To 4 pot or not to 4 pot...

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Krazylegz1485, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Jason C

Jason C Well-Known Member

Wow. I thought the new STI used the same Brembos, but with bright yellow paint. Didn't know they were 6-piston. And for that kit, you're only getting just fronts so perhaps double that price to get a full set. Buying a STI rather than trying to build one from a WRX is definitely the better value.

Good video. It's just too bad my Brembos only came with drilled rotors, but I think I should be fine since I'm just an armchair PS4 racer. A colleague who has a Porsche Cayman does track it and has had to replace the stock drilled rotors due to it developing tiny cracks between the holes. Seems like a dumb idea to spec drilled rotors as OE when they have this issue. Coolness aside, I think some of the slotted rotors with the fancier intricate slot designs look better.

2. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the going used price for the set is around 4200-4600. Think you'd have to be really committed to tracking to justify that price (and I'm sure there's better ones out there for cheaper).