Tombstone Trail Rally TONIGHT 10/27/2012 - 3 open slots as of 11:00am

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by SurlyOldManMN, Oct 27, 2012.

1. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Heads up!!! The Tombstone Trail Rally has three more slots for registration available. This is unheard of for the TT, which sells out every year!

Taken from their website:
    http://www.rallymasterpro.com/tombstone/index.php

The Tombstone Trail is the longest running, best attended car club event in Minnesota. All you need is 2 people, a car, a pencil, a flashlight and a sense of adventure. We'll take you on a scavenger hunt around rural Minnesota that you will not soon forget. Be prepared to visit some strange places!

This is kind of like an adult motorized scavenger hunt in some decidedly spooky graveyards with great gravel roads connecting them. I wasn't planning on running this but I'm strongly considering it now if someone is interested in navigating for me. Let me know if you're interested!

2. SurlyOldManMN

Dean and I are running. Two spots left!

3. SurlyOldManMN

Here are some example questions from the website in case you're curious:

What was Joseph Heywood's middle name?
    Just a historical tidbit we threw in for fun. Hewwood was the banker killed by the Jesse James gang during their infamous raid on Northfield in 1876. Heywood's tombstone portrays his status as the town banker quite well, though it is limestone and is hard to read after a century.
    In 1994 we used the man who was killed in the same gunfight ("A Swedish immigrant shot by robbers" is the inscription on the tombstone). Unfortunately for those too clever or too lazy to actually go to the cemetery, poor Mr. Gustafsan lived 4 days after being shot, so using the date of the raid gave you a wrong answer.

How many swings are there by the school?
    This should be easy, right? Just don't forget to check for a second playground behind the school! Sometimes it's easy to accept the obvious answer and move on. But experienced contestants always take another look around, just to be sure.

4. Subie Lovers

Subie Lovers Well-Known Member

I will be drinking on pit stops... Pete will be driving... We will be guessing ;)

SurlyOldManMN likes this.
  5. Subie Lovers

Subie Lovers Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351400033.592649.jpg

phi11 and SurlyOldManMN like this.
  6. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

Wow, I did not see this at all. I was bored as hell yesterday sitting in my garage drinking Hot Damn and apple cider. This would have been more fun. Congrats!

7. jblewis

jblewis Well-Known Member

First year in many that we missed Tombstone trail. Scheduling conflict with LSPR.