Twitter account revival?

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Front Office' started by DanWRX14, Apr 27, 2014.

1. DanWRX14

DanWRX14 Member

Looks like the @mnsubaru twitter account is dead - do you need someone to run that? I think it would be something fun to do if you guys are looking to keep it up to date.

Dan

2. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Revival? We never used it. Just a placeholder until Russ lets me fill it with dick pics.

3. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Once I get the site updates and such done this week, let me look into it a bit more. After much of the negative facebook news, it might be time to start using google+ and twitter a bit more.
    http://time.com/34025/the-free-marketing-gravy-train-is-over-on-facebook/

I used it, and you didn't since you just wanted to post dick pics.:p

Russ

4. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Ugh, you used twatter? I feel so dirty now.

5. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

I personally don't use twitter at all. I do like the idea of a Facebook page however. I think Facebook has a greater population. Iowa Subaru Club has a FB page and it's very (maybe too) convenient to post questions and pictures with ease. Don't have to bother with image hosting

6. DanWRX14

DanWRX14 Member

Ha ha, I have the exact opposite experience I guess - I think Facebook is dead, and actually pretty lame anyway (unless you really love to post pictures all the time). I am old (40) so I'm not a big fan of posting pics everyday, nor do I have time to do it. The tweeners don't even use it anymore (and they're ultra hip, right?), and now that all the 30 something parents and 60+ grandparents think it's cool it's definitely time to ditch it for good :)
    Also I think it's very strange for a company to have a Facebook page and no company website - that makes no sense. Both would be fine, but just Facebook is odd. If Facebook is the only place I can go to get information about your company I am going to find another company - yes, I hate Facebook that much. Websites are free to build and host and a 10 year old can create the content and load pictures.

Twitter is much different than Facebook, so it might be hard to switch over completely, but I think it's the fastest way to promote something and send/receive information. If each vendor had a twitter account and we all followed them we could get any product updates and promotions instantly in one place instead of going to 20 different Facebook pages to get information.

I just wanted to see what the status of the Twitter account was, I didn't know so many people were against it - oh well :)

7. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Did you read the link I posted?? We have a facebook page. Our posts go out to less than 10% of the page followers. That is a crappy way to stay in touch with your members. There is also no way in hell I am paying to promote ANYTHING on facebook. I already pay to keep this place running.

Like I said. Once I get the site updates done, I will dig into it a bit more. I have so many irons in the fire right now that I have to dedicate my spare time to certain projects.

Russ

8. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

You could try a Facebook group instead of a page. That MNSubiez group always seems to have stuff popping up on my feed and I'm not even a member....

tehfuzz likes this.
  9. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

That and people went out of their way to make it perfectly clear a FB group is going to be a useless cluster**** with this crowd. BTDT.