Snow Foam Power Washer Attachment - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JuStaWRX, Apr 14, 2017.

1. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

Does anyone have recommendations on the Snow Foam spray attachments for power washers? I would like to get one, but I would like to hear if others like them/recommend them before I buy. I have found quite a few on Amazon, so if you have specific models you have liked that would be helpful too.
    upload_2017-4-14_14-58-53.png

joebush44 likes this.
  2. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

Also interested and have been looking a bit. The one pictured I believe is the Chemical Guys "Foam Blaster", used with just a regular hose. The CG "Foam Cannon" is the power washer attachment. There are several knockoffs of the CG Cannon on Amazon for significantly cheaper than the Chemical Guys-branded attachment. The reviews on those seemed decent, but the neck of the bottle seems to commonly break off of the cheaper ones. I'd think as long as you don't drop it, the cheaper ones should hold up fairly well? Been debating...

Is special soap also a requirement with these things or can you just use regular car wash?

JuStaWRX likes this.
  3. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

I've used something similar for years. I really like the ability to cover the whole car in soapy foam after a pressure rinse to get the big stuff off. I also use two buckets, one with soap and water, and a second with just water. Pressure the big stuff off, cover in foam, dip wash mitt into soapy water, wash car, rinse wash mitt into plain water after the wiping the car, and then into the soap bucket. This helps get the dirt particles off the mitt.

Krazylegz1485 and JuStaWRX like this.
  4. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

I've just used car wash. Some are thicker than others, so I'll mix the thicker versions with water in the gun.

5. JuStaWRX

I was given a gift of a soap kit from Chemical Guys a couple months ago, so right now that's what I will use. After that, nothing set yet, since the gift was pretty loaded and should last a while.

Attached Files:

6. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Do you guys that "get into" washing your cars at home use soft water or just whatever comes out of the tap? At the house I lived in during high school my dad had plumbed a line to the outside faucet so he could run hot, soft water to wash cars.

The house we're trying to buy has a concrete driveway so I can finally wash at home, or at least give it a shot.

JuStaWRX and tangledupinblu like this.
  7. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I use pure unfiltered elephant tears.

I have the mr clean car wash system because racecar. It's old school, but so am i.

IMG_7508.JPG

8. JuStaWRX

That set up sounds like a dream! If the house we are in now were to be a permanent "forever" home, I would definitely look in to that. Unfortunately, I only use what comes out of the hose (and in Mpls, it's pretty hard water). I will say though, switching to a little higher quality of washing materials (soaps/shines) has really made a difference. Also not having a black car anymore helps ;)

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  9. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

I've never been much for hand washing a car, mainly because I've never had anything even close to worthy of spending that much time and energy on. If it was more convenient I might consider it, hence the ideas for the new place.

10. tangledupinblu

Mr clean has an inline filter for tha hardwatahz! ;););)

11. joebush44

@JuStaWRX - Did you pull the trigger on a foam cannon yet? I'm really tempted to order one of the knock-off $20 ones on Amazon.

12. joebush44

I used to have one of these things back in the day, but I don't know what ever happened to it. I think they discontinued these. Can you still get filter refills? Maybe on eBay I suppose.

I would love a setup like that.

I've looked into filter setups a bit, but seems a pre-built filter "system" is just a little too pricey. I need to do more research as far as putting together a budget filter setup. I use a leaf blower to dry my car and by the time I get half way done, I already have water spots :(

13. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

I looked into buying a foam cannon for quite a while last summer but once I found out you still need to scrub the car by hand afterwards it didn't seem worth it to me. The pictured Chemical Guys garden hose attachment at the top is down to $40 on Amazon right now though.

14. joebush44

True, but I think the idea of the foam cannon is to be able to fully cover the car with soap for lubrication. Then you'd bucket wash as you normally would.

15. JuStaWRX

Yes I did! Here is the one bought. I've used it once, and it did the trick. It went through soap fast, but I think that may just be the name of the game with these. I used some cheaper soap last time to just get a feel for it before loading it with the expensive stuff!

joebush44 likes this.
  16. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

You could probably accomplish the same thing with a yard chemical sprayer. They are typically like 8 bucks at Menards.

17. tangledupinblu

That is probably where they came up with the idea AND the name!!?

18. joebush44

Same one I had my eye on. Thanks! :thumbup:

19. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

Wash your car in 5 phases... Do the greenhouse (and a small overlap to the surrounding panels) first, and then dry; move on to the hood/fr bumper, then on to the trunk/rear bumper, then each of the sides.
    With a bit of care with the hose, you will be able to keep the already cleaned areas free from water... I can even wash my car in the sun(early or late in the day) without water spots, assuming the paint isn't hot from sitting out in the sun.

20. xsmooth69x

xsmooth69x Member

I have the same one JuStaWRX had a link too.

The one the OP posted is for just a garden hose and I believe isnt for pressure washers. The one JuStaWRX linked is for pressure washers.

joebush44 likes this.
  21. joebush44

Used my Amazon foam cannon last night. Works great! It goes through soap a lot faster than I was expecting, but I may need to dial it down a bit. Pretty nice having the car completely covered in soap and then just having a rinse bucket. Much faster washes and more lubrication to avoid swirling as well. Now I just need to get my spot free wash setup going...

JuStaWRX likes this.
  22. xsmooth69x

xsmooth69x Member

23. joebush44