Saturdays' swap meet / car show recap..

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by jprice, May 3, 2004.

1. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

First off, thanks to the following!
    -D&M Performance for hosting and organizing help... Jeff, Evan, and crew did a great job!
    -Carousel Automobiles for donating Audi items for raffle.
    -West Side VW for donating VW stuff to raffle (at the last minute too!)
    -Leonard for handling the grills, even though at one point he was completely engulfed by a fireball (did anyone get pics of the singed hair?)
    -Alex for making a trip to West Side to pick up raffle items since I ran out of time.
    -Vic for helping with planning
    -Big thanks to all that came, and especially to those that gave surprise cash donations! (The club came away with an extra $70 from donations and selling the food)

We had about twice as many people show as I was expecting... partly due to the weather holding out for us! (nice and sunny instead of cold and rainy) There was a good showing of Audis, VWs, and Subies.. there were only two volvos that made it unfortunately.. but MNVolvo is a brand new club so look for more volvos next year! We had a modded Vette show up, plus ktan's supercharged NSX draw a lot of attention. The two AMGs also drew a croud with the sparkling chrome.

The Winners Congrats to all! (keep scrolling)
    Best Audi: Jim Grant
    [​IMG]

Best VW: S&L
    [​IMG]

Best Volvo: Juhan
    [​IMG]

Best Subaru: Vic
    [​IMG]

Best of show: Jim Grant

The car show winners each received 10 extra raffle tickets, which ended up working well for them.. they all won extra stuff!

See more pictures from the event here: http://www.mnaudi.com/events/detail.asp?event_id=9

Yes, this will happen again next year!!

-Jordan

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

That was a great event. Maybe all the club members can go out fishing sometime or a track event or two. hehehe:D

Thanks for inviting us.........Jordan.

3. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Hope to be there again next year Jordan, thanks again

Yia

4. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

How did Vic win the "best Subaru" category. The only modification he has is a replacement front bumper... and Matt put it on for him! }:) I should have went for real!

5. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">How did Vic win the "best Subaru" category. The only modification he has is a replacement front bumper... and Matt put it on for him! I should have went for real!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Did you know? Is not what you have but who you know.....I saw Vic slip some washington into Jordan pocket ;) hahaha..just kidding

6. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Vic deserves it! His car looks better than mine, being WRB and all:p

7. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

Vic deserves it! His car looks better than mine, being WRB and all:p<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ditto

8. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

Great pictures! now I can share my car with the web! hehe Thanks for the burger Jordan!

9. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by FuJi K

Great pictures! now I can share my car with the web! hehe Thanks for the burger Jordan!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Fuji, since I'm the photographer... that will be $5.00 per circulation on the net, LOL. j/k... I hope you like it. If you want me to take some more picture of your ride... let me know. We can do the Mounds Park theme and take a shot of your car with the city scape in the background.

10. John16V

Yo Vic is there more picture??? Where is the one with me and the NSX?!}:)

11. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by John16V

Yo Vic is there more picture??? Where is the one with me and the NSX?!}:)

John, the one where you were wearing a thong and humping the NSX? You know that's off limit on here... we have underage kid browsing this site on and off... j/k :)

John, when I get home, I'll post your image on this site so you can download it.

12. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Did I hear people want pics of thier rideS? I work for kodak, I can blow up your pixs or make it look nice ;). I'll hook yall up.

13. John16V

Free?? :D

14. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Hmmmm Maybe, this is reciprocity.

15. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

eh..just make it look like an accident...who would know anywaise....man vic your good at taking pictures....hmmm...must be taking so many pic of girl that he musta became a photographer...lol...j/k....

16. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by subi_2.5rs

eh..just make it look like an accident...who would know anywaise....man vic your good at taking pictures....hmmm...must be taking so many pic of girl that he musta became a photographer...lol...j/k....

Lee, if you must ask... I use to make money on the side doing that as well. I'm just Vic of all trade :D

17. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

lol..man you goota hook me up...need a new job...seriously...