stupidest thing..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Skarecrow, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Skarecrow

Skarecrow Well-Known Member

you've ever done in your car...

go!

2. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

didnt let a fool pass in a no passing zone by accelerating so he couldnt get around, turns out it was a cop

3. AWDimprezaL

however i didnt get a ticket, he was in street clothes, yelled at me and told me i was getting " 3 tickets in the mail" 6 years ago....

4. Skarecrow

decided to show gf at time the power of the subaru.. romped on the gas then soon discovered I was on black ice....

ditched the car at 50 mph... almost stuffed it into a lake... thanks to all the frozen stuff, resulted in no damage to car.. bruised ego.

5. EtchyLives

EtchyLives Well-Known Member

Tore the front end off my 88 Dodge 600 with a tow strap.

The hood latch is NOT a good place to hook up a tow strap. At least not on an 88 Dodge 600.

6. Gridlocked

Gridlocked Well-Known Member

I don't even know where to start.
    Stories keep rushing back into my head...

7. AWDimprezaL

can we do motorcycles too?

8. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

Took a 90 degree corner in my mom's 96 monte carlo at 40. In the snow. First day of having my driver's permit. I jumped the ditch into my parents yard, took out three freshly planted pine trees and proceeded to drive the rest of the way through the yard to the driveway.

The broken trees and tracks through the yard gave it away, so there wasn't any covering it up.

9. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

Ah, the many stupid things we've all done.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that cops won't chase you down a gravel road to give you a speeding ticket.

10. Bielke55

Bielke55 Well-Known Member

Tried a Salomon course with large orange barrel cones.... I Lost on the last barrel...

11. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

It isn't something I would share on the internet... :run:

12. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

One of the best times in your car! :laugh:

13. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

I once watched a guy take off with a gas nozzle in his car while it was pumping.

14. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

I was getting there! Why don't you get over it sir humps alot!

15. blackozone

Just pointing it out because I couldn't say that I did it.

16. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

my exahust pipe arced out on a break line, and started a small fire in my s-10.

oh, I was changing the tire on the '91 integra.
    using the jack that came with it,
    put my head in the wheel well to look at the breaks,
    three sec. after I took my head out of the wheel well,
    the whole car sank down, I guess the parking lot was all tar.
    (almost lost my head!)

17. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

dont get me started on those :ugh:

18. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Stupidest thing involves someone doing something just as stupid, or even more so and us meeting at the apex of a corner...

19. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

OMG I've seen that too.

and guess what.

it WASN'T OCB.

:roll:

20. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

whakljgslkdfjetever dude, you know wtf I mean.

21. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Same here. Watched a lady walk into a store leaving her truck pumping. As she went in, I saw her truck roll away, the pump came out (and didn't tear off, thankfully) but kept spewing gas all over. The truck rolled onto the highway and into an oncoming car (at low speed, the guy could have avoided the truck if he wasn't in such shock that it was there).

I was walking out of the door as I saw all of this. Nothing I could have done to stop it (but I did go shut the pump off).

22. EggRoll

EggRoll Well-Known Member

Funny thing..
    My friends and I tied baby arms and legs we bought from ax man to the wheels on my old honda. Then we lost them on the free way at separate times. One arm made it though.

Stupid things..
    Accidentally giving the Miata a little too much gas so the tires spin and everyone thinks I'm trying to be bad a$$, but really I'm in fear for my life.

When driving automatics I often step on the brake and lift my left foot up in search of the clutch and move my hand to where the shift knob would be in a manual. Oops

While reversing the Tribute back and forth with a trailer on it my brother got sick of waiting for it to straighten so he said I was fine to step on the gas and then poof, huge dent in the bumper from the trailer's corner going sideways into it.

Locked my keys in my WRX twice. Once in the garage, and once at the graveyard.

Forgetting to replace the washer after changing the tranny fluid.

I learned changing in a Honda is completely different than in a Subaru, people like looking at Subarus.

The stupidest is trying to be in with the members of MN Subaru by tipping my car into a ditch and totaling it. Ouch.

23. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

fromroll an undercover on 35.

24. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

humped my girlfriend in the passenger front seat of my RX7 right under her dads bedroom window...

was doing burnouts etc in my mazda RX3... as jason would say.. mega numero uno drifto senstaions around corners when the car behind me happened to be an off duty police officer... he complimented me on my mad skills but said if I did it again he would lock me up...

Now in my WRX... my brother in-law was visiting form OZ and we were flying along a dirt road to my inlaws' place... when I was on the cell coming up to a corner and I said to him.. you know what is impressive about subarus especially in the snow... THIS... whilst ripping on the handbrake at about 45mph into a left hand turn (t-inteersection) whilst hanging up the phone, counter steered but too late.. backwards into the ditch... ha ha.. drove out... next morning coming up to another corner at about 65mph when I said..." Hey you know what makes subaurs so impressive in the snow... this"... he grabbed for anything he could.. I laughed and drove normally around the corner...

25. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

How did that work out for you?

26. Skarecrow

yes sir

27. EggRoll

^ That is the funnies.

Oh and it's only stupid if her dad caught you guys.

28. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

put an sti wing on it and thought it was cool!:laugh:

29. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

hahahah...erik, this is absolutely great.

30. AWDimprezaL

Yeah, sheriff tahoes are sneaky at night, he shouldnt have tried to pass in a no passing zone.

31. dipp

dipp Well-Known Member

fobia also frum rolled a under cover in a grand am till 145mph, funny story he got off with nothing.

32. dipp

dipp Well-Known Member

mine is really stupid, took a S turn at 70, made the first one but the second was covered in sand from dumptrucks, slid sideways into the ditch rolled twice= YARD SALE woke up upside down with nothing but a bruise.

33. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

ok...

wheelies at 110mph on 35E, which led to them seeing me on the traffic cameras, which led to police coming after me, which led to me being pulled over, bike impounded, a big ticket and a ride from a nice police officer....

out riding with a group of guys, coming to a stoplight someone does a stoppie, which was bad because there was a undercover cop at the light going the opposite way we were. as we took off one of the new riders thought he would try and do a stand up, thankfully he couldnt and the cop didnt she what he was trying to do because only the person who did the stoppie got the ticket.

i think this next story happened with someone on this board, im on my bike take off from the light and this sti comes up next to me and we take off a bit and then i do a stand up because i'm a ******* and when i set it down, there was a undercover cop right behind me with the lights on. I pulled over got off my bike and he walked up to me and put his hand on my back and said, "that was one hell of a wheelie! too bad it was at the worst time ever..." then we got to talking and i got out of it, not sure how...

I have another one like the last one, just different time different place, you can ask jnorthrup if you want to know about it. It resulted in a warning as well.

thats all i need to say...i'm a slower driver now

34. EggRoll

=[ poor bug eye. We learned our lessons didn't we? Besides now you have a very sexy car.

35. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

well i hate to admit mine but i share a driveway with my neighbors who have a big fence and gate. one day i was backing out and they had their car parked with the door open and i back into the door almost knocking it off the hinges.

36. demong

demong Well-Known Member

Shifting my automatic Geo Prizm like it was a wannabee manual killing the transmission 1 year ago from now.
    Pushing my Geo Prizm to the limits thinking it was a fast car, luckily i'm still here today.
    Lmao

37. hella_sti

hella_sti Well-Known Member

neutral rev-drop shift into drive=mad tite fwd driftodo in my highschool years.

Installed my freshly painted bumper cover on my mint condition prelude (dream car at the time) and then proceed to rear end a toyota pickup truck with a 3 inch tubular steel bumper 2 days later, mega owned.

38. curly2k3

he let me go, asked me what i thought i was doing... and i said i assumed i didnt see the speed limit go up so i was just keeping up with traffic... i said this while in my SVX wearing my Sparco harness, he laughed, told me never to do it again and let me go. :eek4:

39. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Frum Dig with an undercover in EP.

Also, flying down the freeway doing "120+" in my Fiero. (At least that's what he said, my speedo stopped at 110 and it was pegged for a looooong while)
    I got off with a preaching to. :) Still the fastest I ever made it to Sioux Falls.

Also many things.

40. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

I jumped my honda on purpose in a spot where the 4 wheeler guy do it right next to a local highway, infront of a sheriff, into said sheriffs back yard.....

41. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

for all the guys who raced an undercover...what cars were the undercovers in?

42. Skarecrow

and who honked first? :p

43. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

I got pulled over going sideways in front of a police station in the August.

44. curly2k3

black impala ss

45. blackozone

Tell me it had dubs! LOL