Subaru District Contact Needed

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Queue, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Queue

Queue Well-Known Member

Greetings,
    Just (Jan. 1170 miles) purchased a new 2014 Outback 3.6 limited and have vibration issues. Dealer replaced one drive shaft but, while the problem is better, I still experience vibrations across the most speeds but, most noticeable around 20mph (2nd to 3rd shift) 45 to 50mph and 60-65mph.

Just had it back to the dealer yesterday (3/10) with no resolution - dealer focused on the torque converter, said the they called the factory tech, and chalked it up to "we don't know what the issue is/we'll need to wait until there is an official bulletin" before doing anything else.

It seems like the drivetrain harmonics are messed up (based on other posts I have read). Just sent an email to SOA but, am hoping someone may have the name of someone, at the corporate level, I might engage.

Thanks!

2. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

There was a recall (or TSB perhaps) on the older 3.6R's, but I don't have any links handy. You may want to search on legacygt.com.

3. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

This will be a stupid question, have they checked all the wheels for balance and if they are straight? Tried rotating the tires front to back to see if the problem persists or changes?
    I was amazed how a little bit of snow on the wheels could throw off the feel of the car.

Nater likes this.
  4. Queue

Queue Well-Known Member

Thanks, just heard from SOA. They are going to have a field service engineer inspect the car. Wish me luck.

5. Queue

Queue Well-Known Member

6. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Good luck, and keep us informed.

7. jdhunter6

jdhunter6 Member

Have them road force the tires