Snap On F80 3/8 Drive Ratchet, Caliper Hanging Hooks

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by Shancaldazar, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

Got a Snap On F80 that is used but in excellent shape. Drive anvil shows wear but the rest of it is practically new with a few signs of light use. High quality, super strong, and 80 teeth for a small swing arc. One of the best 3/8 drive ratchets available in the US. $60, and I'll throw in a free set of 4 caliper hangers too.

IMG_2575.JPG IMG_2577.JPG IMG_2576.JPG IMG_2578.JPG IMG_2573.JPG

The caliper hooks I made these out of 1/4" aluminum round stock, bent them to shape, and powder coated them red. They are 9.5" to 10" long and work great for Subarus to hang the caliper (without stretching the brake hose) from the springs. They have large hooks (can fit over even heavy duty truck springs) and can probably be used on many different vehicles, I just sized them to work very well on Subarus (97 impreza, 03 forester, 05 outback, 11 Forester). Please keep in mind that these will have a few flaws in the powder coating (I was trying different ways to powder coat, baking, multiple coats, etc so some are better than others), they will range a bit in size (again, was trying out different settings on my metal bender), and they have a few gouges and chunks from various cutting techniques and methods I was using to find what the best way to do these are. Just remember that they aren't going to be perfect but they will work excellent for hanging calipers still. They are made out of aluminum so they will NOT RUST even if the powder coating falls off and can support a good amount of weight for even larger brake calipers. I will sell them in sets of 2 only (discounts for buying multiple sets however!).
    $10 for a set of 4, $6 for a set of two SHIPPED to you. ($8 picked up for 4, $5 for 2 picked up)
    IMG_2452.JPG

I'm in Plymouth everyday now and driving through the South Metro almost every day, so can meet up for items too.

Attached Files:

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

@jmyhre05 , these caliper hooks could be a nice addition to the shop if you don't already have something!

3. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

F80 Sold!

4. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

You need a gavel.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.