unbelievable

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by horizon_chaser, Jul 15, 2013.

1. horizon_chaser

horizon_chaser Well-Known Member

I don't understand why I got this dent when I parked my car 200 away feet from the main entrance and there are no vechicle(s) in 100 feet radius of my car. Did someone really hate me or my car that much?

Any way, does anyone in here do body work or paint or do I have to go to dealer? I want to call my insurance but don't know how it will cost me for something like this, my deductible is 500. If I have to pay out of my pocket any way, then I don't want to deal with my insurance. Thanks

[​IMG]

2. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Body shops do exist outside of the dealer....

3. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

grocery cart?

4. horizon_chaser

Will check on them too, thanks.

5. horizon_chaser

Not sure because there were no cart(s) near the car. Possibley, because when I came out of the store I saw two employee pushing the carts on the parking lot, 50 feet away from the car though.

6. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

Insurance should/will cover it. I would get an estimate before you make the choice. Sometimes that stuff can be tough to do. Depending on where you are, I would recommend Latuff Brothers on University, then did my bumper, and took great care in making sure paint matched perfect. And trust me I am picky.

7. horizon_chaser

thanks man, Will check on them. Will get a quote first then call insurance.

8. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

Looks like just a dent, so any dent removal place will do it.

I recommend Dentkraft by 394/494

9. DIRTY D

DIRTY D Well-Known Member

That sucks!!!!!!! Being just a dent and a area that should be easy to reach might be around 200 to 400 but I 'am no expert just have lots of experience with ding a lings. Fairway collision does great work.

10. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

That does not look like just a dent. I'm pretty sure I see paint cracking under the surface of the clear. I'd expect to paint it.

Jerf likes this.
  11. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Where and when did this happen?

I received a dent in my lower passenger side door on Saturday afternoon in the Eden Prairie Target parking lot. I too was parked WAY OUT in the lot with no one around me. And I know the dent was not there prior, because at my previous stop I walked up to the car from a long distance to the same side and would have seen it then. I am still waiting to hear about surveillance recordings from mall cameras.

People just suck a$$ and I wish I had my own planet.

12. horizon_chaser

yea, just got back from Dentkraft, $300 to pull it back.

13. horizon_chaser

just a 1/8" hair line paint crack, DentKraft will pull it back and put a clear coat over the crack to prevent rust and I will have to get the fender paint soon.

14. horizon_chaser

This happened on Saturday around 2pm at Sam's Club by 694 / Whitebear. I forgot to ask about security camera and don't even know if that place has any cameras. I know what you mean, when you try get away from dents/dings cause by careless drivers and you choose to walk a long distance to the store because you love your car so much, but still end up with a dent.

15. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

I know money doesn't grow on trees, but to me this seem counterproductive. A body shop would make it look new now, versus, pulling dent, sealing, and paiting it later. IMO

16. horizon_chaser

Agree with you, I'm just getting estimates around the city for a good price right now. I will stop by Latuff Brothers later today.

17. pillboy

Thanks. I'm just trying to figure out if I am dealing with random Subaru hatred, nice car jealousy, or if I pissed off someone. I could understand this better if it happened at bar closing time in downtown Minneapolis.

18. ryjacobs

ryjacobs Well-Known Member

You could try to claim vandalism with your insurance if you think that's the case. In past experiences I've had, my rates have not gone up for that claim, although I had a police report (my car got roof stomped).

19. pillboy

I just changed insurance companies (for all of our coverages) a couple months ago after being with Farmers for about 15 or more years. I'm just gonna fix it out of pocket.

20. tehfuzz

tehfuzz Well-Known Member

I get asked by my girlfriend a lot of why I park further out, or away from everyone. My response is similar to the door dings thread. 90% of the drivers wont even look twice or leave a note. I don't want to have to worry about the hassle to wait for camera to get plates or any of that. Otherwise I usually just hope and pray people are conscious about what they are doing. Simply because I try and respect peoples property.