Test drove the new 05 Legacy GT

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by yosmiley, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Saturday, late afternoon... after celebrating my youngest girl's birthday... the family drove in to check out the new Legacy for the wife. There was a row of the new Legacy OB up front along with the new 05 WRX STi. The family looked over the new 05 WRX STi and compare the changes with my car... which isn't much at all.

We walked around to the back lot and try to open a few doors back there. A red Legacy GT Turbo wagon had an unlocked door. I open it and let the kids jump in.

While my wife and I look over the car... sales guy walked over and started the conversation... He said how do you like your STi (since we drove in with my car). I told him that I couldn't be more happy, only complaint is they should've sold it at a cheaper price LOL.

I informed the sales guy we're looking at the new Legacy for my wife's next car. He notice my kids were sitting in the front seat playing like they're driving... making all the tire screeching, shifting and pretend turning the wheel. He said would you like to take it for a spin and see what you think? I said sure... he couldn't come along since there's 4 of us in the car already.

I buckled up the girls and we rode out of there. Let's say we went for a good 30 minute drive around the WBL and Vadnais Height area.

The car runs smoothly and quiet, it's getting there in the luxury market. IHO The steering is better then the old Legacy and WRX. The seating is very supportive and the interior is clean and easy to the eye. The gauges are like the STi... when you turn the key, it goes through the full sweep.

We drove back and the sales guy ask what I think of the car? I said it's awesome and I would like to buy one but when does the STi version comes out because there is news floating around the internet about it. He said since he's been working for Subaru for the last 16 years, he hasn't heard or know of any info... he doesn't believe the Legacy STi will come because of the US Markets demand just isn't there. The US prefere torque and the Legacy STi just doesn't have that (I'm like HUH?) Ok what ever dude.

I told him that's what I was told two years ago when I was here in the same lot asking about the WRX STi... some sales man said the WRX STi won't come to the US Market either but it's here now.

He scratches his head and change subject. He took my info down and would like to know when we'd go back to pick up the car.

I told him, I'm really tempted but I really would like the STi version. If he can gaurantee me in writing that the STi won't come within the next two years... I'll buy it today. He said he can't... I thanked him for the drive and said that if I do further searching and couldn't come clear with the rumor of the Legacy STi coming... then I'll be back to buy the car within 10 months... He said fair enough.

We drove off with the kids complaining when are we going to get mommy her new car? I inform the girls, soon... but for now you'll have to enjoy mommy's mini-van until the fast version comes out

Now I regret taking that car out for a test drive... I gotta fight the temptation }:)

Here's some image I linked from nasioc"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Vic,

Your gonna make Ben very jealous if you get one for your wife.

C :D

3. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

wwwwooowwww:p:p nice, so the dealer let you test drive the 05 legacy turbo?i'm gotta save more of these $$$$ and buy one later.

4. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Ma, I don't doubt you. If you love your Leggy, then by all means, get the best one you can.

Vic, I'm jealous. Two years ago, I went to test drive a WRX from Whitebear Subaru with EchoWRX. The sales guy only let me because he checked out my car and I had the same steering wheel cover as he did on his car. He got in the car with me and told me I couldn't rev over 3500 rpm for break-in purposes. Then he said that he knew I wasn't going to buy the car and he doesn't give test drives to "anybody" who wanted one. I was dissapointed.

5. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Dude...

:big drool smiley:

I want one so bad, you don't even know. :p

6. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Best looking car Subaru has ever made, hands down. Put some spokey 17's on there and I'm all over it.

7. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

im trying to talk the wife into dumping the minivan for one of these....
    :D

8. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

I went to Brookly Park Subaru yesterday but didn't have time to test drive one. They are really nice though, fit and finish is A+. I got my big discount though at the parts dept.!!! Yeah MN Subaru Club!!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.