Running AVCS

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by k_thaosta, Apr 11, 2006.

1. k_thaosta

k_thaosta Well-Known Member

Will the 02 harness work with AVCS, with an AVCS capable ECU, or will I need to run the wires? If not, what will make it work? Thanks

2. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

The 02 harness will require you to run some extra wires. There is a thread on it on Nasioc in the built motor forum. But it didn't seem all that hard. Or I believe the Hydra will control AVCS, but again, you'd probably have to splice wires.

3. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

i read a sportcompact or some other tuner magazine in which they put a STi swap into a WRX Wagon. they were able to use the exising wiring to control AVCS. i don thave the article handy, but i know they used existing valve wiring stuff, and it worked perfectly for AVCS. i think they used the wrx ecu too.

4. k_thaosta

5. k_thaosta

6. SubieMonster25

SubieMonster25 New Member

I was hunting around for the diagrams too but found if you buy the AVCS wiring from iWire you don't even need the diagrams! Wasn't too expensive and superb quality.

Chux likes this.
  7. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

Holy 11 year old thread LOL

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  8. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Yea, @SubieMonster25

Considerable forum points for searching, and it is a related follow-up. But generally bumping up such an ancient thread can be confusing.

Hop over to the welcome section and introduce yourself. Maybe start a build thread here about your car, and tell us about that mod. I've heard murmurs of people adding AVCS to a USDM EJ205 car, but never really direct feedback.