Suggestion On Other Karting Event

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by yosmiley, Mar 1, 2004.

1. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

2. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

That is the place I am in on that one.

3. yosmiley

Matt, have you run at this track before? I'm going to call and find out on pricing and what's required to host an event there.

I'm sure it's gonna cost $ but by asking other local car club to join us... we should be able to bring down the price a bit.

4. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Hey I posted that awhile ago, that was the track that was going to be used for teaching Drifting! Looks great, but I won't go 45min to do Karts, maybe for Drifting ;)

Chong

5. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

I have a friend that works there... I might be able to find out some things! (What should I ask?)

-Jordan

6. yosmiley

Jordan,

Find out about group discount or private reservation for our group for a couple of hours etc...

7. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Find out if they rent karts. It kinda sounds like you need your own kart ro run there. $400 for a full day of karting is REAL cheap. We paid $585 a hour to run at prokart for 1 hour. I have a feeling that you need your own kart to run there. Hopefully they rent karts, but the price is probably over and above the other fees.

Russ

8. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

sounds fun.....why is it that I always miss this events...too much $$$.

9. Musashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LVT

sounds fun.....why is it that I always miss this events...too much $$$.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Lue,

Well if you come and work at the AARRF event you can earn both knowledge and the track day just for being a Staff worker. You can not believe how much you will gain from being at the events as a participant on the track. If you come this season I will personally give you a ride. Sorry about last time.

Chong

10. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

chong,

i'm down with that...just let me know on the next event. the extra cash would be nice but being there is much more fun. Watchin how poeple take the turns and their lines just makes me wanat to be out there running as well. hopefully i'll be able to compete in the fall sessions if it's extended like last years events. also it's kool about last time..not enough helmets.....just let me know on the dates or sign me up in advance.

11. Musashi

Lue,

I have posted the 2004 AARRF Season schedule in the Event Discussion. Watch and learn from others, what the good ones and keep your eyes on the bad ones, they will help you save big money.

A suggestion would be double up as drivers with Fuji, say for example you guys work a couple of events, and you guys would be allowed to run a event for free. Last I heard it was something like you work two events and run one. If its cool your Fuji you both can learn from driving his car or what ever you want to do.

Chong

12. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

There's a good chance I'll be able to join you guys this time. :)

13. Musashi

:mad::???:Fong Sai Yuk,

Unless you were pregnant and having a baby, I dont know how you could of not joined us before. But I'm not going push ya, I know some of use dont have it.

Chong :D;):eek:)}:)[xx(]

14. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mushashi

Lue,

I have posted the 2004 AARRF Season schedule in the Event Discussion. Watch and learn from others, what the good ones and keep your eyes on the bad ones, they will help you save big money.

A suggestion would be double up as drivers with Fuji, say for example you guys work a couple of events, and you guys would be allowed to run a event for free. Last I heard it was something like you work two events and run one. If its cool your Fuji you both can learn from driving his car or what ever you want to do.

Chong
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sounds good. but no license yet until oct. :( so it'll be til then when i start competing. but i'm good just working there helping out.

15. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I talked to one of the owners of this place at the auto show, and they don't rent karts.:( He said they are trying to work something out for this summer, but it didn't sound to good. But hey, if everyone goes out and buys a $6000+ kart we can go.

Russ