Talk me down

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Soupboy, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

any good reason *not* to pursue this tasty Foz?

2. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Other than the fact it was in an accident and is pretty highly modified? Frankly, I'd say if you don't know what the reasons not to touch it would be, that's the biggest reason not to touch it. Kind of like buying a salvage car. If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't buy it...

Maybe give a ring to RS and see what they can tell you about it?

3. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

Thanks. The crash and mods are obvious concerns.

I should have been more clear - anyone personally aware of this vehicle? If so, have you been it or driven it yourself?

4. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

It's got Isaac's name on it. According to playground rules, that would make it his no matter what.

5. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Price is a little high to me, I paid 14k for a 05 foz xt with 30k miles on it 2 years ago. Obviously, this one has a nice built motor, good mods and a 6 speed conversion, I guess it depends how much you value the 6 speed. I won't even open that can of worms in this thread, but keep in mind you could buy a foz for 12-13 and have 7k to build it the way you want it (if you can find a MT one of course).

6. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

That being said, if I had 20k I would buy it and run e85 in it *grin* I love both my foresters

7. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

20k? No thanks. Unless you plan on building the car for the track, I see no point in giving some asshole 7-8k extra for his built block. What did he even need that for anyway? An 18g? Really? If I had to choose, I'd find a stock FXT and mod it myself with the money I saved...again, you can slap an 18g and injectors into a stock block FXT and tune it for a lot less than 20k.

Mr.Tran likes this.
  8. retreif

retreif Well-Known Member

I would lurk some more looking for that late model STI.

9. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

soupboy has returned? car's not worth it in my opinion either, you can get some nicely done foz's for a lot less