***Tax Brake Rallycross April 13th - H & Z Tree Farms***

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by RexNEffect, Mar 26, 2013.

?

Are you coming?

1. Already signed up the minute registration was open!

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Hell yes! Next website I'm going to is registration!

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Just got to wait to get paid, and I'm in!

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Possible, if I can convince someone to let me have fun with their car.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Definitely will be there, but just to see what it's all about and/or cheer on a friend.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. Maybe, we'll see.

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  7. Nah, I don't even like it when my car has to drive on salty roads.

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Here we go again, folks! The 2013 SCCA Land O' Lakes Rallycross season will be kicking off Saturday, April 13th at the brand-new venue, H & Z Tree Farms, in Hastings, MN! For those of you with a dirty and competitive side, come out and show us your skills on a timed dirt course. This is a great venue for beginner drivers as it is an open course with soft dirt, and the safety stewards do a great job at keeping the course smooth with good flowing lines. Come out, join the fun, and get your adrenaline pumping! The cost of entry is cheap, and your daily-driven car is all you need. This is a great way to get some seat time in on an unpaved surface, and to really see what your car can do!
    Not sure if you want to try it? Come out with an approved helmet, and ride along for FREE to experience it first-hand. Just ask around, and you'll find a willing driver in no-time to let you ride-along.

WHAT IS RALLYCROSS?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCCA_RallyCross

WHO CAN COMPETE?Anyone with a driver’s license and a hard topped car that can pass tech inspection.

Most people use their daily drivers with snow tires, but all-season tires work too and have gotten people on the podium. Cars range from a stock Ford Focus to a heavily modified Subaru Impreza ready for stage rally and everything in between.

SCHEDULE:
    9:00AM – REGISTRATION AND TECH OPEN
    10:00AM- REGISTRATION CLOSES
    10:15AM- DRIVERS MEETING
    10:30AM- RUNS START
    We will break for lunch around noon
    ~5:00PM - Awards

H & Z Tree Farm
    17994 Michael Avenue
    Hastings,MN55033
    Check the following link for directions:
    http://www.hztreefarm.com/contact---directions.php
    There will be signs up to direct you as well when you get close.

All competitors are urged to register and pre-pay no later than 5PM on the Friday leading to the event. There must be a minimum of 15 PAID registrants before the registration deadline or the event will be cancelled. Payment transactions will not take place until the event is confirmed on Friday so if the event gets canceled, you keep your money.

Fees:
    Online Entry Fee: $45.00
    Day of Entry Fee: $55.00
    Weekend SCCA Membership: $15.00
    (The weekend membership can be used as a $15 discount on a full SCCA membership)

Driver must have either a full SCCA membership or weekend SCCA membership to compete.

To register and Pay:
    http://msreg.us/TaxBrakeRallycross2013

RULES:
    All competitors and spectators must sign the official SCCA Waiver of Liability.
    All minors present must have a minor waiver filled out. Form can be downloaded, printed in color and filled here: http://www.scca-lol.org/rally/rallyx/rxinfo.php
    All competitors MUST work the course as a condition of event entry.
    All competitors must have an FRS Radio, radios cannot be shared between competitors.
    All competitors must have a Snell/M2000 or newer helmet. Loaner helmets are available but the quantity is limited.
    Passengers will be allowed if waivered and wearing an approved helmet.
    See official rules here: http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2012 RallyCross Rules-revised.pdf

Cars will be checked for the following items, please make sure your car passes all the listed items before the event.
    ·All loose items, inside and outside the car (including the trunk and storage areas) removed
    ·Snap‐on hub caps and other detachable accessories (e.g. fender skirts, trim rings) removed
    ·Convertible, targa or t‐top vehicles must have their factory hard top panels securely in place
    ·Lug nuts tight, correctly installed, none missing
    ·Tires in good condition (no cords or belts showing, no cracks, etc.)
    ·Seat belt(s) present and properly attached
    ·Positive throttle return
    ·No excessive leaks (engine running)
    ·No “spinner knobs”
    ·Brakes in proper working order
    ·Wheel bearings, steering and suspension in good working order
    ·Battery tightly secured, positive terminal insulated
    ·Helmet rated Snell SA2000/M2000 (or newer), BS 6658‐85 type AF/R or SFI 31.1
    ·Passed sound
    ·FRS Radio (Channel 8-0)

Classes are Stock, Prepared, and Modified and then each class is divided up into FWD, RWD, and AWD. See official rules for car classing.

SEASON SCHEDULE:
    http://www.scca-racing.com/blog/bid/239899/SCCA-RallyCross-Series-schedule-Come-Join-Us

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

Don't let a crappy civic win the event this time, come out and show that Subaru is the dominant force in rallycross!!!!

3. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Voted :D

Unfortunately I probably won't be racing this time, but I may stop by to spectate!

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

You should race...jus sayin.

5. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Co-drive? Although I'd hate to beat you in your own car :p

6. tangledupinblu

Wouldn't be the first time that that has happened!

7. 02_Rexxxy

02_Rexxxy Active Member

NO! Just so happens to fall on a drill weekend :( Next time!

8. tangledupinblu

AWOL...

9. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Ah I'm just playin'!

10. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

He's not. I seen it!

11. tangledupinblu

Ask him how he knows!

Rally rally rally!!!

12. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

sorry I am out for this event! next one hopefully though!

13. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

I could break your car in for you... :)

14. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

you have your own now lol!

15. RexNEffect

Be sure to bring some extra cash for hot dogs, chips, and pop that will be served at the site!

Planning to wake Aqua Thunder up this Sunday to get him prepped for the season. Couple of flat tires and likely a dead battery, plus an oil change and exhaust install is already on the list. Pete, you're welcome to co-drive with me if you want.

16. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

:bounce:

17. wrxwied

wrxwied Member

If I break down, would there be folks on stie willing to help put my car back together to get me back to Duluth?

18. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

Everybody there is usually really friendly and willing to help someone out if needed, I bring a jack and a basic set of tools to every event in case something happens and I'm more than willing to let other people use them.

19. wrxwied

wrxwied Member

Cool. I keep a decent set of tools in the trunk too, but I'm definitely not as knowledgable as I'm sure most of the people there that have been around Subarus for years. I'm not too worried, as I had the car by RS Motors a few months ago and got her all buttoned up.

I also just got someone to pickup my Saturday overnight shift on the 13th, so I won't have to race back up to Duluth afterwards, and can probably even run home to Rochester to throw the summer tires back on after playing in the dirt.

Couple other questions- Not sure what I have for a "Helmet rated Snell SA2000/M2000 (or newer), BS 6658‐85 type AF/R or SFI 31.1" or an "FRS radio"

I'll have to call down to Rochester tomorrow and see what my Dad has in the garage...

20. tangledupinblu

There are usually a few "loaner helmets" and an frs or two that you can probably borrow also! ;)

21. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Looks like fun. Not sure if I can make the date, but I will try.

Sadly my car will be sitting out this season (or at least the first part).

22. RexNEffect

Check the helmets for a ratings badge. It's usually on the inside, and sometimes underneath the liner.

For those on the fence about signing up and paying, just remember your credit card will NOT be charged until after the Friday night deadline when we know there are enough entries to put on the event. So, don't worry about waiting for a refund to come back if it's cancelled since you won't be charged anyways.

23. DanFran

DanFran Active Member

I'd love to co-pilot if anyone was willing. Otherwise I'll just spectate! Not sure if I want to subject the '13 to rallyX yet.....

24. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

I would need to co-drive someone else's car to come. Right now I'm on my spare after popping a winter tire over a pothole heading down I35 (yay). Unfortunately the tread is low on these winters, so I would need 4 new tires. However, the next set of tires I'm buying for the car are summers since I tossed my last worn out set back in the fall. I won't have a rally-x car until I fix up my old 02 Forester, but i have a 318i in the queue to fix first.

25. RexNEffect

If you're a first-timer, you most likely won't push your car hard enough to worry about anything. The worse damage we come across on a regular basis is tires debeading because people forget to check their air pressure between run sets (grass and dirt can get stuck in the bead and slowly deflate the tire). The other thing we notice is people bringing lowered cars **ahem, Martin ;)** and their bumper/fenders bottoming out and "repositioning". So, if your car isn't lowered and you don't have a body kit on it, no need to worry about that.

UPDATES!
    We will likely have some special guests connected with Subaru coming out to see what we're all about! They will likely want to ride along, so this is your chance to show them why we love to play dirty.

Also, Discount Tire was gracious enough to donate some prizes for us to hand out!

26. DanFran

DanFran Active Member

I'm in - - this looks like a blast.

27. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

Well, if I fix my misfire issue (coilpack and fresh plugs on order), I will come out. I found Tirerack's selling closeout Xi2 tires for cheap, so I'm content buying a new winter set early for this.

RexNEffect likes this.
  28. MNBD

MNBD Member

After talking to Josh tonight I'm going to try to get out there to spectate! I haven't given the DSLR a good workout in a while.

RexNEffect likes this.
  29. wrxwied

wrxwied Member

Is this too low for this course?

[​IMG]

Kinda worried, especially if we get snow and it get's too muddy...

30. RexNEffect

Looks a bit lowered, especially in the rear. I can't guarantee it won't bottom out. How far from stock height is it?

31. RexNEffect

Only a few days left to register! We are less than halfway to the amount of entries we need, so please join up if you are still on the fence. This new venue is nice and flat, and fresh!

32. wrxwied

wrxwied Member

A bit? I don't know really, I bought it as it sits now. The previous owner had Crucial Racing Springs and adjustable Tokico D-Specs on the mod list. From searching, all I could find is one site showing a 1.25" front/.9" rear drop with the Crucial Racing Springs. :unsure:

33. MNBD

MNBD Member

Well that would suck we didn't get enough people. :/ I had a whole car full of people wanting to come shoot photos and video.

34. RexNEffect

To be honest, I'm not an expert when it comes to suspension. Backroadrunner knows a lot about suspension and hopefully he can chime in. I do know the site will not be nearly as soft as Cannon Falls, so berms and ruts should not be as much of an issue.

35. RexNEffect

If you know of anywhere else we could advertise the event, you're free to copy and paste this info there. And of course, word of mouth is a powerful factor.

36. MNBD

MNBD Member

That's good to know. I will definitely spread the word as much as I can!

37. MNBD

MNBD Member

If enough people are signed up, do we run rain or shine?

38. RexNEffect

We don't run in the rain, due to conditions could get too muddy and safety for the workers. So if the forecast looks like 100% rain, we will inform everyone of the cancellation. Otherwise, we make a decision that morning.

39. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

Yup! We cancel if there's lightning or if the course degrades to the point it's not drivable for a stock fwd car with all seasons.

40. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

It's supposed to be clear on Saturday anyways, a bit chilly, but at least they aren't saying snow. Should be good conditions, nice dense air for your turbo chargers to suck. The ground will probably be pretty wet so dust won't be an issue. Let's get signed up so we can confirm the event, only 3 days away.

41. wrxwied

wrxwied Member

^ Registered and got this message:

[​IMG]

Something not quite updated from the last event I take it?

42. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us know, it should be fixed now.

And you are registered for the tax brake rallycross, not the dirty jack o lantern like the receipt said or Oktoberfest rallycross like email confirmation said.

wrxwied and SurlyOldManMN like this.
  43. MNBD

MNBD Member

Sweet! I hope this is still going on!!!!

44. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

You should be fine. I have been running close to a 2" drop on my GC for the past few seasons. I have not had any issues (under normal racing conditions) with bottoming out. Now driving slow through the paddock and getting high centered has been problematic for me...

If the course is more solid than Canon Falls there should be no issues at all.

45. RexNEffect

Thanks, Martin. It's definitely more solid than Cannon Falls.

There's only 6 hours left to register! Avoid paying the $10 late fee tomorrow! Remember, if the event is cancelled for any reason, you will receive a refund promptly. If it's cancelled due to lack of entries, your account won't even be charged.

We will be checking out the site this afternoon to see how this freak winter storm affected it, and will post up here how it looks. I'm guessing really sloppy and wet, kinda like how the March events usually are. Which should make for a muddy good time!