roof shop

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by xplozion, Oct 5, 2017.

1. xplozion

xplozion Member

Anyone here have experience or know of any shop that does work on subaru roof repair/replacement?

2. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

Really any body shop could do it, quality and cost of work will vary but it's a time-consuming job.

3. xplozion

xplozion Member

I've talked to several shops. They told me its time consuming and not worth it. They looked at my 2.5rs and said it would be difficult since front and back windshield has a very high chance of cracking and having to replace it. Some said replacing a roof would ruin the stiffness of the car. That's why I wanted to know if anyone has experience

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Wow, amazing to me that several shops would turn down work. From my understanding, you need to pull the front and rear glass, remove trim mouldings, drill out spot welds, remove roof skin and replace, paint. It is somewhat time consuming and also spendy as the windshield and rear glass would tack another $400-800 dollars on the bill if either of them break(which the back typically does).

Either way, surprised that they don't want the work. Must be rich folk like my "no overtime workin" coworkers! lol

5. GotGrip?

GotGrip? Member

I am an estimator at a bodyshop in brooklyn park though we have other locations across the twin cities, if you're looking for a roof fix/replace PM me I can help you out with an estimate.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  6. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

Does it rhyme with Cadabra?

7. GotGrip?

GotGrip? Member

Nope, sorry for the delayed response, been crazy busy. Not sure how people are here about throwing around names of companies, but if you're interested PM me and I will send you my info.