Still here now with less Subaru

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by twiztid_rs, Jul 13, 2015.

1. twiztid_rs

twiztid_rs Well-Known Member

Well I sold my Forester XT a few weeks back as my family has once again outgrown my Subaru. The first one was my beloved 99 2.5 RS which I sold when My first son was born nearly 6 years ago. Currently with 2 boys, and also caring for our niece, my wife and I are expecting our 3rd child in January. I figured I would be proactive and start searching for a new, larger option to accommodate 2 adults, 4 car/booster seats and 2 dogs. Initially I wanted to pick up a Ford Excursion as I'm more of a "Ford" guy but I couldn't stomach the prices people were asking and getting for them. I ended up finding an 05 Yukon Denali XL up by the cities on Friday and drove it home the same night. This marks the first time in 10 years I have been without a Subaru so I join the ranks of others on the site that have moved on. At some point I'm sure I'll be back in the Subaru game, but for now I am going to enjoy rolling a massive couch down the interstate and slowly piss off the wife as I drop it and do a few upgrades under the hood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Welcome to your life post-Subaru. You'll find it an odd adjustment at first, but then you'll find yourself wondering how you put up with them for so long.

;)

Nice looking ride, those older Yukons are a pretty solid bet. I wish I would have known you were looking for an Excursion, our FD is going to be selling two of them in the next year or so. 2001 models with the V10, both are under 24k miles IIRC.

bikerboy likes this.
  3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Looks great Jason! Congrats on the new rig and the new baby coming!!

4. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

We have a similar vehicle 04 escalade esv. Love the space and the 6.0. I still change the diff fluids and center transaxle every 30k miles on the truck. Dang Subaru habit!

twiztid_rs and tangledupinblu like this.
  5. twiztid_rs

twiztid_rs Well-Known Member

This weekend is going to include all fluids changed and plugs, wires, etc. All the basics so I know when it was done and who did it. So far its been great. I'm also going to bring it over to one of my best friends house who is a GM nut and has a 04 Yukon that is already modded, tuned and dropped. He has a hoist in his garage so we are going to get it off the ground and give it a proper look over, as well as hit the underside with a wire wheel and prime and undercoat the bottom side.