SRVD Issue

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by mn_sti, Jan 18, 2020.

1. mn_sti

mn_sti Well-Known Member

Our 2015 Legacy 2.5 limited started showing an error message about SRVD being disabled. Car has about 93k on it. Anyone have experience with this error?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  2. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

With the recent snowfall (and not knowing how long you have had the car), are all of the sensors clean (no snow on them)? And in place?

3. mn_sti

mn_sti Well-Known Member

I have not pulled the bumper cover yet to see if they had moved. We have never had issues with the snow before but I left the car in the garage for the last few days with the temp turned up. I have seen quite a pile of snow under both back corners!

4. mn_sti

mn_sti Well-Known Member

I should add that there was A LOT of little rocks in the snow/ice falling down. Our road has been really icy so they are putting really fine trap rock down to give some traction. I am wondering if this is the difference.

5. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

It could be debris accumulating between the sensor and the bumper cover, but I believe we had the same issue with our Legacy (same year/trim) a few years ago. Morrie's attempted to recalibrate them and after that was unsuccessful I think they just replaced the radar/sensor unit under warranty. Hopefully that isn't necessary in your case as those little buggers can get pretty expensive.

6. mn_sti

mn_sti Well-Known Member

No luck with just melting the snow. I know Subaru has a TSB out on the issue but my car is supposed to come after the VIN cut off. There is a DTC listed on the TSB. Do you need dealer equipment to read that? It’s not an OBD2 code

7. mn_sti

mn_sti Well-Known Member

I got the bumper cover off this weekend and things were relatively clean. Washed things up and still I am getting the error message. I also used the diagnostic procedure for the wires (continuity, shorts, etc) and the harness checked out fine. Signs are pointing to one of the modules at this point.

Does anyone know if I need dealership software if I replace one of the modules?

Spoke to Morries and it sounds like they are scheduling appt a month out!

8. mn_sti

mn_sti Well-Known Member

A quick update. Lucked out and found a same day appt so I took the car to the dealer and they checked the codes. Numerous codes were found but none were active. They cleared the codes and so far the light has remained off.

I am cautiously optimistic that it was caused by the snow/rock build up but for some reason the computer kept the light on.