Swap meet + car show.. INFO POSTED

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by jprice, Apr 15, 2004.

1. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

MNAudi is cordially inviting MNSubaru to a BBQ/lunch, swap meet, and car show. May 1st from Noon to 5, in Rockford MN. All attendees are welcome to enter into the car show!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Enthusiasts!

This e-mail is to inform you of an event on May 1st, the Minnesota Audi Club lunch, swap meet, and car show!

When: May 1st, Noon to 5PM
    Where: D&M Performance, Rockford, MN (details and directions below)

This will be a pretty laid back event, where you'll have plenty of time to walk around looking at cars and chatting with your fellow car enthusiasts! Volksport, MNSubaru, and MNVolvo clubs have been invited as well! Don't be shy, introduce yourself!

Lunch: Soda and Chips will be provided (while supplies last) for lunch. We are attempting to get several grills going so you can bring burgers and such and cook them up!

Swap Meet: Bring all those spare car parts you have sitting around that you don't need! Trade, sell, or give away your stuff! If you make custom parts, or do other custom car work, please come and share with everyone what you're doing!

Car Show: If you would like to compete in the car show, please e-mail [email protected] , and send your car information along with your name. You must be there before 1PM to be in the show! We will be willing to make some last minute entries, but please just send an e-mail so we can have an idea of the space we need to "rope off" for the show cars! We need many cars from each make! The judges will be the attendees! One car from each make will be selected as winners, prizes T.B.A.

3821 Gilbert Av SE
    Rockford, MN 55373
    Phone# 612-242-8969
    Directions:
    494 to Hwy 55 West
    Go west on 55 for 15 miles into Rockford
    1 mile past the bridge in town, turn right onto Bleck Dr, right at a church
    Then take another right onto Gilbert Ave (dirt, but just for 1 block)
    Follow the road past the church and it's the first house/shop on the left

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

-Jordan
    Minnesota Audi Club

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Jordan,

(there will not be a most ricey conversion, so Mushashi you can forget entering )

What you talking about.........Mushashi is anything but RICEY! :D I dont do side shows, I'm all about High speed cornering! }:)

Maybe I dont wanna come to your BBQ anymore. :eek:)

Chong

3. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

haha.. Chong, it's ok, we like your rice! ;-)

(you know I'm kiddin man! You better come! :-p )

4. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Cool! Putting this on the calendar.

5. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, sounds like fun. :D

6. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Sounds like a fun way to meet many of you guys. I hope to be attending

7. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

sounds tempting...i might be able to make it...

8. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

ok...tell me more info..like the direction so i can bring the tires...thanks.

9. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Info added to first post in this thread!

I hope to see a lot of you guys out there. Subies need to REPRESENT!! Also, please consider entering the car show!

I'll be at the event early, but can someone set up a MNSubaru caravan out there?

Thanks!

10. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

ok thanks....umm...i dont know how you look like....but i'll be driving a white 2.5rs with black projectors headlights.....with a inpreza L tail....thanks..

11. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by subi_2.5rs

ok thanks....umm...i dont know how you look like..<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Here I am with my car:
    [​IMG]

Ok, not really, but how sweet would that be!?

Here's me (be warned, scroll at your own risk, and don't say I didn't warn you!):
    [​IMG]

Here's my ride:
    [​IMG]

Here's my old ride (and me again... sorry):
    [​IMG]

12. Musashi

Hey thats the guy from America's Most wanted on Fox9

[​IMG]

I guess I better come to the BBQ and get that reward! }:):D:p

13. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

hmm..i think i've seen you before..but thanks.....hope this plan of mines works out....

14. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

So, who's going??? We have to show support for our subaru!!!!

15. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

John, I'll be there for a short while. If you're interested... swing by to meet up with the rest of the guys on mnaudi as well as volksport.

16. John16V

I am going, I just wanted go as a group }:)

17. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by John16V

I am going, I just wanted go as a group }:)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

John, nobody wants to hang with you man... you got girl kudies now. LOL... sure we'll park in our own little group of two or three subies. I can picture the guys asking us to take a photo shoot of all the Audi and VW surrounding us, LOL.

Back to back mang, we fight to the death. :D

18. John16V

What girl kudies?!?!? Is nothing serious with this girl..we
    are just friend..as so with many female I have now. Just friend
    Vic what time are you heading upthere on Sat.???

19. yosmiley

John, it's a good hour drive so I'm going to start about 11. Not sure if there's lunch provided so if I were you... I'd bring lunch or get lunch on the way. If you want to meet and drive there together, that's fine too. Just let me know where to meet you.

I'll bring the camera along so Jordan... make space for me... or give me plenty of space on this server to host the images.

Thanks.

20. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

We need more volunteers to show subies!! C'mon guys.. show your subie pride!

21. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

if fong's brother would lend me his gc6...i could enter with that...:p

but anyway.....you guys want to meet up somewhere before we head out or just meet up there? i know fuji and lee are with me..so that's two subarus...

22. Neef

Neef New Member

i'll take my car there. I'll even enter if I knew how.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tony

23. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Neef:

Looking good! How quick have you got it running now?

To enter, just shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] with some car info and your name. :)

24. Neef

Neef New Member

i havent ran it yet, hopefully soon. i'll email ya now.

25. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Anyone want to start a pool of how many people say they'll go and then back out the day before?

26. John16V

I am in!!!!

27. Musashi

Glad you made it Tony 8D

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Neef

i'll take my car there. I'll even enter if I knew how.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tony

28. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I am heading down to this. Are you guys gonna meet up to head to this or just go on your own. Is there a area in the competition for custom sub enclousure? :p Thats about all I gots for now but soon I will expand.

29. Musashi

Where are we meeting for this BBQ?

30. John16V

Can we meet somewhere near 494 please?!?!?!!?

LJ

31. yosmiley

Update:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zola

Anyone want to start a pool of how many people say they'll go and then back out the day before?

Joel, I'll make you happy... here goes:

yosmiley
    neef
    john16v
    subie_2.5rs
    lvt
    fuji
    mushashi
    mnautomatic

Joel, I'll make you even happier... only 3 of whom I named will show up LOL. or maybe at the last minute... just me :p hehehe

32. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I live right next to 494 practically. What about the McDonalds in wayzata cause it would take two seconds from there to get to 55, and not far from there to rockford. I live in wayzata by the way so I can get us to 55 without jogging back up to 494. That is my suggestion but I will go anywhere as not many veterans on the boards will prolly wanna listen to a 17 year old kid

33. yosmiley

Those who wants to ride out together to the meet... I don't know how you all want to do this... IMHO:

If you live in the West part of the Twin Cities (Mpls, St. Michael (Chong's situation) or Suburbs). It's better that you guys setup your own little get together and head out there. The reason is because I wouldn't want to waste your time coming back towards St. Paul for my little bandwagon here. It would be a waste of time and gas. If you want to... I'll be more then happy to have you join me.

Those in St. Paul and in the East side of the twin cities. If you want to meet... I'll be at the Borders Book store on University Ave. I'll wait till 11:15 AM, then head out.

If no one is interested in riding out together, that's fine with me also. We can just all meet up at Rockford.

John, I can't have a meet on 494 because that's out of the way. I'm taking Hwy 94 to Hwy 394 then onto Hwy 169 N towards Hwy 55, then from Hwy 55 W to our destination.

Who's entering into the Auto Show event? At least we need a few Subie with some mods to be involved. I'm all stock so it's not worth entering my car.

34. yosmiley

mnautomatic,

I think it's better that you head out to Rockford and we'll meet you there. Unless you want to go out of your way and meet up with us in St. Paul.

I can't think of any place that would be easier for us to meet unless you know of a good spot.

Here's my route because I'm coming in from St. Paul:

Hwy94
    Hwy394
    Hwy169
    Hwy55
    Destintation

Any opinion and suggestion is greatly appreciated... I'm all ears.

35. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I can meet you guys somewhere on 55. Dont wanna be the lone WRX showing up on his own. I would be willing to meet anywhere along 55 after 494. so, any suggestions? I think the movie theatre would be a good place on 55 but yeah, just a suggestion.

36. yosmiley

Sounds good... I'll look for you by the movie theatre on Hwy 55. I'll be in a Blue 04 WRX.

37. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

There's Vic talking about his wannabe WRX again...
    I would like to make it, too, but my schedule's always... never correct. I've no choice but to show up on my own because I'm coming from the north. Lue, if you want to drive my brother's GC6, you can be my guest... but you'll need a little bribing to get him going. :D

38. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Alright, I will chill there until about 11:30 as it wont take long from there to get out to rockford. Atleast I dont think but ya never know. I got a few audi boys rollin with me so just look for a small pack of us all sittin there but if they dont come with I will be there in my lone blue 03 WRX. I got a pretty cool looking sub box but thats about it so I dont think I will be entering but if ya all think otherwise I may consider it

39. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

vic i garantee that im coming so it just not you....with out me and fuji lue aint going no where..:p..so where are you guys actually meeting at cuz im going too....gots lots of parts to sell off....

40. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Plymouth Mann cinema 12 at highway 55 and vicksburg. I will be there between 11:15 and 11:30 cause I dont think it will take that long from there to get out there. I will map quest it sometime today and edit this post with time from the theatre.

41. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

Vic, why don't you just go from 394 west all the way to 494, then north to 55? That's how we go to L. Rebecca Park Reserve for fishing.

42. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by FuJi K

Vic, why don't you just go from 394 west all the way to 494, then north to 55? That's how we go to L. Rebecca Park Reserve for fishing.

Fuji, that's a good idea, that route is possible. Which ever is faster is fine by me.

John, are you heading out by yourself... cause if no one needs to head out together then I'll just go out and meet the other guys in Plymouth.

If you guys want to ride out together from the East side of town then I'll wait at Borders book store on Univ...

43. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

ok vic..lets all meet at borders...cuz i want a lot of car rolling down there....all subaru's....

44. John16V

Okay, I will meet you guys at borders on Uni...I have to pick up a friend (is a guy) at peking anyway. What time should we meet????

LJ

45. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by John16V

Okay, I will meet you guys at borders on Uni...I have to pick up a friend (is a guy) at peking anyway. What time should we meet????

LJ

John, come on man... why a guy... can't you have a girl with you for once. It's all good... just giving you a hard time as always... hey, what are older brothers for right LOL.