RS Motors Dyno Day April 9th

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Dream, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

So there is a thread over at MNSC stating that Ron is having a dyno day this coming Saturday. 2 runs for $60. This is a good opportunity for those who plan on attending the dyno day in June to get a idea what your putting down now compared to what your putting down then. Here is the link, ill be there.

http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14470

2. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

anyone going?

question..does he do the dyno? like does he drive it on the thingy and goes into the driver side or do we do it?

3. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

I am going to try to go... Need to dyno the STi before the exhaust.

4. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by j0hnniz

anyone going?

question..does he do the dyno? like does he drive it on the thingy and goes into the driver side or do we do it?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Good question. I think Ron or whomever is running the dyno will drive your car up there then you drive while its on the dyno. I could be wrong.

5. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

oh man, being on the spot.. [xx(]

6. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by j0hnniz

oh man, being on the spot.. [xx(]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    :???:

7. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

I will go, but could someone give me directions? And I'll be taking my DSM not my WRX.

8. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

I will come with yia's wagon!!!

9. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BlackDubRX

I will go, but could someone give me directions? And I'll be taking my DSM not my WRX.

Where are you located?

10. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Sure! I'll join. I'll call Ron later. :)

11. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

FWD POWER! I need some FWD whp numbers.... hahaha

12. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

i would totally go, but again, my car probably won't be ready. I beleive they let you drive it, they let my buddy drive his VR-4 when we dynoed that thang. It is located off of university ave, about 3 blocks east of snelling. across from the perkins in the same building as the checker. BTW, their dyno is a mustang Dyno, so it will dyno lower than other dyno manufacturers out there.

13. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wrxpeed

i would totally go, but again, my car probably won't be ready. I beleive they let you drive it, they let my buddy drive his VR-4 when we dynoed that thang. It is located off of university ave, about 3 blocks east of snelling. across from the perkins in the same building as the checker. BTW, their dyno is a mustang Dyno, so it will dyno lower than other dyno manufacturers out there.

Nope, they are in Burnsville. I have heard that they are south of 13, west of 35W, but I cannot find the place. I drive that way everyday and have yet to find it. I tried Mapquest a few weeks ago, but it couldn't find the address (and now I don't have the address anymore).

14. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

Ahhh, figured it out. It is further down 13 than I thought. By Menards and McDonalds. Just east of ProKart.

15. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wrxpeed

Bryan, they moved to Burnsville. Their new address is:
    2611 Hwy. 13
    Burnsville, MN 55337

Ron said that he's not making this Saturday a dyno day, but if you want to run your car, he will still charge you $60 for two runs on the dyno. I'm gonna do it, because I want to know how little HP I am making.

16. kickin_81

17. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

Yep, that map is correct.

18. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Bryan, they moved to Burnsville. Their new address is:
    2611 Hwy. 13
    Burnsville, MN 55337

Ron said that he's not making this Saturday a dyno day, but if you want to run your car, he will still charge you $60 for two runs on the dyno. I'm gonna do it, because I want to know how little HP I am making.

He has posted on a couple forums that its a dyno day...did he change his mind or something? What time do you plan on going???

19. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dream

He has posted on a couple forums that its a dyno day...did he change his mind or something? What time do you plan on going???
    I guess he changed his mind then. I just called him this morning and he told me it's not gonna be a dyno day anymore.

What time do I plan on going? When you guys are! I don't know.

20. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dream

I guess he changed his mind then. I just called him this morning and he told me it's not gonna be a dyno day anymore.

Does anyone know what the normal rate is? I was going to stop by today and talk to him about geting in on Saturday, but maybe not... I wonder why he changed his mind? Maybe because he doesn't have enough people? If that is the case, he needs to get on more boards, not just MNSportCompact...

21. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Well thats gay, he should update his threads then. I say we go around noonish??

22. kickin_81

Noon is good. :)

23. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

Earlier or later works better. I have to go up to Ham Lake to pickup and mount my new R-compounds and I could do that before or after, but noon is right in the middle...

24. kickin_81

How about 10:00 AM? We'll see a bit better HP for a lower temp run. :)

25. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

10am should work for me. Do we need to set up an appointment?

26. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

my bad, didn't know they moved. i work at 3 on satyurday, so if by some force of god, my brakes get here and i put in the UTEC and by saturday, then i'm game.

27. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

I'll be there around 10.. I pray I find the place since I don't know my way around b-ville too well.

BTW I put in "2611 Hwy. 13" on yahoo and it found the place. Which map should I use to get there??

28. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BlackDubRX

I'll be there around 10.. I pray I find the place since I don't know my way around b-ville too well.

BTW I put in "2611 Hwy. 13" on yahoo and it found the place. Which map should I use to get there??

The problem I had, originally, is that I entered "Hiway" and "Highway" and it only recognizes Hwy! Anyway, the map above is correct, how is yours different? Coming south on 35W, head west(south according to the sign I believe) on Hwy 13. Go to the second stoplight, McDonalds near the corner and turn left. Immediate left onto the frontage road, past McDs and it should be on your right....

29. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chin

10am should work for me. Do we need to set up an appointment?
    Nope, but you should call Ron and tell him you want to run the dyno that day.

Remember, 10AM-4PM only.

30. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

hmm should i dyno my automatic? probably wouldnt work to well. although i do want to know what i have for HP. (then add subie stickers for 2nd dyno run)

i wont be there