Rotor buy

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by WRX1, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

OK, I am starting a new thread to finish off the rotor group buy. I already posted the prices in the other thread, and I can repost them in this thread if someone wants. I just need to know who wants to get what. I was thinking of placing the order the last week of march (29th-31st), and we should have everything within 2 weeks or so. As for payment, anyone that needs to pay with a credit card can pay them direct. Lets just get a list going so I can give MArk a heads up. For those going karting, he is bringing a slotted and plated rotors to look at. Mark can also pretty much get any pads we want, so if we just need to tell him what pads and he will shoot us some prices. I know he can get the carbontech (panther, bobcat) pads along with axxis and such.

Russ

2. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Sorry, I haven't been paying enough attention to this thread.

1.Can you get me some decent rotors for cheaper than let's say Checker?

3. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

I don't really need brake pads, but if he can squeeze me a good deal on some Axxis Ultimates, I could get a set from him. Front Subaru 4-pots/rear OEM RS brakes. :)

4. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

The rotors are not going to be cheaper than checker, but than if you are not running hard track pads and going to the track, these will probably be the last set of rototors you ever buy. I will see what he gets for pads, but I would liek to keep it a little more on the rotor side. If we can get multiple of pads, than it migh not be to bad, but I don't want mark to try and source 3-4 different pads and such.

Russ

5. Substeroo

Thanks Russ.

Sorry again but, how much for some plain ole rotos that are just Cryod?

Mine are warped right now and if I'm getting new ones I might as well go with theses puppies.

6. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I will repost Mark's e-mail later tonight. here is my list so far.

Dave set of fronts and a set of h6 rears
    Joel set of fronts and a set of h6 rears
    John set of fronts
    Myself set of fronts and a set of h6 rears

Anyone else?? Placing the order the last week of march (29th to 31st), and we should have them within 2 weeks after. The plating is was is taking the time. I can also get quotes for other cars. I am also getting a set of z-28 rotors for a friend.

Russ

7. Substeroo

NEED: Quote on 2 plain front rotors cryod.

You know my car right?

TNX! :)

8. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, here is the price list again. Noah, not sure what rotor you take for your car. If you are running the same rotor as the wrx, then you can just take the price of the plating and the price of slotting off of the rotor price.

Hi Russ,

Here are the prices.

WRX:

Front Frozen, Slotted, and Platted $150.50 ea. (list)
    $123.50 ea. (group)

Rear Frozen, Slotted, and Platted $127.55 ea. (list)
    $104.80 ea. (group)

Front Hawk HPS pads $85.66 (list) $71.39
    (group)

Rear Hawk HPS pads $75.60 (list) $63.20
    (group)

WRX STI:

Front Frozen, Slotted, and Platted $280.50 ea. (list)
    $224.50 ea. (group)

Rear Frozen, Slotted, and Platted $270.50 ea. (list)
    $216.50 ea. (group)

Front Ferodo 2500 pads $196.36 (list) $173.00
    (group)

Rear Ferodo 2500 pads $81.41 (list) $72.90
    (group)

Legacy H-6:

Rear Frozen, Slotted, and Platted $176.30 ea. (list)
    $139.50 ea. (group)

Individual Services:

Cryo-treating $56.00 per rotor (list)
    $46.00 per rotor (group)

Gas Slotting $45.00 per rotor (list)
    $35.00 per rotor (group)

Platting $35.00 per rotor (list)
    $25.00 per rotor (group)

Russ, if you have any questions feel free to call!

Best Regards,

Mark Link

9. Substeroo

Just stock Legacy rotors.

10. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I have Mark getting some prices on just cryo'd rotors for those that don't want the slotting and plating. I don't think that there is going to be a big price difference, but I will post when I find out.

Russ

11. k_thaosta

k_thaosta Well-Known Member

Hey russ, put me in for 2 fronts... let me know when i have to pay and where to pay...

12. kickin_81

I wish my front rotors warp so I can get an excuse to buy a set of cryoed slotted rotors. :?:

13. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

At the prieces we are getting the rotors for, you should just pick a set up. We are getting our group buy pricing at lower than reseller cost. Kong, I have ya down for 2 fronts.

Russ

14. igofast

igofast New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

I wish my front rotors warp so I can get an excuse to buy a set of cryoed slotted rotors. :?:
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You may be surprised. Try slowing down from 100 once. Many have reported(me included) that the stock pads/rotors are prone to pad deposits/warpage.

15. kickin_81

Argh! I don't plan on doing any high speed braking ever, but the insurance of cryoed and slotted rotors is very appealing.

Russ, when is this group buy going to end?

16. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, last couple of tidbits. For those that only want cryo'd wrx rotors, it is going to be about $90 each for the fronts. I can check on the rears if someone wants them. I myself for the extra $30 per rotor, would definitly go with the slotted and plated. Basically you are getting the plating for free (90 for cryo'd + 35 for slotting).

Noah, $79 for the 14" wheel, and $89 for the 15" wheel. I think you have the 15" wheels, but not to sure. Just let me know which ones you need. Those are just cryo'd rotors.

Brake pads, Mark can get the carbotech's, but they do not have a dealer supply anymore. That means that everyone pays the same price for them, so about $100 for the fronts and $100 for the rears.

Fong, the last week of March (the 29th to the 31st). I am going to place the order that week, and figure about 2 weeks or so after that for delivery. For those who do not get the plating, your rotors may be done a bit earlier. Vic (or anyone else with the sti), let me know asap for your rotors. Mark said it is about a 2 week lead time just to get the rotors to him before he can work his magic on them.

If there is anything else, let me know and I will get ya the info. I will post up a updated list later. Please keep me updated on what you want. If we end up with alot of people I would like to let Mark know a bit early so he can get enough rotors instock.

Russ

17. Substeroo

Russ don't you know I'm sittin' on dubs?! :eek:)

Okay 2 14" wheel ones at 79 bucks a piece please. :D

Thanks

18. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

One set of WRX fronts for me with the works please.

19. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok here is my list so far.

Me - 2 fronts and 2 h6 rears
    Dave 2 fronts and 2 h6 rears
    Joel 2 fronts and 2 h6 rears (cryo'd only)
    John 2 fronts
    Kong 2 fronts
    Garrett 2 front
    Noah 2 fronts (cryo'd only)

Correct? If I missed someone post up. I think I will place the order in 2 weeks (the 29th to the 31st), and expect to get them about 2 weeks after because of the plating. We can either have a little mini meet at Frozen rotors so everyone can pick them up there (pay Mark directly) or we can do something else. Also, if you want pads, let me know what you want (only for the peole getting rotors, sorry) and I will make sure he gets them.

Russ

20. kickin_81

I would like a few questions answered before I make my decision:

What manufacturer makes these rotors?
    Are they OEM rotors just slotted and cryoed?
    Are they made out of 7075-T6 billet aluminum?
    Is there a warranty if we get a bad rotor?
    Will the inside of the rotors be smooth to allow better cooling?

21. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Most of the rotor blanks are the brembo blanks, but than again, there is only a couple of companys that actually make the blanks.

They could be, I can check to see who he is gettting the blanks from.

Nope, they are all steel. You don't want aluminum rotors, they will heat up and warp right away.

You won't get a bad rotor, but I will check to see what kind of warrany we get on them. I am assuming it is going to be the same kinda of thing as you would get at checker and such.

If you are concerned about getting more airflow through the inside of the rotor, make some cooling ducts and get rid of the big shield on the inside of the rotors (rock shield).

I will post up what I find out sometime monday.

Russ

22. RallyNavvie

Maybe for the mini-meet we could get a tour of the facility? I for one would find that pretty interesting. I remember then giving that lecture at one of the Subaru meets at Bloomington Subaru but I'd like to see their facility in action. Dunno if they'd go for that or not but it'd be worth finding out.

As for the rotors and the work done to them I wouldn't worry about getting a bad rotor. A lot of the rally guys freeze their rotors and they'll last the whole season in most cases which is pretty **** impressive for any part on a rally car. Unless you're planning on taking your car to every track event in the Twin Cities and some rallycrosses then I wouldn't worry about your brakes with these on 'em.

23. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I am sure Mark will give us a tour. He has walked me around in there. Not much to actully see, just some big freezers and a couple of ovens.

Russ

24. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Fong, what I posted before is pretty much right on. We are all getting brembo blanks (even powerslot rotors are brembo blanks). If you get a bad rotor, Mark will swap it out for ya. For Garrett and everyone else, Mark will gladly give us a tour of the facility when we pick everything up. I figure we can meet up on a Sat morning to pay and pick everything up when it is done. The shop is located in burnsville right off co rd 42 (crystal lake road I think) right by burnsville mall. Any other questions let me know. Again, I will place the order the week of march 29th to the 31st (probably closer to the 31st).

Russ

25. k_thaosta

k_thaosta Well-Known Member

sounds good to me, let me know when it's all said and done

26. kickin_81

Russ, I'll let you know the last minute if I'm in or not. I'm leaning towards the "in" side than not though.

27. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok. I would like to know before the week I order. I want to give Mark a call to give him a head up on how many rotors we need just to keep the process moving.

Russ

28. Substeroo

Russ, put me down for some brake pads too.
    Just front ones.

And, do you have any fancy brake fluid?

Also, does any one have SS brake lines for sale?

I'm going to do everything at once. ;)

29. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

What kind of pads?? I think I am going ot have mark get me a set of the carbotech bobcats, but for your legacy, i'm not to sure what they have. Do some research on pads for you car and let me know what you want. Mark can get some super blue brake fluid, I think it was aobut 12-13 a bottle. I already posted in you other thread where to get some lines.

Russ

30. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Are we gonna be able to pay with a credit card, or will he need cash? If he can do a credit card, then my ideal order will be WRX fronts and H6 rears (all cryoed only, not slotted/plated) and some Bobcat pads.

31. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

He can do credit cards. Thats how I am paying for my stuff.
    I think we will try to have everyone meet up at his place to pick everything up.

Russ

32. Substeroo

Thanks Russ. :cool:

Put me down for a bottle of the brake fluid please.

For the Porterfield R4-S pads the number is AP470 for the fronts.
    They're selling them for $79.00

Can you get them?

33. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Russ,

Doh, thanks for clearing my mind... I wasn't thinking... got what I'm looking for:

WRX STI:

Front Frozen, Slotted, and Platted $280.50 ea. (list)
    $224.50 ea. (group)

Rear Frozen, Slotted, and Platted $270.50 ea. (list)
    $216.50 ea. (group)

Front Ferodo 2500 pads $196.36 (list) $173.00
    (group)

Rear Ferodo 2500 pads $81.41 (list) $72.90
    (group)

Decision, decision...

34. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Vic, what are you rambling about?? Just read this thread from the start, I reposted the prices on the rotors, and the sti rotors are listed ($250 each I think with everything). There are also pads listed, and we can get some others. I guess you will have to do the research on what pads you want to run.

Russ

35. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Bump back to the top. If you are interested, let me know. I am going to Give Mark a call Friday to give him my latest list of what everyone wants. I need to make a couple of other calls, but I will post up my list tomorrow to verify that is what everyone wants. This doesn't have to be subaru's only, I have a couple of extra cars involved.

Russ

36. ideate

ideate New Member

I'm going to send 2 brembo blanks for my eclipse to Frozen Rotors. Mind if I participate? When would these have to go in?

37. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

so you already have the 2 rotors?? You would probably have to give Mark a call to see how he would handle it.

Here is my list so far

Joel 2 fronts, 2 h6 rears, cryo'd only, bobcats all around
    Dave 2 fronts, 2 h6 rears, bobcats all around
    Russ 2 fronts, 2 h6 rears, bobcats all around
    John 2 fronts
    Kong 2 fronts
    Garrett 2 fronts
    Noah 2 fronts, cryo'd only, porterfield front pads

I think that is it. Vic you in?? Anyone else? I can going to give Mark this list Friday and complete the final order next Wed (the 31st). Hopefully everything will be in so we can have a little mini meet at Frozen rotors on April 17th to pick everything up. I will confirm dates and times with Mark Friday when I talk to him. Noah, I will let ya know about the pads and pricing.

Russ

38. kickin_81

Russ, I want in, also. I was told from the previous owner that I have WRX rotors on my 4-pots. I tried measuring it, but I didn't want to take off the caliper just to measure it. Can I get a refund if I can't get the rotor to fit in my brakes? Again, count me in. I'll pay by check. :)

ps- I want a pair of WRX front rotors cryoed and slotted. Thanks!

39. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Russ,

I'm out this round... I'll let you know on the next round for sure.

40. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

You already have the wrx conversion on your car. The 4-pot caliper uses wrx rotors. If you have a wrx, you can just bolt on the 4-pot caliper and not have to change anything. Have ya down for 2 fronts Fong. I think we will just have everyone pay at the meet (when we pick everything up).

Russ

41. Substeroo

:cool:

Thanks,

Noah

42. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, I called in my list. Every thing is the same as above except I added Fong for 2 front wrx rotors. Noah, unfortunatly, Mark can't get any deals on the porterfield pads, so pads are up to you. Here is what needs to happen. Mark said it will take a couple of weeks to get everything in and finished. I figure that April 17th (Sat after easter) we can head down to pick everything up. What I need from everyone is to e-mail me your name, address, and phone number so I can forward them on to Mark. That way he will have everyone's receipts ready to go when we pick evrything up. If that Sat doesn't work out, let me know. We will have to make some arrangement to get things picked up. Mark will give us a walk through of the facility if we want. Just make sure you e-mail me your info asap.

[email protected]

Russ

43. Substeroo

I'm going to call SubyDude hopefully he can hook me up.

Thanks for asking,

Noah

44. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Lets get some of those address in to me. I have John and Noah so far, where is everyone else?? I need to get them into Mark asap.

Russ

45. RallyNavvie

Sorry, haven't checked the board in a while. Mine is in the mail...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.