sideskirt painting mini group buy

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by jNorthWRX, May 9, 2005.

1. jNorthWRX

jNorthWRX Well-Known Member

hey guys i talked to brad hubert at hamline autobody as some other people on here had recommended him. anyway he said they will do sideskirts for 170 if you take them off and bring them in. i asked him if i was to get a group buy with the same color but it would prolly only be a few people and he said 2 sets dropped off would be 150 each, 3 sets would be 135. so anyone else with psm (silver) thats wants them done let me know, if there is no interest within the week i'll prolly just have him do mine. if anyone else wants to set up one for a different color he would prolly be happy to help you out, his name is brad hubert and hamlines number is 651-224-4717, ive heard alot of good things about their work.

2. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

I need mine done, but in wrb im down for that

3. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I got WRB that I wanna get done as well as a few other minor dings and scratches I wanna get fixed. Lets see if we can get another WRB aspit to get a mini WRB GB together.

People in for WRB GB on painted side skirts:
    MNAutomatic
    AspitFire
    WRXSpeed
    WRX1 (2 sets)

I will call as soon as I can get the number and talk to brad. Alright well I just realized that the number is atop the page. I will give him a call and see what he says either today sometime yet or tomorrow.

4. jNorthWRX

i saw two replies and thought maybe a couple silver guys wanted in, i should have known blue would hijack this, jk. give brad a call he seemed like a pretty cool guy and i'm sure he'd be more then happy to do help you guys out.

5. Flipndabrd

Flipndabrd Well-Known Member

If we get three or more, I will get in on the silver action. I cannot do it with only two or one cause of $$. Shoot me an email if we get one more.

6. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

i want to, but again i need world rally blue, so the other 2 guys with it, we could drop off our 3 sets. I just got my whole front end done there, so their work is good.

7. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I would proably be in for blue, and I might have 2 sets for blue if or discount gets bigger with moer sets.

Russ

8. jNorthWRX

walloftvs where are you, we need one more silver and you know you want it...

9. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

So then we got 5 sets that want to get painted if Russ drops off two. Whats the number so that one of us can call and see if the pricing gets any better as well as finding out some other info as in if we all have to drop it off together or what not. So number please and I will modify my first post for the exact count of people for WRB.

10. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I need a front bumper painted, maybe I can get in on this:D

11. Gspot

Gspot New Member

Why does white have to be so cool yet so rare.

12. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jNorthWRX

walloftvs where are you, we need one more silver and you know you want it...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah, I want in but I'm totally broke at the moment. [xx(]

13. jNorthWRX

jees wall of tvs way to let down team silver, j/k bein broke sucks. but hey dream you got silver right? a bumper would prolly work too i think it was mainly just setting up the color so he could spray everything at once. any other silvers?

14. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

price???

15. AspitFire

Ok, did somone call him?? everyone who is in this please stay in and dont back out on this. so if he was goign to charge $135 for 3 sets, somone how much for 5 sets. I can have mine off and ready to go.

16. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Buy/Sell/Services? moved to proper forum

17. jNorthWRX

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wrxboy2003

price???

the prices are at the beginning of the thread, i'm pretty sure you have silver dont you wrxboy? that would make 3 silvers and get us the 135 price, also dream has a silver bumper that could prolly goin in with it.

also sorry about postin in the wrong forum matt, didnt think about it. i'm just one of the stupid newbs :D

18. jNorthWRX

i forgot to add this in my last post but i was wonderin if anyone knows what to do with the black rubber strip that runs along the top of the sideskirt once the skirt is painted, do people put the ugly black one back on or can you get color matched rubber strip somewhere? i never really thought about it or noticed it before, kinda sounds like a dumb question but i figured someone would know.

19. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I ran outta time to call today for blues but I will call tomorrow unless someone else wants to do it. Once I get final price for 5 sets for WRB we can set up a date to drop them off

20. beeloo

beeloo New Member

I have a silver WRX and would like to take a shot at this but there are two problems:

1. I can drive up from Rochester
    2. if someone can help me take the skirts off, im not experienced :p

21. AspitFire

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by MNAutomatic

I ran outta time to call today for blues but I will call tomorrow unless someone else wants to do it. Once I get final price for 5 sets for WRB we can set up a date to drop them off

Go ahead and call, let me know if you are unable to call, i can call. But get a final price, see if he will go lower then $135 with the 5 sets, and we should be all set.

22. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

how soon we looking here, if not too soon, i may order an STi hoodscoop that he can paint. if not no big deal, just wondering.

23. jNorthWRX

alright so silver guys this is what ive got:
    myself
    flipndabrd?
    wrxboy2003?
    beeloo?
    dream's bumper?

you guys listed let me know if you are in for sure or not and when you could possibly drop them off so we can get something organized. once you guys let me know i will call him back and figure somethin out, he might even go lower if we get more than 3 sets but i'm not sure.

24. Flipndabrd

Flipndabrd Well-Known Member

Again, I am in. My number is 952-233-3206 and silver.

Matt

25. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

pass this time... thanks anyways

26. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by beeloo

I have a silver WRX and would like to take a shot at this but there are two problems:

1. I can drive up from Rochester
    2. if someone can help me take the skirts off, im not experienced :p

They are very easy to take off. There is one plastic screw pop thing in both wheel wells, then along the bottom i believe there is 3 more plastic pops that you can take off with a screwdriver. Then once those are out just yank it off.

27. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jNorthWRX

alright so silver guys this is what ive got:
    myself
    flipndabrd?
    wrxboy2003?
    beeloo?
    dream's bumper?

you guys listed let me know if you are in for sure or not and when you could possibly drop them off so we can get something organized. once you guys let me know i will call him back and figure somethin out, he might even go lower if we get more than 3 sets but i'm not sure.
    Im in for sure, just let me know.

28. AspitFire

did you call on the WRB group yet?

29. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

How about BRP colour # 95H fong and yia? and the rest GC8 BRP. I'm down for this week, then finally getting my spoiler done same time!!!!!!!!

30. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

No I did not get around to calling once again today as I was stuck in a doctors office for quite sometime after cracking one of my ribs today. Very sorry about that so I am just gonna pass it on to you Aspit if you dont mind. Let me know if you dont wanna call or can't call for some reason and I will do it sometime tomorrow hopefully. Sorry once again but got a little side tracked today

31. AspitFire

Ok, i will call tomorrow and ask him about 5 sets of WRB sideskirts, and i will let you guys know the details.

32. jNorthWRX

k for silver we've got 2 sets for sure (mine and flipndabrd's) and a bumper, i'm pretty sure this will get the 135 price for the skirts, dream i dunno maybe you wanna call him for a price on the bumper? beeloo if you want in too when would you be able to bring yours up? the shop is located in st paul i think, right by there anyway, here is their site http://www.hamlineautobody.com but i was thinkin we could all get them to him monday that would give you guys some time to get them off your car or get your money or whatever. would this work for you guys? i wanna set somthin up with him by friday to have them dropped off monday then they can prolly get them done tuesday or somthin, anyway let me know if monday would work for everyone.

33. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

If there any BRP, i go for tuesday I might call KIA i mean yia

34. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AspitFire

Ok, i will call tomorrow and ask him about 5 sets of WRB sideskirts, and i will let you guys know the details.
    thanks man

35. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Ill call today and see what he says about my bumper, it should be ready for paint early next week.

36. AspitFire

Great news guys, i spoke with Brad today at hamline, and for 5 sets of WRB sideskirts he will do each set for $100!! I said we could have them to him sometime next week. I just got to call him before everyone drops theres off. He has to do them all at the same time, so if we set up a day to drop these off they NEED to be there. He said the turn around time would be 1-2 days.

So what day will work for everyone??
    MNAutomatic
    AspitFire
    WRXSpeed
    WRX1 (2 sets)

37. jNorthWRX

alright dream sounds good, just tell him we've got 2 sets of skirts and your bumper, not sure if beeloo is in for not. but see what the 2 skirts and a bumper price is and tell him we will get a day set up and hopefully get them in early next week. and get that bumper ready!

38. beeloo

beeloo New Member

I am in, but as I have to drive from Roch. it cannot be on a weekday. They close at 6pm, i dont get out till 5.

Also, looks like it would be better if we have 5 people. $100 sounds much better than 135! imo.

39. AspitFire

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by beeloo

I am in, but as I have to drive from Roch. it cannot be on a weekday. They close at 6pm, i dont get out till 5.

just for refrence they are open until 5:30

40. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

well, i drive by it everyday to school, but this is the last week of classes and i only have finals next week, so tuesday, thurday or friday works for me, i'd rather do it on a day where i'm already down there to save gas. i'd say tuesday, then we can pick them up before the weekend and all.
    BTW, $100 is an awesome price, paint alone would cost about $60 a peice as it is, they quoted me $200 when i got my bumper fixed 3 weeks ago, now i'm happy i waited.

One question, do they want the skirts off our cars when we get there, or can we take them off in the lot out front?

41. jNorthWRX

beeloo i just looked on their site and they arent open on weekends either so i'm not sure how you are going to get them up here, you could ship them but it would prolly be too expensive to make it worth it. otherwise you could set somthin up to come up this weekend and drop them off with one of us and then you'd have to come back up again to pick them up. not sure how else you could do this, let me know what you think. you ever been to firestone? you could drop them off with someone there on friday or saturday night depending on the weather if anyone is there.

42. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I am out of town till monday so I wont get them off till tueday at the earliest. It would be easier for me if you just give me a day to work around. I can do it really whenever, just not monday as that is when I get back form my trip.

43. AspitFire

i can pretty much manage anytime next week, i can work somthing out.

Bryan to answer your question, yes he wants them off the car, i guess if you want, you can do it in there parking lot; but whatever you want i guess.

He also spoke to me about the little rubber piece that goes along the sideskirt, he said we should take it off, he said he can try to mask it off on the car, but most of the time they will peel off during the process. I asked him where to get replacement strips, and he said directly from subaru, they are only 3m double sided stick tape.

So would tuesday work for everyone??
    WRX1?? we are relying on you for the other two sets :D

44. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, like i said, I have one set for sure, and depening on price I may have another. Some bad stuff went down at my place yesturday and I am not sure if I am in at all now. I won't know for sure till next week. As for dropping them off, fridays and weekends only work for me. I am working to many 12+ hr days to get there during the week.

Russ

45. AspitFire

well next wednesday would work for me. Like i said it will be $100 per set.