RS-T In Car

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by snbrd4evr, Jan 13, 2006.

1. snbrd4evr

snbrd4evr Well-Known Member

I got bored again and decided to play with the webcam. It was too dark to do out of car stuff so I figured I'd play with the in car stuff. Tell me what you guys think, I know I can do a lot better, but I just whipped this up in about 5 minutes :D

http://media.putfile.com/RS-T-In-Car

2. powerlabs

powerlabs New Member

OMG your wastegate sounds give me a boner.
    It looks fast... You need to rev higher though :D

3. hercules

hercules New Member

was i suppose to hear the video only?

4. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Your RST is a lot stronger than my old NA Impreza RS. The revs pull way faster. Also, was that a blue-ish CEL that came on at the end of the vid? :)

5. snbrd4evr

I'm not too sure, I didn't notice it when I was driving and the cel should be in the lower center of the tach. And I'd hope it would pull a lot stronger than your old RS ;)

Sam, If I rev any higher my engine will go boom :lol: Actually, I could have shifted around 6500 but I just don't want to take the risk of being stupid and blowing things up.

I guess it worked for other people, maybe it's your browser?

6. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

What kind of power you putting down?

7. snbrd4evr

That's an excellent question :D

I have absolutely no idea. I have done all the tuning myself by logging and changing stuff over and over and over again. The biggest problem has been just getting it really safe without sacrificing power ( :roll: pretty much the whole idea of tuning :lol: ). But I will do some more stuff and when I'm happy with it I'll get it dyno'd. And when I'm happy, I'll put in a 2.35 and do it all over again :lol:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by kickin_81:
    Your RST is a lot stronger than my old NA Impreza RS. The revs pull way faster. Also, was that a blue-ish CEL that came on at the end of the vid?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured it out! It's the light that tells me that my brights are on! :lol:

8. powerlabs

powerlabs New Member

I would guess you are putting down between 230 and 250 crank. Its hard to tell because your car is lighter than a WRX, has better gearing, and makes a ton more low end torque, both on and off boost... So when you raced Tyler a while back running a lot less boost, you smoked him off the line, but it did look like he was catching up towards the end... Hell, as-is you can even smoke me off the line :D The catching up happens fast when the other car is pushing over 300crank though :twisted:

9. snbrd4evr

It wasn't too fast :lol: I was shifting into 3rd when you passed me, so that's around 45-50 mph ;) Shoot, if I turn the boost up I might be quicker to 60 8)

or not :cry:

Smilies!!! :? :evil: 8) :p ;) :cry: :lol: :eek: :? :p :twisted: :x :evil: :p :? :D :oops: :roll: :idea: :mrgreen: :|

10. 95lwrx

95lwrx Well-Known Member

sound like someones gonna need a new clutch soon :lol: , sounds good next summer once i get my 5 speed in we'll have to play around some time :twisted: just remember if you get too boost happy you will go boom :( but then you can build a better motor, so yeah, turn up the boost :twisted: