Treadin Thin Ice (DEEP SNOW) Rally Cross- March 5th

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Scuba Steve, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

We're kicking off the season on March 5th in Cannon Falls. The course is HUGE and with the recent snow we should be able to groom it and make this one hell of a fun event.

3830 325th St
    Cannon Falls, MN 55009

Competitor registration- All competitors are urged to register and pre-pay no later than 5PM on Friday, March 4th.

If you need to register after 5PM you must do so in-person at the event. There will be a $10.00 fee to pay at the event. (This is above your competitor entrance fee)

PM or call Dave Goodman if you need to mail a check for payment. Dave 612-408-1704

ONLINE REGISTRATION AT
    http://www.scca-lol.org/rally/rallyx/schedule.php
    Online preregistration is requested and strongly encouraged by 5PM on March 4th.

Fees:
    SCCA Members: $40.00
    Non-SCCA Members*:$55.00
    Registration and/or Paying at the event, add $10.00

* Non-members are required to purchase an SCCA Weekend Membership for $15.00
    (The weekend membership can be used as a $15 discount on a full SCCA membership).

All competitors and spectators must sign the official SCCA Waiver of Liability.

All minors present must have a minor waiver filled out. Form can be downloaded, printed in color and filled here: http://www.scca-lol.org/rally/rallyx/rxinfo.php

All competitors MUST work the course as a condition of event entry.

All competitors must have an FRS Radio, radios cannot be shared between competitors.

All competitors must have a Snell/M 1995 or newer helmet. Loaner helmets are available but the quantity is limited.

Passengers will be allowed if waivered and wearing an approved helmet.

Not sure you’re ready to RallyCross?? Come watch!!

SCHEDULE:
    9AM – REGISTRATION AND TECH OPEN
    10AM- REGISTRATION CLOSES
    10:30- DRIVERS MEETING
    11:00- RUNS START

2. Scuba Steve

3. Ryze

Ryze Member

Already am!

4. 02subbieRS

02subbieRS Well-Known Member

Anyone have a list of available car numbers? Wouldn't want to try and take someone elses number :)

5. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

Oh my that's coming up quick. Hurray!

Signed up. I may or may not use my Forester, so I signed up with my bro's FXT. I assume he's coming. :p

6. THansenite

THansenite New Member

I just got signed up. This will be my first rallycross. Should be a fun time.

7. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

I thought it was at Raceway Park? Oh well. As long as we're informed promptly if the snow is too deep to run, I'm cool with it.

I'll be signing up this week!

8. 02subbieRS

I'll be signing up in a few days. Gotta make sure the funds are there. This'll be my first RallyX too :)

9. heel-&-toe

heel-&-toe Well-Known Member

Okay, so I'm very interested in this. Looking at the sign-up sheet though I did notice that the newest ride is a 2004 Forester, a great car for sure but not new. My question is this, how rough is Rally X on your car and what parts are most likely to break while participating in the fun? Mine is leased and as I have no intention of buying it when the lease is up so I'm hesitant to join in if it's going to F things up. Thoughts?

10. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

If you can't afford to bend something, I wouldn't do it.

Hence the reason you haven't seen me ice racing. ;)

11. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

you should be fine just try it once and find out for yourself..i have yet to bend body panels as its kind of hard to hit anything but cones. just make sure tire pressure is good, most common problems are popping a bead, rock in brake, and lots of mud in the wheels so I hope your good at cleaning!.

12. heel-&-toe

Surly, you wouldn't catch me ice racing either (in this car anyway, but that's for another thread)!

This first event concerns me less as it's in the snow. Later in the year when the track turns to dirt/rocks is what I'm worried about. It's not that I can't afford to fix stuff, I was just hoping to know what price point I should be thinking about:). Thanks for the input.

13. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Like I said in the other thread, there are some new cars. Lexie and I drove her new 08 STI a couple years ago for most of the season. Another dude had his 2011 STI out there. ASUJosh also had his 08 STI out there several times. It's not like the Lake Cynthia events where you'll see R8's and GT3's, but it's mellow enough that I would feel comfortable taking the old lady's car out there, bringing it back, and not getting castrated.

Most of the wear will be on things like struts, ball joints, etc... if you drive within your limits there should be no problem as the safety stewards are knowledgeable and responsible.

You can always show up and watch, or show up, take 1 run, and call it a day if it's not what you're thinking.

The first event might actually be harder on the car compared to dry events since you'll likely end up bouncing off the rev limiter a ton.

Either way, bring an extra pair of boots and pants if you care about your interior!

14. heel-&-toe

Well okay! Done and done. I'll plan to see everyone there!

15. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

Bump
    Let's get registered. Should be a good event to kick off the season. If it stays cold we should have a decently groomed snow pack. If it warms up we'll be slinging mud. Good times either way.

If anyone is interested I'm still looking to fill a couple tech inspector positions.

16. MonkeyGein

MonkeyGein Well-Known Member

i'm going to pick up a "new" car on monday. gotta get a windshield in it to race. hopefully i can get that and get it in on wed and get the seat set and tires before the event

i can tech
    i have an extra radio too

heel, the prob with this event is sliding into snow banks if you go to a corner too fast and break your bumper cover.

17. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Just registered, and looking forward to the event!

18. snwbdr94

snwbdr94 Well-Known Member

I won't be making this one. Have to be up in Duluth coaching a snowboard competition. It's a shame I'll be missing the first two events of the season due to work!

19. Scuba Steve

received word from the land owner that the course is groomed and with the new snow its in great shape!!!!

20. RexNEffect

I was wondering why Jesse didn't register the Civaru.

21. Scuba Steve

Special Announcement:

Morries Minnetonka Subaru is sponsoring this event. I have a huge subaru vinyl banner and three Subaru Rally Team long Sleeved Shirts for prizes!!!!

22. RexNEffect

Awesome! Just registered with Aqua Thunder!

23. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

no muffler, no interior, no coolant temp gauge, no speed gauge, unbalanced tires, and most important, no radio, wont make for a very fun trip to cannon falls.

24. Scuba Steve

make sure that POS passes Tech! lol

25. mctenold

mctenold Well-Known Member

Hmm, what kinda tires are people going to be running?

26. mctenold

I lease my Evo as well, def not as new as yours. But last year I think my underpanel got ripped off, and my power steering pump busted from some of the hairpins. Last year was my first year. I had a blast, and definitely will return this year to some of the events. :D

27. Scuba Steve

Round ones! lol

Snow tires are the best. Run fair amount of pressure for the tire so you lessen the chance of de-beading.

Were you going lock to lock or something?

28. mctenold

I have snow tires, but they definitely aren't that aggressive. Wasn't sure if people were running studded.

Yea when I would come in hot into one of those 360° hairpins and crank it all the way left or right I'm guessing is when it happened. Either way it wasn't even that bad of a fix. Got a used pump for like $75 from an Evo forum. Not too hard to replace either on the Evo.

29. 02subbieRS

I was wondering, What kind of radios do we need? Like the normal 2-ways or something else?

30. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

thats the shivic...the hot-dai will hopefully get the tranny in..waiting to register till i know what car im driving.

31. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

yes, just a simple two-way frs radio, they can be had for as little as $20 for a pair at target. I do have an extra one that you can use though.

make sure someone brings a tow strap for when the hyundai gets stuck :kekekaugh:

32. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

oh you know it!

33. mke723

mke723 Well-Known Member

i wish i didnt have to work on saturdays, will there be sunday events this year?

34. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

yes, search scca lol for the schedule

there will already be one hooked up for quick recovery

Tranny's out! Now to put the new used one in and hope it works. A subaru tranny is much easier to take out, no subframe to get in the way

35. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

out of curiosity, how does he "groom" the course? Does he use something like they use on the snowmobile trails? Did he make his own course for us? :hsugh:

36. Scuba Steve

farming equiptment.

the land owner typically has a winter course up and running for his buddies....they didn't use it this year I guess. However, it's close to the usually layout that we run on....It's going to be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37. Scuba Steve

BIG BUMP :biggrin: to get registered and paid by 5PM Friday!

Weather should be perfect, not too warm or cold.

38. Scuba Steve

Special request. No Cars or trailers are to be parked on the main road, only in the field and driveway. You can unload/load your cars from trailers, but then please move the service vehicle off the main road. I will put up banner tape on the driveway and block off a section towards then end for a few trucks/trailers...

39. Nosser25rs

Nosser25rs Member

The good - turns out I'll be in town Saturday after all. The bad - no way Autotragic will be ready. I may make the trek down to watch, though.

40. RexNEffect

Want to co-drive Aqua Thunder with me?

41. heel-&-toe

Ha, I cracked the bumper cover pulling onto a parking lot last week so no worries there. It's currently being held together by a zip tie until I find time/a place to fix/reinforce it with Kevlar :). Add that to the "mystery crack" that popped up a few weeks ago on the driver side lower molding and I'm not too worried about snow banks.

42. 02subbieRS

43. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

registered!

44. WillC

WillC Well-Known Member

just bring a sled to run.....

45. WillC

WillC Well-Known Member

signed up! tis going to be fun!