Update on my 2.5rs part 2

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by cowboybebop, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

Ok my car now has been in the shop for a month. First they repalced the clutch then after waiting for 2 weeks to get the center differential bearings they finally installed those. when they went to reinstalll the transmission they noticed metal shavings in the case. after further investigation they found another fried bearing and a cracked transmission case. this is where the story gets happy (seriously) after waiting a week for the case and bearing they went to put the trans back together and couldn't get the bearings and such to go back on the shaft. turns out the shaft was bent so (here comes the happy part) they are going to repalce the transmission for free and force subaru to cover the cost of the trans and the center differential bearings plus yesterday they got in a brand new 2005 forrester 2.5xs that i now get to drive until my car is fixed.so if anyone wants to check out the new forrestor i'll be at uni tonite. so now instead of spending about 4500 on my car i'm back to only spending 1100 for the clutch work. yehaa :D

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Looks like you got a good deal after all. Now where's the XS at? LOL

3. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Ha! I'm glad luck's on your side. :)

I remember getting a Forrester loaner for a day from WhiteBear Subaru for warranty work. It was different for a bit, but good. It felt a little insecure around turns though.

4. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

the Fo<font size="6">R</font id="size6">ester is cool, only the XT really makes me perk up though

5. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Hum makes me think of the rental car scene from "Days of Thunder"

Free test drives?:D

6. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

I am very lucky. I'm going to bring it to uni tonite and race everyone I can find lol.

7. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

what dealer did u bring it to again?? that some service :D

8. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

I brought it to Bloomington Acura/Subaru. It's the least they could do as of yesterday they've had my car for a month. by the time i'll get it back it will be a month and a half

9. EchoWrx

EchoWrx New Member

Don't worry race season isn't over yet:mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.