Transmission feels a little strange. any suggestions for my 06 imreza 2.5i

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by KnuckleDragger, Mar 7, 2010.

1. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger Well-Known Member

I bought this car a few months ago. i noticed the shifter right away. it seems to never really shift the same. it always goes into gear just fine, it just seems to "click" twice sometimes when i'm shifting, it almost feels like a slight grind in a way. i notice it mostly when going into first and second. and then sometimes it just goes right in smooth as can be. i have no idea what to think. and there has been a few times when getting it into reverse is a bit tough.

I went to Morries Subaru in minnetonka and the guy siad it was nothing to worry about, but he just sat in the car and shifted through the gears. he didn't actually drive it.

Any suggestions? i don't think this car was taken care of too well before it came to me. the car has 52,000 miles on it right now and i'm gonna change out all the fluids come spring time. think this could just be some bad fluid in my Transmission?

PM me if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

-Ryan

2. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

To a certain extent, the Subaru 5MT just feels different than most cars. In fact, it was the #1 thing I disliked about my WRX, and it was true from the day I bought it.

Yes, it could be something wrong with it, but it could just as likely be the way the Subaru 5MT feels.

3. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger Well-Known Member

Thanks Vector. i've never driven any Subaru's until this one. i guess it will take some getting used to if what's going on is normal.