Sunday drives?

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by bikerboy, Oct 5, 2004.

1. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Well here we are again at the end of another summer. :( Last year a few of us did some drives, down to Wabasha back through Wisconsin.

Do we want to start these again?

Meet 9-10? go for a 4 hour drive?

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I'll go as long as I can ride shotgun with someone, I hate taking long trips when I'm the only one in the car, might fall a sleep. :D And depends when you have in mind. :p

C

3. bikerboy

The last navigator I had was screaming to slow down so she didnt get sick, are you next Chong? :p

4. Musashi

BRING IT, SUNSHINE! }:):p:p:p

Requesting 110% as usual!

C

5. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

humm....THIS Sunday? heheh maybe.....Chong, care to go behind teh wheel of the Mao Wagon?

6. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I'm game :D

7. Musashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by FuJi K

heheh maybe.....Chong, care to go behind teh wheel of the Mao Wagon?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks Fuji but we're not exactly at a track event. I'd hate to lose it off a WI cliff with one of my famous AWD show drifts and then the Scooby dude may never get to see OB1 vs Mushashi.

C

8. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I'll be in town, and interested, but I'm not sure what you guys have in mind. Will the GL be able to keep up? I'm guessing not, but me and a guest might be interested in riding with someone if they're willing, but I'll have to ask her about what she thinks of aggressive driving.

9. Musashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chux

I'll have to ask her about what she thinks of aggressive driving.

NOT, dont worry OB1 is leading this pack, you can expect it to be like a nice Sunday fall drive around the lakes where the road is layout in front. If anything its more like Fall COLOR sight seeing. I think the really question is does she mind sitting with you for 4 hours!

I dont think we wanna make it on the news like the rest of the speed monkeys.

C

10. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

no fare....me all along down here....all the suby are down south....or by bay area....

11. Musashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by subi_2.5rs

no fare....me all along down here....all the suby are down south....or by bay area....

Yeah I feel soo..........................SAD for ya! NOT :D If you hurry back up to MN maybe you just might make it in time before we take off. :eek:)

12. yosmiley

Don't worry about having a slow ride or non-Subaru car. Everyone is welcome to join, drive what ever makes you feel comfortable. Last year we had about 4 to 6 cars that came out.

I'll bring my radio and those who has one should bring there's as well. It'll help in case the slower folks fall behind.

It's more of an enjoyable drive then an all out race to get from one point to another. We're out to enjoy the scenery and weather or what's left of it before the snow hit.

Matt, any suggestion on the route we should take. We could either take the same route as last year or go through Stillwater to Taylors Fall and out to Wild Moutains and back.

Anyone with any good twisty road or idea is welcome to brain storm here. I'm sure Matt will give us an enjoyable route as last year. Getting lost and going through road we've never been to is the best in my opinion.

Reminds me of the poem by Robert Frost- "Road Less Traveled" :D

13. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Hmm..sounds like a perfect time to bring a chick along....

I'm in, I have nothing else better to do.

14. bikerboy

I have several routes we can take I just need to mark them out on the map and need a Navigator to read them out.

left over crest dont cut }:)

15. igofast

igofast New Member

Don't forget: Turn Left or Die! :)

I'll try to make it, when and where?

16. yosmiley

Last fall we met at the Border shop on University and Hamline over at Midway across from the old Mervins and Target store.

Matt, you make the call and we're there.

17. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

whoa, what day is this happening? i missed the start of the thread. this sounds cool. anyone been down by lansboro? there some fun hilly roads down there.

18. Musashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

need a Navigator to read them out.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That would be ME! Eagle Scout with map & compass merit badge! Sign me up! :D

19. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Yang

Hmm..sounds like a perfect time to bring a chick along....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's exactly what I was thinking, but she has to work at 1, so she's out, which probably means I'm out, sorry, there's almost nothing I'd rather do than go for a drive in some sweet cars. almost ;)

If I do go, martin, would you like a co-driver? Oh, yea, and it's this sunday morning.

20. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

eeeEEEErrrRRRrrrr....

Church people have church in the mornings....Johnny boy probably can't make it right? ....My chick might still be in church:(....Well, I guess I have to go look for another chick, if you guys see me with a chick then my goal is accomplish at the U of M, if not then you know what she said..

21. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

Who calls my name??!!

Yup, I have Church in the morning...maybe I can skip it but my "friend" would not be happy....

I want to try out my set up :D:D

I remember last year when we did this......I was the last in the pack

22. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dynapar

whoa, what day is this happening? i missed the start of the thread. this sounds cool. anyone been down by lansboro? there some fun hilly roads down there.

No I have not been down to Lansboro. If you would like to put together a map we can look it over on sunday and choose where we want to go.

23. bikerboy

So it seems like we have a good amount of interest. Shall we say meet at 9am? leave at 9:30?

come prepared with a full tank of gas and diaper's if your Chong!

24. Musashi

Dont tell me its this Sunday! I already have plans to go with the EVO group. I was hoping for at least next Sunday! }:)

25. bikerboy

Where is the evo group going?

traider

26. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Mr.C, take the evo along:p

27. yosmiley

Alright, did he say EVO... let's crash the party! :p

I checked on evolutionm.net and there's no post in there for a Minnesota event this Sunday?

28. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

hmm, i believe i am free on sunday. chuxors you wanna be my navigator? it may be a bumpy ride with new suspension. please dont plan a trip where the roads suck!

musashi are you really an eagle scout?

so chux are you in town this weekend?

29. Musashi

OOPS did I say Evo, I ment the Federation! I'm suppose to keep it hash hash. But since we're all such great friends and all. They are trying to recruit me into their Dark Forces. So this Sunday will not work for me. If you want a real highly qualified Navigator make it next Sunday! ;)

Dynapar: Troop 100 15th Eagle Scout

30. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dynapar

so chux are you in town this weekend?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I am, for the Gingerjake concert Saturday evening, and would like to come, but I'm not sure if I can, if so there will be one more person ;). She's going to try to switch out of work, and if she can, we'll both be there. Still have room martin? otherwise, I'm sure we can figure it out that morning. Where would we be meeting?

31. yosmiley

With or with out the Evo (federation) as Chong calls it... I think the Subie is still going to stroll with this coming Sunday event.

Matt, what's your call? Where shall we meet?

32. bikerboy

Chong: What is the deal? are the evo guys going for a drive?

no bs just yes or no

33. Musashi

NO, sorry I got into my Starwars talking again. As much as I'd like to go with my Scooby friends this weekend I already have plans. You guys have fun. Maybe another time. :cool:

34. bikerboy

still cant answer yes or no if the evo guys are going for a drive :(!

35. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

sounds like fun, i'm game....

36. Musashi

OB1..........NO the Evo's are not driving! how's that. my bad.

37. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

Sound like we have a traitor on our hand....:D

38. Musashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by John16V

Sound like we have a traitor on our hand....:D

You have no idea, you'll never know when its going to happen; every key you turn, every drive you take, every new person you meet. hahahahahhaha :D }:)

39. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

So is this a race or a drive? Seems the way your talking its a big race or something?? Talking about diapers and such?:???:

40. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

Matt.....what about you get everyone's opinions first and roads marked out and we all choose 1 of maybe 3 then we go next Sunday. That way Chong gets to go. ...just suggesting....please don't hurt me...

41. bikerboy

<font size="4">This is not a race just a spirited drive</font id="size4">

Fuji: I will have a route set-up. I would like to go next weekend as well.

42. Musashi

OB1......make that TWO for next weekend! :D