Subaru Dealership maintenance worth it?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by 11SWPSTi, Dec 15, 2016.

?

30K Subaru Recommended maintenace worth it?

1. Nope, do it yourself

100.0%
  2. Yes! Save time and trouble

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 11SWPSTi

11SWPSTi Active Member

Hey subaru owners and alike, thought I come here and ask if you think the 30K Subaru recommended maintenance was worth it. I am thinking about having it done but I am considering doing it myself. I am hestitant of doing the transmission flush; thinking about all the work required. I have the funds to have maybe a dealership do it for me; but am afraid of anyone other than me touching this vehicle (sorry it's my baby). Have you done the recommended Subaru Maintanance? What did it cost you? Thanks.

2. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

Unless you have a heated garage I would just have the dealership do it. Saves yourself from being stuck on hard cold garage floor for hours.

Ntxhuav_Khang likes this.
  3. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Also depends on what you are talking about having done. What Subaru recommends for maintenance at the 30,000 mile mark is probably different (and less involved) than what a typical dealer's "30,000 mile Maintenance Package" involves. Look at the details and don't assume the dealer is going to do what the car's manufacturer recommends - quite often those packages are inflated with stuff that the car manufacturer doesn't list in their maintenance schedule.

And yeah, this time of year is not quality garage time for what most people have at their disposal.

idget and silver03 like this.
  4. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

I had my 15k mile checkup done at the dealership. $300. Wasn't that bad.