SCCA PDX at DCTC - Sunday October 12th

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by RSR, Oct 2, 2014.

1. RSR

RSR Member

There is still time to register for the SCCA-LOL's PDX at Dakota County Technical College.

Please sign up at Motorsportreg.com as space is limited for this high speed event.

If you have any questions please contact me at: [email protected].

Here is a link to register: http://msreg.com/2014FallPDX

Thanks and hope to see you at DCTC!

TMF and Musashi like this.
  2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

This will be a great event to close out your Summer Track Season. They have a very fast course setup and very experienced instructors to help improve your driving. Also dont forget to contact Dave if you need a rental helmet for this event or any others. I really enjoy these events as you get a huge mixture of different forms of cars and not to mention lots of seat time. Hope you can make it!

3. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Dave, I'm planning on being there!

4. Aluminati

Aluminati Vendor

I was going through the steps but man lots of questions for my vehicle. Do I fill everything in? Some of the stuff I have no idea what to put. Preferred numbers? Weight? Maybe just put the stock value.

I really want to go to this event. It will be my first.

Where should I look to get a helmet? Does it need to be certified or be a certain style?

Thanks for any help and understanding with my noob track experience (none!!).

Time for bed :)

5. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

First, I'm glad to hear that you're going! These are great events - lots of seat time and good instruction.

I wouldn't worry too much about all of the random numbers, they are most concerned about who you are, your emergency contact, payment, etc.

I'll let Dave chime in on the helmet requirements, but normally you need a Snell SA2005 or newer rated helmet. Some clubs allow Snell M-rated helmets, some allow back to SA2000, etc. I'm not sure if they will have loaners, but Dave (@RSR ) does rent equipment. Renting is nice, especially if you are just giving this a shot.

And here are a couple good articles on prepping yourself and your car for the event. Don't worry about fancy summer tires (you'll learn more on crappy tires) or fancy brake pads, but DO worry about your brake fluid. If you have never replaced your brake fluid and bled the brakes, you may want to consider doing that before the event. PM me if you need help.

http://blog.365racing.net/2014/01/10/preparing-for-a-track-day-hpde-must-read-for-pg2014/
    http://www.meetup.com/trackweekend/pages/Preparing_Your_Car_for_a_Track_Day/

Musashi likes this.
  6. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

Wish I could go but I get married the day before and don't think the wife would like me going. (married one day and i'm already getting shafted out of track time) maybe I can come out and visit for a bit.

Musashi likes this.
  7. Musashi

Well you should plan for an after wedding party sir. It will be very memoriable!

TMF likes this.
  8. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Where's the dislike button? lol jk, I'm very happy for you guys. But it is fun to play on the race track...next year I guess!

9. Musashi

Allow me to drive the Limo for you two departing from the church hehehe

tangledupinblu, EricS and TMF like this.
  10. Aluminati

Aluminati Vendor

Completed my registration and will be there!!!!

Man i can't freaking wait!

Musashi and TMF like this.
  11. gaitedgirl

gaitedgirl Well-Known Member

I am going. Should be a fun day!

12. Aluminati

Aluminati Vendor

What a fun day!! First track event and will be going to many more.

Towards the end of the day i went off the track. I was being followed by a loud ass stock car looking thing lol

Before i left, i made sure i had that turn down :)

glen likes this.
  13. glen

glen Well-Known Member

Great day to be at the track :thumbup:

Aluminati likes this.
  14. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Ah I forgot you were there, didn't get a chance to say hello. I remember seeing a face that I recognized but I couldn't quite remember who...pretty sure it was you lol.

Were you guys out in the E30 chump car in the advanced group? I think there was only one...

15. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Namely this one lol. Matt posted up a pic:

16. Aluminati

Aluminati Vendor

Thanks for letting me use a helmet @RSR

Here was a few shots i took when the advanced group was getting on the track. RS Motors had 2 Evo's, an S2000 and a GTR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time for new brake pads and brake fluid lol What did you recommend @TMF ? I think you mentioned Hawk HPS?

EricS and Musashi like this.
  17. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

For a DD, I would recommend Hawk HPS or Stoptech Street pads. A lot of people really like the Stoptech's, but I have not run them myself.

For brake fluid, any good DOT4 should be fine, as long as you change it at least once a year if you're going to the track. ATE Type 200 is good too.

18. gaitedgirl

gaitedgirl Well-Known Member

I had a great time at the track! It was my first time at a PDX. On my third run I was stuck in a supercharged Mustang sandwich (a maroon one and a bright orange one with black stripes). We hung pretty tight for a while on that run until the bright orange one spun out a bit in front of me. Then he got back on the track and the supercharged Mustang sandwich was back. lol I am glad Dave had helmets available to use from RSR-thanks!

EricS, TMF, Aluminati and 1 other person like this.