Rockfalls or Mazda Rev It Up this weekend

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by masube81, May 5, 2004.

1. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

Any one going to Rockfalls or Mazda rev it up this weekend?

2. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

I'm thinking rev it up would be more fun. :-D (unfortunately I can't make either event) :-(

3. TjDunklee

TjDunklee Well-Known Member

I will be at Rock Falls on Saturday. We are gonna race my friends white MR2. Hopefully it won't break.

4. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

I didn't sign up for Mazda's Rev it up and I don't plan on going to the Rock this sat. I have to help my bro wax/polish his GC6.:cool: Who ever goes, take lots of pictures and put them up!

5. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

NO SukFalls, just Mazda Rev It on Sunday!

6. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

whats in the Mr2? I think I saw that on the highway over in mpls. Mnbodyman, he got any mods?

7. TjDunklee

TjDunklee Well-Known Member

Just bolt ons like intercooler, c26 turbo, and a bunch of normal stuff. It's pretty quick. We'll see what it'll clock down.

8. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

$10.00 to watch at Rockfalls and getting sick after or $40.00 to tests drive the exhilarating 2004 Mazdas3, RX-8, MazdaSpeed MX-5 Miata and Mazda6?

9. Musashi

$35 to make 3 15sec runs or $40 to drive someone else's car to the ground, and a chance to Win a all expense paid trip to Laguna Seca, with Professional training and a chance to Win a free car. That may end up on Ebay if I Win. :D

10. Gspot

Gspot New Member

I bet Salah Khulo wins this this year unless some out of state sore loser comes here again.

11. Musashi

Kyle,

Funny you should ask. :D This is your lucky year, his wife is having a baby on May 7, and he won't be there. His tip is to go test drive a Mazda 3 before you go race this weekend.

Good luck!

Chong

12. k_thaosta

k_thaosta Well-Known Member

:D i'm up for the flea markets... the aldrich makes it's 3 annual return this saturday, and the new feature at como and penny... i'm all about the chicken thigh with sweet rice :D

13. rmrf

rmrf Well-Known Member

I'll be going to the Rev it Up event on Sat. Looks like it will be a good time, most likely a hell of a lot better than the **** C-spot drive party. That one sucked ace.

14. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

was gonna go to RFRW, but its gonna rain. Gonna sit at home all alone, my girl just broke up with me tonight:(

15. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wrxpeed

was gonna go to RFRW, but its gonna rain. Gonna sit at home all alone, my girl just broke up with me tonight:(
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Dagnabit... another break up story. You should get with John16v on the board and share your happy moments. Serious bro, don't do what John was thinking when he went through his break up. Be strong my brother, even when you felt the worlds coming to an end. What ever you do, the world isn't going to end.

You should come and hang out with us. See ya and be safe.

16. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

What the?! Don't worry, what happened? Who's fault was it for the breakup? John needs to come in and show you the loner's ropes. :p

17. jk78

jk78 New Member

I hit rev it up today (did it last year too). Best score was 408, I'm pretty happy with it. My wife's best score was 178 :) Anybody else wanna post scores?

18. Musashi

Your score looks pretty good. I'll post mine after I get back tomorrow.

19. rmrf

rmrf Well-Known Member

my best was 472. it was a pretty cool event, way better than the ghey c-spot event (even though I did have to pay for this one).

20. Musashi

89 YANG, CHONG 456.320 Pro 25-39 MINNEAPOLIS, MN

I could not adapt to this car, I was testing the Mazda 3's in the test drive area, and I noticed that if you select manuel, sometimes it wouldn't shift into the gear you wanted.

I had more fun test driving the cars than driving the competition course. I had the most fun pushing the MX-5 Turbo Miata on its side thru the course, nice suspension for stocker. I dont know what happened this year but I didn't feel the excitement like last year.

C

21. jk78

jk78 New Member

nice scores! and i agree with mushashi, that miata is fun to run.

22. Gspot

Gspot New Member

Only got 3 skill runs done, those lines are awful. Took half an hour to drive the miata too. I want one.

23. imported_n/a

imported_n/a Guest

And I actually managed to spin the Mazda 6 on the skill coarse! A good time despite the lines... Would have loved to take my WRX out on the coarse.

24. Gspot

Gspot New Member

I spun a 6 last year, they have a lot of weight transfer. You can race your WRX, the next autocross is June 6th at St. Cloud :)

25. Musashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mjwrx

Would have loved to take my WRX out on the coarse.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You can compete with the Vettes this weekend at St Cloud, both days. }:)

And then the next weekend the Vettes go to Brainerd. Take your pick and dont forget to come back and tell us a tale. ;)

http://www2.mnautox.com/cal/event_calendar.php

26. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

June 6th already? Wow, that came fast. I wanna run this year, both cars. Though my Leggy needs some stiffer suspension for sure, the SVX would be fun. All I need is a tied down battery and a helmet right?