Rock Falls Run

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by wrxpeed, Mar 2, 2004.

1. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

anyone up for cruisin with me to rock falls for their first importr day run, believe it is april 4th. Then the next day is may 8th.

Bryan

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

You might want to check with Kongzilla and Kickin81... I think those two among others are real big into the "I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time" guys LOL :D

3. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Vic is worried about stock automatic accords beating on his STi. ;-)

4. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Yeah he's already seen the fury of my A/T.

:eek:)

5. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

I'm planning to go get some numbers for my car on April 4, also. Wrxspeed, I may have to meet you there, because I don't know when my little group is going to gather. I'm sure there'll be a few other Subaru guys showing up also... and a Honda minivan. :eek: I don't know for sure if I live a 1/4 mile at a time though... at least not yet! I need to start practicing my launching technique!

6. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

i sold my subbie. hopefully i will have a new car by then. but if not, i plan to run down the 1/4 to see how fast i am.

7. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

my tricycle runs 9 flat....no NAWS!!!!! muahaha..anyway sounds fun but too far for me.....but i would like to go sometimes later...how long do they usually last?

8. kickin_81

The 'Time Trials' (race anyone you want) start at 8:00 a.m. and 'Eliminations' (race those that run in your speed bracket) begin at 12:30 p.m.

I'm sorta excited to see Kong race his van. Kong, you should get some numbers. I'll take a picture of your van and post it here for those who don't live their lives a 1/4 mile at a time.

9. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

yeah I'll be there, I have a 3000gt vr-4 rollin with me, possibly a RSX-s as well. I may go on a non-import day as well and run with the sportsman, my friend has an 11 second 1969 camaro, I'll probably cruise there with him later as well.

10. kickin_81

It sounds like there'll be more than Kong and I at this event. Wrxpeed, I'll see you there in your car. What car is it again? Maybe I'll meet up with you and your buddies on the trip there? Actually, it's more like a "you'll meet me." My maximum speed on the highway is 65 mph. :I

Fue and Lue, you both should go this time around. You guys missed last year's events. I got used to (and actually like) the smell of burning rubber and clutch now.

11. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

I drive an '02 WRX, but yeah we're gonnan go.

12. kongzilla

do you think if i run bare foot. i can shave a few tenth of second off.

13. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kongzilla

do you think if i run bare foot. i can shave a few tenth of second off.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Fred Flintstone does that on his daily driver and he has had no problems besides a second of foot-spin. (???)

14. kongzilla

do you think my 60 foot will be good.

15. kickin_81

Kong, you just better bring your ass to Rock Falls on April 4. }:)

16. yosmiley

Is this event for Autos only? I have a friend who just picked up a motorcycle and wanted to see how fast he is down the 1/4 mile.

17. kickin_81

Vic, you should have your cousin contact Rock Falls via email about the bike. I've seen them run at the track on Sport Compact days back in 2002. Make sure he knows how to launch his bike or he'll end up stuck between the sky and a hard place.

18. yosmiley

Don't worry about him... if he's gonna get him self kill, that's alright by me.

He's been riding bikes for awhile now... He's been visiting 10's all day long with his previous bike. Which shouldn't be hard to do if you can control that bike off the line.

In my case, I'll be all over the track LOL.

19. k_thaosta

k_thaosta Well-Known Member

A couple of my buddies and I are going planning to go there to do 1/4 mile track times... maybe we can all just meet up and go together... better to be a group of cars than just a few people jammed in a car to go there...

20. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

fong,

hmm....2hrs just to go dragging....gimme ride and test drive on your RS-T? and you have a deal :D. j/k i'll see if i can make it. if not it's ok.

21. kickin_81

Time's running short. I'd better stop bogging my engine around town or else I'll be running in the bracket Kong's Honda van is running in. Lue, I'll probably have room in my car, but have backup if I don't. I think you'll enjoy it for the first 30 minutes of tire-shredding action, but after that, it gets boring... well, until you see me run. Yaiiiiiii!!! Kong Thao, I hope to see you run some good times on your WRX also.

22. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

I've seen them run before, so I guess they could run em. On another note, I need a front bumper, I put my car into the ditch at an excessively high speed so my front bumper and under cover are all f-ed up, I'm gonna get CWEST v-2, but don't know if i want the real deal for $700, or a replica over at propulshun for $190, yoom says it fits legit and all, any comments.

23. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Just remember, fiberglass chips. I have a replica oem front lip, and it has a bunch of rock chips all over it, and the gelcoat is white. Every chips sticks out, but I saved myself a good chunk of change (alost $300 after painting).

Russ

24. kickin_81

Yeah, fiberglass sucks, because it cracks. Make sure your clips and bolt holes are still good or else your front bumper won't hold well and look beat up.

25. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

fong,

my brother is planning to run his 6 along with my cousin and some of his friends...maybe we can meet up before go? if he still up for it when the time comes..we can do that.

26. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

only 13 days away, I need to get my bumper painted and what not. Never did get the Utec or rest of my exhasut, ohh well, will have a all summer for those, what do we have for numbers, head count. I have about 4 or 5 cars with me.
    :D
    My '02 WRX
    3000gt Vr-4
    2001 golf 1.8t or 1984 Rabbit
    1996 Jetta
    maybe '03 RSX Type-S

27. kickin_81

I'll be ready. :D

28. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wrxpeed

only 13 days away, I need to get my bumper painted and what not. Never did get the Utec or rest of my exhasut, ohh well, will have a all summer for those, what do we have for numbers, head count. I have about 4 or 5 cars with me.
    :D
    My '02 WRX
    3000gt Vr-4
    2001 golf 1.8t or 1984 Rabbit
    1996 Jetta
    maybe '03 RSX Type-S

Now it looks as if a may not be painted by then, all my payments on everything else is due on the 1st:(. Oh well, at least my rice can beat most other rice, if not all of the rice that show up for import days.

29. kickin_81

Bryan, I can bet you that you'll get at least 10 cars wanting to run you... on the way there. :p

30. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

i would love to go....

31. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Bryan, I can bet you that you'll get at least 10 cars wanting to run you... on the way there. :p

that's what I hate, everyone thinks i'm some ricer, but had to install it pronto cuz of my damaged front stock bumper. But it won't be painted fo sho by next sunday, I have only $9 to my name today, but luckily i'll have about $1200 by Friday. Payday and Fed tax return.:D

So most people will be leaving at like 6 am then, that's when I leave, about a 2 hour drive for me here Andover.

So who's all goin, better be more than me there representing Fuji power.
    Now I also have DSM possibly running there, if his clutch is not fried.

Bryan

32. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

i think so....hmmm..now i might go..if clutch last me.....or else i buy new one....

33. kickin_81

Well, just got my car polished and I'll put up the front license plate on to avoid "doughnuts and milk."

34. Mr Raced

Mr Raced New Member

Hey WRX speed, did you run an srt and an evo a few weeks ago by any chance ???:???:

35. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

dounuts and milks..we will be seeing them when we come back...lol..

36. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mr Raced

Hey WRX speed, did you run an srt and an evo a few weeks ago by any chance ???:???:
    No evo or SRT-4, ran a new BMW 3 series with rims and a nice tint job with two guys in it today. Thought they were all that and a bag a chips, well, they ate my ass hardily with a spoon, then I noticed the Speed limit was only 40 mph on Zane and Brooklyn blvd, where a cop was sitting, no ticket though (whoo). They still thought they were something special after I handed it to them, and it wasn't even from a stop, where I thought I had the only advantage. Well I get to keep it legal in about 5 days. Just found out the VR-4 isn't running, he has to work a job he got hired for a week ago, so he can't skip already. But i'll be there fo sho, hope to see yall, I'll most likely park as close as possible to the concession stand in the middle isle, just look for me, can't miss my cool yellow bumper.

Bryan

37. juno

juno Guest

So will anyone be meeting up to head out to rockfalls?

Also what time do they usally start?

I am sure it will be like one big drive on the way out there, since it is opening weekend.

38. kickin_81

Yeah, opening weekend for Rock Falls is about it's most busiest. You'll be lucky to get three heads up runs before they begin Eliminations. Here's a link to your questions: http://www.rockfallsraceway.com/imports.shtml

I am probably going at 7am so I can get there at 8:30 or something. There'll be a long line outside, so getting there early will be to your benefit. If you guys would like to meet up at a certain time at a gas station, I'd be happy to join for the cruise. For now, it's going to be my Impreza and a white '93 Prelude si.

39. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

everyone want to meet at the Hudson McDonalds on sunday morning. I usually stop there for some good ole fashion cookin before racing. It's right on the other side of the river in Cheesehead land.

Say like 7:00am

40. kickin_81

Give us it's address so we can map it out. :)

41. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Give us it's address so we can map it out. :)
    alright i will tonight, but it is hard to miss, jsut when you get in WI its on the right hand side of the highway, realy can't miss it, but I will post an address a little later.

42. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Do you guys care if a couple of Audis meet up and drive over from the Cheese McDs?

43. k_thaosta

k_thaosta Well-Known Member

Course of action:

Friday - Fishing

Saturday - Turbo Timer install

Sunday - Rock Falls?

44. kickin_81

Jordan, ricey or not, I'm sure you can.

I hope I can make the scheduled time. If it was only me, I'd make it, but I have to wake up my two brothers too. }:)

45. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

here we go McDonald's at 2411 CREST VIEW DR, HUDSON, WI 54016-9498

Search Results
    To: 2411 Crest View Dr, Hudson, WI, 54016
    Print this route Save this route E-mail this route

Hide label

Directions Distance Time
    Start: Depart Start on University Ave W (West) < 0.1 < 1min
    1: Turn LEFT (South) onto Marion St 0.3 0:01
    2: Road name changes to Kellogg Blvd W [Marion St] 0.1 0:01
    3: Turn LEFT (East) onto Concordia Ave < 0.1 0:01
    4: Take Ramp onto I-94 [US-12] (I-94) 0.6 0:01
    5: Merge onto I-35E [I-94] 0.3 < 1min
    6: Keep RIGHT onto I-94 [US-12] (I-94) 18.3 0:17
    Entering Wisconsin
    7: At exit 2, turn RIGHT onto Ramp (Carmichael Rd / CR-F) 0.4 0:01
    8: Turn RIGHT (South) onto Carmichael Rd, then immediately turn RIGHT (West) onto Crest View Dr 0.1 0:01
    End: Arrive End < 0.1 < 1min
    Total Route 20.0 mi 21 mins

http://www.vicinity.com/gif?&CT=44....92.734652:mcdoarch:&W=400&H=250&FAM=mcdonalds
    click here, but like I said, can't miss it in hudson, the first city you hit off of 94 in WI, on the right side of the highway, but I propose to meet there at about 7 am, so about 45 minute drive from n. metro area.
    So about 20 minutes from University AVe in St.paul
    The stock bumper is going back on tonight, so the CWEST is gonna sit this one out.

SO lets see some cars there sunday,not just me and the few dorks that follow me.