SCCA Badlands West Fargo Autox June 14th

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Sheeran, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Sheeran

Sheeran Active Member

I know there were a few of you around here that did this last season and I'd like to join in. I'm still not 100% sure if I'll be able to go as I just bought a house and it requires attention but any tips or pointers for a newbie?

2. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

Invest in a good tire gauge. a few pounds of air can make a huge difference.
    Talk to the people on site. Get information from people with similar cars, a set up for a Miata will not work on a Subaru.
    If they have instructors available, use them. They will be an invaluable resource.
    This is a link to our local autocross club. The page is for beginners with lots of good info.
    http://www.mnautox.com/forums/content.php?115-Info-for-New-Autocrossers

3. bubba_crx

bubba_crx Well-Known Member

If you have facebook talk to some of the guys on the badlands region scca page. They are great guys and always willing to help out new people. A good friends wife is chair for the event and I will be out there helping (haven't had a chance to finish my CRX that I'll be using for auto x so I most likely won't be driving).

4. KA-T_240

KA-T_240 Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed this, not on here that often anymore.

Event was great, started off with 3 runs in the AM in the wet, then the next set was hit or miss depending on the run group, followed by 3 dry runs. We had a great event and had lots of fun. Next event in Fargo is August 9th, I will be the event chair.

5. KA-T_240

KA-T_240 Well-Known Member

Also, the Badlands SCCA FB page is the best place for info and questions.