a lot on a few threads on Nasioc with over 500 posts long for each thread, but since MNSubaru started up very few MN members go there anymore for the "midwest" forums.

So, since we're on the subject. What modifications do you have done to your car, Kristi? :) What are you expecting to run for the 1/4 mile?

I guess I could slap on my old GC's black powdercoated wheels and go run on the 19th for a few passes. It'll be fun! What time should the guys meet with you at Micky-Dee's?

ps- I thought chicks liked being called "chicks." But... that was what <font color="red">I </font id="red">thought. :p

19. Grimm

Grimm New Member

I might be able to make it but I have a bennifit to go to on the 18th, so I guess it depends on how much I drink that night.

How early in the morning are you meeting to go down?

Erik
    02 WRX
    91 NSX

20. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

I bought my rex stock last May, so i have had it just over a year. Let's see here are my mods:
    Helix uppipe
    Helix downpipe
    samco IC hoses
    sti scoop and splitter
    matching radiator shroud that serves no purpose
    cobb catback
    kartboy SS
    defi clock gauge pack (boost, egt, and oil pressure)
    HKS BOV
    and cobb accessport running stage 2 93 octane map

for looks:
    gold rota tarmacs 17in wrapped in kuhmo supra's
    eyelids
    wing risers
    zero sports grill
    some yellow plastic
    sti shift knob

um, i think that's it, lol

like i said, i havent run it since it was stock, so im excited

and track opens at 9am races start at noon. I'd like to be there at least by 10am to get a few trial runs in.

21. kickin_81

Great! I hope you get some good 13 second runs in! Some of the guys and I'll be there to cheer you on. :D

By the way, how do you install the "some yellow plastic" modification? ;)

22. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

LOL, yellow plastic, i mean, some yellow suby graphics. Some people dont like stickers, but i think they are pretty. My car isnt covered in them, i just have the s logo on the hood and a mini s on the gas tank.

Opps, I forgot to add that i also found a few other people to join us. My friend with an old rx-7 and then two people with 240sx's with engine swaps, and my friend with an Evo that just got an xede for it. So, there should be a few good races there:)

23. wrxchic

wrxchic New Member

Hey Kristi!

Wow, I just want to say girl to girl, welcome to the club! =) It's nice to have you here and put some of those boys in their place... ;) j/k guys! But anyways, your setup sounds very impressive! I am jealous =) But, hopefully, if you don't mind having another girl with a wrx, I would like to tag along! So anyways, welcome, and good luck at the track!!

24. kickin_81

It's coming in 10 days! If a plan is made to meet somewhere on the way to the Rock that morning, I'll be up for it.

Last time we went to the Rock, the guys met at a gas station in Hudson before they headed out. Maybe this time I won't be so late? [xx(]

25. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

Us Eau Claire people typically meet at the McDonalds on Craig Rd right off of highway 37, its only about 15 minutes to Rock Falls from here. The people i know with the other cars usually meet there at 8:30 in the morning, however, since you guys are coming from further away, what time do you want to meet at in EC? Bracket racing starts at noon, and i want to at least get a few runs in before that. Let me know what time you want to meet. And yes wrxchic, you should definitely join us!!!!

26. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

Bump!

This Sunday everybody! Hey, do you think i should put some race gas in with my 93 octane for the day?

So, what time does everybody want to meet.

Can I say 10am in at the McDonalds on Craig Rd in Eau Claire?

will that work for everyone??

27. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Imprzya

Hey, do you think i should put some race gas in with my 93 octane for the day?

That would be a waste of your money. You need to have a tune in the car for it to make a difference.

I might make it to spectate

Matt

28. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

I have a cobb stage 2 mapped to 93 octane, cobb says you can run the 93 octane map with 93 and up, they actually said it was safer to run it with 94, but so far, ive only found 94 in MI, and i dont plan on driving there anytime soon. so i was wondering if a lil race gas mixed with my 93 would help

29. kickin_81

I think we should meet there sometime between 8:30-9:00am. I have no problem waking up at 6:30 nowadays. The earlier the better. That way we won't be at the very end for "heads up" racing. Personally, I'd like to make it out as early so I can to take advantage of the cooler temperature and see the cars before they begin smoking their tires, but I have always been a little late for that everytime. :I

30. kickin_81

From what an individual I spoke to with an AccessECU, Cobb's reflashes are known to run a little more rich than other reflashes to be more on the safe side. IMO, I think you'll be fine with 93 octane... but you're not making anything worse by adding a gallon of Xylene or Toulene. ;)

By the way, we'll need the address of that McDonald's if you would rather have us to meet there to chit-chat before we head out.

31. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Is rock falls dust till dawn?

Whose all going anyways?

Fong
    Kristi
    Maybe me

32. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

Here are the directions from Minneapolis (yes, i realize you all dont live in downtown minneapolis)

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...e3-400c2532&aid=41468f5a-003af-034e3-400c2532

and here is the address,

i picked this place because its right off the interstate on the way to Rock Falls

Mc Donald's

2702 Craig Rd, Eau Claire, WI

715-835-7951

Ok, so do we have a time yet, im close, it doesnt matter to me how early we meet

33. kickin_81

Ok, please post to make yourself known in this thread if you are from Minnesota and want to meet at the McDonald's that morning to head out to the Rock.

After all names are accumulated, a time that will best work for everyone will be set.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm going! No plans saturday night, so I'm going to get enough sleep to make it out early.

34. Musashi

Mr. F have you decided which car your going to bring to the ROCK? Could you bring back some in car footage of DRAG Shifting/foot works 101 for those of us who lack your skillz! Entertain us plz. :D

Enjoy the event, I'll be at Valley Fair.

C

35. kickin_81

C, I'm taking my Impreza 2.0 RS-X and trying to get quicker than 13.00. And no can do about an in-car footage. I don't have a camara mount, but my brother will be filming it with our digital camara.

36. Musashi

alright, well good luck F man! :D;)

37. bikerboy

checking posting ability

38. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

OK, I found it, apparently I need a 30 in monitor, because this post box was completely hidden. Anyway, I look forward to meeting those who are coming, and i cant wait to see the fast GC8!

39. kickin_81

If you're talking about my GC, it goes no faster than the speed limit on public roads. ;) I didn't say what the speed limit was so... use your imagination. :D

Unfortunately, my car was a little sick this morning. It was pouring during rush hour. My car was hesitating at low throttle and had a 1400 rpm idle. I hope it was just the rain that caused the car to act like that. I hope it doesn't happen again, because I really want to go run at the Rock. :(

40. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Fong, I'll tag along if you'll let me hang with you ;) You are way 2F2F for me to keep up. That's a compliment dogg *woof woof!

41. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

Fong, I'll tag along if you'll let me hang with you ;) You are way 2F2F for me to keep up. That's a compliment dogg *woof woof!
    I'm looking forward to it. :D ...just let me get some bugs out of it before Sunday shows.

42. kickin_81

:( My car is sick. P1507. I think the front O2 sensor is finally on it's last stand, and it's making the car hesitate with a boucing 1100 rpm idle. It could also be that the Idle Air Control Solenoid valve is gunked up with carbon deposits. I just need to get the proper tool to get it off the throttle-body to clean it with some TB cleaner.

I am looking forward to take the car out to the Rock, but I will have to fix my car before I decide on going. Gosh darnit! :(

43. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Poor Fong, It seems like theres always problems with your gc8. Good luck on that, if you need a hand, holla. I don't have much knowledge but who knows.

44. Imprzya

Imprzya Guest

So am i going by myself?

When are we meeting?

it's going to be 80deg, i'll like to get some runs in before it gets hot

45. wrxchic

wrxchic New Member

As far as I know, I am going. But, I might not be in my subaru because my boyfriend might be racing and we will probably be in his car, he's got a 2nd gen rx-7, but since it's only a 2 seater and chances are we might be going with other people, so my subaru might be coming...

But anyways, count me in. Does anyone in MN want to meet somewhere in MN and then meet Impryza in WI? I really don't care, but it would look so cool if we all were rolling down 94 in subarus...haha we can show those hondas how it's done ;) Anyways, just let me know and we can figure something out =)