Short sweet CNN article on Subaru

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by silver03, Dec 21, 2009.

1. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

2. petrakov08

petrakov08 Well-Known Member

props to Subaru, they're doing a fantastical job

3. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Atta boy subaru, atta boy.

4. Woofy

Woofy Member

:),hell yeah

5. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

I am more and more impressed by subaru every day, although I am sad to hear about a 2wd sports car. AWD is their thing and they should stick to it

6. greg donovan

greg donovan Well-Known Member

i know it is a goofy round and round debate on NASIOC but i just dont get this mentality.

subaru has been AWD only in the US since '96. before that they were AWD and FWD. they were founded on a FWD platform in the early years in Japan.

the existance of a 2WD car is not going to change AWD subarus one bit. if anything it will help subaru. right now if a subaru fan wants a RWD track/toy car they buy something else. now (if subaru builds a RWD coupe) those poeple can stay in the subaru family. OB or forester for the family and soccer games and the FT-86 for the weeekends track days or a cruise in the mountains for some drifting canyon action.

7. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

I avoid the nabisco at all costs. This was the first I heard about 2wd subaru

All valid points, I just dislike how mainstream subaru is becoming. I still can't get over the move to framed windows.

8. stoooo

stoooo Well-Known Member

I love my frameless windows. I can't explain why, but it's one of those design/styling cues that really appeal to me.

9. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

EXACTLY! I can't imagine opening my door with the window down and having to make sure I don't hit my head on anything :(

10. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

That is a neat article but I have heard all that before. Subaru has been pulling through the automotive slouch excellent compared to other companies.

As for the sports coupe, last I read was that it was going to have a slightly longer wheelbase and be AWD. Potentially w/ a turbocharged engine. This would make it cost more as well which in theory puts the Subaru coupe out of direct competition with the Toyota coupe. I am not sure if the longer wheel base means that it would be a different style than the Toyota (ie 2 seater, 2 by 2, ect...)