Teh Great Wakaba JDM FS/WTB Thread

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by Wakaba, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Wakaba

Wakaba BANNED

This is how I work things.

Slinging parts is not my primary job, I wish it were, I would be making a pile more than I do now, but it's not. Since my wife is already back in the twin cities, I have nothing but time on my hands to surf the net, pluck through countless used parts shops, and fight with junk yard owners for parts. I do this in my free time, and with my job as the logistical and administrative guru there is limited quantities of that. I have been doing this for people in a number of car circles, and speak the language of engine/trans/chassis codes. Because I look at damn near every scrap part, and remember prices and places, I pretty much know the going rate for damn near anything. If I don't know, I can always look for it. Now there are a couple of stipulations in me finding you parts...

1: If it is a new part from Subaru (or anyone) I need a JDM part number. There are a billion different trim levels, models, etc based on the same car. Because of this I either need the title to that car, or a part number to order the parts.

2: If you want a part, say, a STi Ver IV front grill with red logo, I honestly don't know which one that is exactly. I could spend my life learning the finer points of one model of car, and all the different parts throughout the chassis generation. PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES. The more you can get me, and the more detailed, the better the chances I have to find what you want.

3: Shipping is taken care of by me. It will cost you less then you think, and get to you faster then you could imagine. I will discuss these options when we discuss pricing.

4. Pricing is non-negotiable. Please do not try to haggle me. I know what I have, and I know what it is worth. MN Subaru gets a 0% markup, so the price is as low as I can go. Low-Ballers will be openly mocked.

I take the price of what ever it is I buy and add a couple things...
    a. Shipping to me (if any) to include tolls to go pick the parts up
    b. bank transfer/wire fees to sellers, shops, etc.
    c. professional packing for the trip to you
    d. gopher fees. This is baised on how much I need to work to get your parts. Make it easy for me, and I make it good for you ;)
    e. actual shipping to you. shipping is done on a guestimation basis. I have shipped a ton of parts, and pretty much can figure out what it will cost +/- 10% so if the shipping tags on the box don't match my figures I am not ripping you off, that's just the way it happens.

5. Payment is taken through Pay-Pal in US Dollars only. This is part because of the ease of payment, and part because that is my fun money account

6. I can only send packages in a box up to 107 linear inches (Length + Girth) and no more than 70 lbs. Please keep this in mind. I can work a deal for large items, such as the Miata hard top sitting next to me, but this is a few and far between thing. NO BODY KITS! I hate everything they stand for, and like crack, I will not support someone else's habit!

7. Wheels are sent in pairs, so a full set will be two packages. Sometimes these packages get separated in the mail, but they eventually make it to you. I CAN NOT send tires, there are regulations against the use of non-DOT stamped tires in the US. Because of this they are heavily screened in customs. Plus they weigh a ton, and any money you would save in the price from here, will be washed out by the shipping charges. IF the wheels I find for you are mounted with tires, there will be a $24 charge for me to pull the tires off and dispose of them. Expect that tacked onto your quote.

8. Sometimes I will find a great deal, and I will pounce on it. I will then post them for sale here first. Please understand that I am not a warehouse, and I can't stock parts. I will post them here and give MN Subaru the first crack at the parts. If there is no money in my account in 5 days, they hit eBay for about 100% more then I sell them here for. I also work off the system of dibs. If you call dibs on an item, be ready to pay up. Please don't call dibs, then say "I need to wait for my tax return, but I really want the part" Cash in hand is what I preach. This doesn't mean I am the devil, I understand that things happen, and I understand you want to make payments. If this is the case, contact me privately and I will make arrangements with you on OTHER parts that are similar. You may not get this item, but I will do my best to accommodate you.

9. 90% of the parts are USED, so don't expect a perfect set of Gram Lights for under $1500. I can get them yes, but they are going to cost you. Wheels tend to have a small amount of curb rash, scratches, or nicked stickers. This is how I get them so cheap. All of this can be easily fixed by wheel refinishers in the states for a couple hundred dollars a set. I will do my very best to photograph all minor damages to the wheels in high res, so you know what you are getting.

I am not making any form of profit off MN Subaru members. Other people yes, no issues with that. Please don't abuse this. I don't need to be seeing the parts you buy from me on eBay three days later. This will cause me to stop giving you all first crack at parts at my cost. Don't be that guy!

2. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

jdm v7 intake manifolds...as many as you can get. :)

3. Frogy

Frogy Well-Known Member

I want a rear window washer/wiper for a 02 up sedan!

4. Taras

Taras BANNED

BugI JDM projector light PLEASE! And a wrb gda(bugi) sti grill. Will pay asap. If you can find me a vf39 or a comparable turbo and inter cooler i will buy it right way. I am not a low baller. Thanks, Taras

5. Wakaba

Wakaba BANNED

Justin - manifold alone or with sensors, TB, etc?

Frogy - Glass is PITA and too big for shipping, hit me up on AIM

Taras - Bug eye lights have to be purchased brand spanking new. I can dig into this if you like, but it is going to cost $$$$ and did you want HID or normal bulbs? On the grill Which badge are you looking for, the Subaru constellation, or the impreza "I"? If you want the I badge, I can get you one right now, with WRB trim for $175 shipped.

6. Taras

Taras BANNED

175 is not a bad price i guess. yeah i bet the lights are costly. So thats fine. I am really much more interested in a turbo right now. Do you think you could get me something for under 300? Thanks.

7. Ej22TIM

Ej22TIM Well-Known Member

8. Wakaba

Wakaba BANNED

the 175 is with the buy it now price, it looks like I can get it cheaper, maybe $120... is that a bit better for you?

I will look for the turbo, the issue is finding a used one that has no shaft play. What does the turbo come from?

Tim... what is the chassis code for the legecy?

9. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

STI Genome exhaust?
    Need price.

10. Ej22TIM

BC-BF I believe

thanks!

11. Wakaba

Wakaba BANNED

what chassis?

12. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Oh wow I wish I had money for this guy. Wow wow wow.

Waka, you definitely rock. Thank you.

13. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

Sorry, 06 dubarex GD

14. carl

carl Well-Known Member

umm, this post is very bad for my bank account. ok, let me think haha

15. hakstern

hakstern Member

Gc honey comb Grill Version V i believe with pink I badge (don't really care but it would be great!). Hopefully in Rally Blue Pearl also. Can you find real 22b vents?

16. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

I'm looking for a set of BC Legacy RS(turbo) foglights.

They fit in this bumper cover..

[​IMG]

17. matt_wong

matt_wong Well-Known Member

Are there any "good" wheels in the $200 range?

18. carl

carl Well-Known Member

launsport p555 exhaust

19. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

WOW! Wakaba = Pure Awesomeness!

I am interested in a new set of 18" rims for my summer setup since my OZ Prodrives were stolen... I have an PSM 04 WRX with the 5x100 bolt pattern and really don't have a preference on the brand, but Speedline, OZ, BBS, or something of similar quality would be preferred and I am not one to be too finicky about price, but am always up for a great deal... Color can be anything besides gold as I don't really thing gold is the best color on a silver Rex (gunmetal, black, silver, polished silver, etc...). Used, but good condition is fine too!

What is available, what are some examples of what you can find? I can research some examples of what I would prefer, but am more curious what you can find... The wheels you found for ScandiaWRX looked quite sharp!

Thanks,
    -Marc

20. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

lol 11 people viewing this thread.....

You got yourself really busy, Wakaba-san!!

21. Ej22TIM

X2 for me!

22. tmarc12366009

Oh and I am also interested in what these foglights below would run to replace my stock US version fogs... Again, 04 WRX.

Thanks again! :biggthumpup:
    -Marc

23. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

24. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

let me know what 16 and 17" wheels you come across

25. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

Same here...17 wheels if any?

Thx

26. Mekhem

Mekhem Well-Known Member

So tempting....And very cool to do this.

My list:

GDA bugeye STI grille (i is fine, I got a 'red' I badge in Singapore) in MBP.
    wheels - 17x7.5 or 8 5x100 that are cool looking
    or GDB Gold STI wheels http://tinyurl.com/2v9td7
    or 2002 S202 wheels - really cool if someone had these
    and just for kicks - 2002 WRX front seats - all black - not sure if these fit the shipping limit

If this is not enough info let me know and I'll see if I can dig up more details

27. Rexwagon

Rexwagon Well-Known Member

o man. Now i am gonna spend more money. O geeez.

I am interested in a Bugeye STi Grill like what taras wanted except In PSM. Doesnt matter what subaru badge.

28. Taras

Taras BANNED

120 is good price. GB on the grills FTW!

29. Wakaba

Wakaba BANNED

Taras... are you looking for the one peice grill, or the three piece (with winglets between grill and lights) I didn't know there were different ones

30. Taras

Taras BANNED

will post a pic in a sec.

31. Taras

Taras BANNED

[​IMG]
    and almost forgot i need that scoop too with the shroud.

32. curly2k3

super cereal, if you can find some sweet JDMish... 16" light wheels let a brother know

oh oh!!! and an STI GF8 upper wagon wing....and 4/2 JDM brakes :)

33. Rexwagon

Rexwagon Well-Known Member

yep thats the one piece grill. I think taras wants the JDM Bugeye STi hood scoop with shroud as well.

34. Wakaba

Wakaba BANNED

might take a bit to find them, STi parts are the ones people want right now... too bad you don't have a GC/GF

Curly... you want some pimptastic uber JDM wheels... let me see what I can dig up

anyone interested in these

[​IMG]
    yes...prodrives
    17x7.8 +38 5x100

35. Taras

Taras BANNED

HOW MUCH? i might have to sell my left nut!

36. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

Umm yeah, $120 is a great price on that grill. Hell, even $170 shipped was the lowest you're going to get it. I got mine for $180 shipped through japanparts.com. They were going for around $300 a couple years ago when I had mine.

[​IMG]

37. tmarc12366009

Oooh! Me! I kinda like the way the 18's fit the 04's but what are these priced at? PM sent!

38. Taras

Taras BANNED

very sexy! Need that scoop pronto!

39. curly2k3

i have a GC/GF and am looking for parts, always. what you got?

40. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

Nice wheels....

41. Impreza

Impreza Well-Known Member

GC8 STi fenders, ver6 grille, ver6 hood, front bumper cover, ver6 lip, ver6 rear bumper cover with spats and beam, ver6 or 5 spoiler, and full interior.

42. Wakaba

Wakaba BANNED

so... yo want a Ver6 parts car?

43. bhiku

bhiku Well-Known Member

LMAO, Dude!

Don't ferget you still have time to serve at Poncho's afore you punch outta JDM land.

Oh, and can you get one of the Bugeye Bumper-Mounted Roadside Assistance Kits as pictured below?

No Subaru was damaged in the trailering of this Mini.

44. Wakaba

Wakaba BANNED

YAY... it's home!!!!!!!

Jen got so happy when she saw that pic! Thanks for the B&W, now we can say it's our car towing it.

45. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Wakaba, Thanks alot for putting your time and effort into this. This is truly a great opportunity for the club.

Can you run this part number (M0017FC100) through a dealership? it should be for a static dissipation pad. The code wont work in the US parts system, it should work over in japan. Let me know what you find out. thanks!