SCCA PDX at DCTC - Sunday July 7th 2013

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by RSR, Jun 4, 2013.

1. RSR

RSR Member

Musashi likes this.
  2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I just registered for the event! :cool:

3. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

I plan on being in attendance as well...had this on my calendar for months!

4. Speedicone

Speedicone Member

This may sound like a dumb question, but is this different from autocross? I'm kinda new to all this and have done a few autocross, but I'm assuming this is at higher speeds? Sounds like fun!

5. RSR

RSR Member

This is nothing like autocross; we have up to 15 cars on track at any one time with passing by contract in 2 zones with no speed limits. For all new drivers we assign you in group 1 or 2 based on experience and you will be paired up with an instructor for the day. This is not racing and not timed but a performance driving experience with instructors teaching you proper high speed driving techniques. Be sure you have good tires and brakes as you will get 2+ hours of track time.

6. Speedicone

Speedicone Member

Ahhh- I get it. Thanks for the explanation!

7. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Just registered! I'm looking forward to the event.

8. Musashi

OMG this is coming up quick! One more weekend and it's on! :coffee:

9. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

just registered. Better watch out Jordan. No wait now that your e85 with coils too I think i'm done for lol

Musashi likes this.
  10. Musashi

I know his Kryptonite :smoke:

Buddy likes this.
  11. RSR

RSR Member

The clock is running...... Registration closes: July 3, 2013 11:59 PM CDT in 5 days!

Musashi likes this.
  12. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

Mmmmmabey.

I have not decided how I'm spending my weekend. I have a 4 day weekend and two cars I want to work towards repairing., BUT I also have a fresh set of tires and a rear sway bar (that I can actually use, yay) on the way for the toaster.

Decisions, decisions...

13. RSR

RSR Member

We are SOLD OUT for this event; Thank you for supporting Land O' Lakes SCCA.
    Registration is 7:30 to 8:30 with mandatory drivers meeting at 8:30 then cars on track at 9AM.
    Get there early and enjoy coffee and rolls provided by Midwest Motorworks.

14. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

Big thanks to everyone that helped make this happen today, I had a blast like always. It's always cool to see all the different cars that show up and run the track.

Musashi and glen like this.
  15. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

Looked like a diverse bunch, temp and humidity had to be a pita today though

16. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Yup, thanks all for putting on another great event, I had a blast as always!
    Yes, the high temps were problematic...I thought I blew er up, but it was just some serious blow-by. All is good, but will def need to take some precautions before racing in the heat again!

17. Musashi

Trying to be compliant with safety made my day miserable, next time no jeans lol. My old school Honda friends from back in the day came out one with his Lexus who managed to peel off a whole tread like it was an orange after two sessions. And the other in a Black classic Supra w/700whp. And me in my Red Prius.

This was a huge turnout and lunch was great! I had a lot of fun and I didn't have to work too hard to earn it either. I got to test drive Tara's Miata and provided some feedback on his car. Very different car since my first test drive a few years ago, way funner now and is very quick.

I know now why they call him Buddy, thanks for trusting me with your car as always. I was able to help entertain some friends who came out to checkout the sport and what I do. I think you're ready for phase II.

My highlight of the day was helping an old friend learn to drive the lines in his Supra w/no AC! :smoke:

18. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Are there pics posted anywhere from the event? I saw a few guys out taking pics, but I'm not sure if anyone posted them.