SCCA PDX at DCTC - SUNDAY April 7th 2013

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by RSR, Mar 12, 2013.

1. RSR

RSR Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    Musashi likes this.
  2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this up, I know you've been very busy. Some of use have already taken the liberty to sign up before this post because we just couldn't wait. I'm very excited for this event, we had a blast last late fall, got soo much seat time in and the staff and participants were fantastic. I also want to thank the SCCA LOL team for putting up the $$$ to provide a full EMT crew onsite for our benefit. I know it's very expensive but they've got our best interest at heart. Alright guys/gals anyone who's looking for a very casusual and fun event to enjoy on the track and get lots of seat time this is it.

A few years ago we use to complain there wasn't enough local events, how things have changed thanks to the hard work from the organizers and the support of the community.

http://www.mnsubaru.com/threads/recap-on-lol-pdx-on-10-28.40964/#post-678114

http://www.mnsubaru.com/threads/reg...dx-at-dctc-october-28-2012.40681/#post-677565

3. Se7enrex

Se7enrex Well-Known Member

I did this last fall, last one of the year, it was awesome! I never have had so much fun and all of the instructors were great! Excited for this one, just signed up! I did notice no lunch offered at this one, what is a good alternative for food local/ or should we bring? Also, what do you anticipate will be different with the course?

-Will

Musashi likes this.
  4. Musashi

I've got my summer tires ready, just need to swap out the brake pads and a quick oil change before the event. It will be really nice to see everyone after the winter. :)

5. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

What time do we need to be there for the event? I really would like to go, however I'm going to a comedy show and out the night before, so I'm not sure how motivated I will be to wake up at the crack of dawn...:(

Ylime likes this.
  6. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

I would really like to do one of these, hopefully the summer event I can sign up for!

7. RSR

RSR Member

Driver Registration is from 7:30 - 8:30 with MANDATORY drivers meeting at 8:30 and first group on track at 9:00.

8. RSR

RSR Member

Providing we get 40+ entries we have plans for a food truck (Fork in the Road) to be at the event offering
    some great lunch specials. The track should be the same general configuration but may change 1 or 2 turns depending on conditions.

9. Musashi

Well if' we're not gonna get anymore fun snow then I want summer, April couldn't get here any sooner. ;)

10. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to play this one by ear (sounds like I could register day of), but hopefully I can make it! Otherwise I'll make my best attempt for the next event.

11. RSR

RSR Member

Last call... PDX is this Sunday April 7th and we have about 15 spots remaining.
    The weather is looking good and may be in the 50's with sun and some clouds.
    up at the track and can't register because it sold out.

Next SCCA PDX event will be on Sunday July 7th at DCTC.

If you already signed up; THANK YOU! and see you on Sunday.

Musashi likes this.
  12. Musashi

I have some friends and members who have been looking for an opportunity to work with me this season and this is one of them. So please sign up and you can request for me to be your instructor. I'll be pretty busy this season so I'm really looking for any opportunity to help you out when ever I can. Good driver don't wait for good weather to come around. They make the best of every condition and accel with it.

13. Musashi

I just received my welcome email from the PDX staff, I'm very excited for this event. After my raccoon experience I'm ready to take off the Winter gear and put on the Summer so I can go back to driving school ;)

14. Se7enrex

Se7enrex Well-Known Member

That was a ton of fun, we definitely roasted some tires. Our group had the Porsche cayman, the Golf R, Turbo Miata, 11 STI Hatch, and Blue Vette. TONS of fun we all had, thanks guys!!

15. Musashi

It was definitely a lot of fun. I got a chance to test out my new suspension and chase down a few cars in the process. There was like 4 BRZ's at the event and I got to drive the blue one lol. I'll post up some video's later if they turn out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

I stopped by to watch, and although I knew I couldn't drive in the event, I was a little jealous when I was watching from the sidelines. Can't wait for next weekend!