Snow Riding 2015/2016

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MNGman, Oct 13, 2015.

1. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

So the autocross season is finished for the year. Time to direct my energies to the upcoming winter riding season.
    Welch Village is in the process of building a new terrain park, complete with its own rope tow. I am hoping this will be an above average set up. They seem to be investing quite a lot into this to attract those who like to ride features. (Not my cup of tea, I'm getting older and don't like falling down as much...) This may be attractive to those with kids who want to play, and you may want to ride. We have some of the steepest terrain in the area, and are only 30 minutes from the south metro. Link below to what they are building.
    If you are in the area on a Saturday, look me up, I'll be one of the people with the red vest and big white cross on the back. (white helmet, not many of use have white helmets)
    http://welchvillagevp.blogspot.com/

TMF and souy07 like this.
  2. souy07

souy07 Well-Known Member

Looks sweet! I'll definitely share this to my buddies!

3. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Nice, glad to see Welch is remodeling their park a bit. I think they have been lacking in the terrain park arena for a while, especially when compared to Afton and Buck. Although these new plans don't talk about any plan for new table tops or jumps - is Welch just against any sort of hang time? I don't do rails/boxes any more (I am also getting old and don't like falling down as much lol), but I don't mind hitting a good kicker every once in a while.

In any case, Vail/Afton got my money again this year for the season pass, but I'm sure I'll make it down to Welch at some point during the season. Most likely a Saturday :thumbup:

Deathly likes this.
  4. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

TMF, you know the drill. ;)

TMF and Deathly like this.