Vandalized last night, ho-ray

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Zola, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Passenger front window busted in with screwdriver and away they went. My EDM projectors, STI grille, gauge pod and Greddy gauges, Momo knob, bezel around the stereo and HVAC (wtfmate?) are all STOLEN. Along with a couple thousand dollars worth of personal property (books, clothes, shoes, etc). They left my tennis racket though, how kind. Got 3 of the 4 bolts holding the trunk on and then stopped for some reason. Driver's sideskirt is gone but passenger side remains.

Quite amazingly, the car itself is still there along with the intercooler and UTEC. Can't believe they didn't take those.

I won't even ask people to "keep an eye out" because no one really does, and let's be honest, none of my stuff will ever be found. But on the other hand, EDM projectors are not that common and not everyone has black Greddy gauges.

Anyway, I'm really bummed and also found out that I inexplicably do not have rental reimbursement on my policy, so trying to figure out what to do for a car.

Hope you all are having a happier New Year than me.

Joel

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

crappy deal man

3. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Incidentally, if anyone has a pair of stock 2002 WRX headlights that I could borrow for awhile, perhaps buy, let me know. That and a grille of some sort. That would at least make the car drivable.

4. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about this Joel, ive been there and its no fun. Hope everything works out for you.

5. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your bad luck, Joel. Parking outside is never safe; especially when you're blingin with parts. They only took the "look fast" mods for gosh sakes. :evil:

6. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Sorry dude.. that sucks.

I usually leave a lot of stuff in my car also. NOT from today onwards!

7. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Yeah, I only went down to the car last night to load it up in preparation for taking a whole bunch of stuff home from my girlfriend's place, since she will be house sitting in Golden Valley for the next couple weeks and we won't be here in St Paul much.

I am sadly eating my words from a thread awhile back about not being concerned with getting my stuff like gauges stolen. Obviously they DO make you a higher priority target. I'm sure a stock looking WRX would have been left alone.

8. dezavu

dezavu New Member

you and i are in the same boat... mine happened new year's eve, however... failed attempt at stealing my car, so they tried stealing everything they could... goddamn hmong kids... how do i know they're hmong? because them faggots stole my hmong CDs. if you saw a CD that had "nco kuv me me" on it, would you really bother taking it? or some asian dude on the CD? come on, it's not a new thing that hmong kids are amatures at stealing cars... i've just never heard of the mattempting to steal an evo because we all know, not them, that evo's have that shipped key! idiots...

9. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Interestingly, there was a black hair on my spoiler, held there by some drops of water. The police collected it but I know quite well that nothing will come of it, vehicle vandalism is not worth their time to investigate.

10. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about this :(

But where did you park your car at? Uptown?

Didn't you have a alarm system (what happend?)

I think this is growing concern we all should be aware of.

Take care, man

11. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

will your insurance cover it?

12. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

When my car got broken into my insurance bought me a completely new ECU. When one door closes... ;)

13. twisted

twisted BANNED

thats a shame bro...some people have no respect for other peoples property...the jealous types...get a job and get ur own goodies u slackers...quit stealing from others.

St paul is teh hood!!!!

14. trahma

trahma New Member

wtf mate... the 2 things I could have sold you (intercooler & utec) they left. Sucks to hear about it though. :?

15. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

I have a stock 02 grill and the 2 filler things that attach to the headlights on the side of the grill in silver. I'll let them go super cheap they've been taking up space for awhile. Sorry to hear about your car, I'm glad we don't have that kind of theft up here in Duluth yet. Shoot me a PM about the grill if you still need one.

16. powerlabs

powerlabs New Member

Man, I am sorry to hear about it. Do you have an alarm system on your car?

17. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Hey, I have my stock headlights sitting in my garage if you need them. Just let me know. it also looks like they knew what they were after. You go throught all the trouble of pulling a set of headlights and the hvac controls but you don't go for some of the other things that are a bit easier to get to (tmic).

Russ

18. Natural2JZ

Natural2JZ Well-Known Member

damn that sucks. sry to hear that.

19. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Factory alarm system. I'll bet the window was shattered, hood opened, and battery disconnected within just a few seconds, so it probably didn't go off for long. A lady whose condo looks right out onto the street where it was parked didn't hear anything all night. I was parked near my gf's place on Emerald St, which is the border of Minneapolis and St Paul in Prospect Park.

20. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

OMG so that was your car? i was going to post it but i guess you beat me to it. I had just came home from the wellsfargo near by when i spotted a blue WRX on the side of the roads with its headlights and grill taken off. I've seen that wrx there everytime i go to the bank so i thought he was just converting or something. btw i just saw it today so you must've gotten it home already.

21. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

wow ! one of my good freinds car got broken into on new years too. feel bad for u. would have no problem killing people that do that stuff.

22. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD...That is Fuking outrages...I can't believe this sh*t...I am really sorry to hear about that man...Let me know of any way I can help...If such thing happened to me I would be really pissed to the point where I would possiably quite the car scean...No matter what I am going to keep an eye out...

23. RallyNavvie

Mine was broken into not far from there off Malcolm in Prospect Park. Not very many break-ins in that neighborhood except Imprezas apparently. And with mine they didn't even bother with my friends' cars around mine that had giant cases of CDs and nice stereos in them, they went for my outwardly-somewhat-stock-looking car.

24. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if i were you i would keep an eye out on ebay.... sorry to hear about that dude.... this is the same reason why i love living out in the country

25. dezavu

dezavu New Member

if you guys know of someone trying to sell off a BLACK S-AFC II that's wires have been cut a tad bit short. let me know... i'm about to go to prison! or stock evo 8 taillights in a JDM box... jail time sounds good about this time of year.

26. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

sadly, most of the theives are smart enough to know that with limite market parts like those for a wrx, they're going to have difficulty bolting them onto their local car and send the stuff elsewhere.

As the bug eyes WRX gets cheaper and cheaper on the used market, expect more and more desirability for cheap punk kids stealing your parts. It sucks.

I dont park mine on the street, don't leave it outside overnight (this now makes 3 wrx's /STi's i've known to be stripped while staying at a GF house in or near St paul) and i have 2 alarms on mine. I learned the hard way of course, in my life i've had more than ten car break ins or thefts.

27. Shane86

Shane86 Well-Known Member

Wow, That really sucks joel.
    Sound's like you need to talk to bryan...

CoughCoughHandGunCoughCough

28. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Finally after two visits from Minneapolis PD (initial and then they came back with the Crime Lab van) I was able to get it towed to Morrie's Bodyworks in BP. Hopefully the State Farm adjuster can get over there soon so I know how long of a wait I'm in for. Really it would just take the window, headlights, and a new trunk to make it driveable, although I'd prefer a grille too. My stock shift knob is at home, ditto with stock clock (Shane you might not get that from me now). I have receipts for everything that was taken except for a couple clothing items. It will be a long process but I'll probably get most of it replaced. In all likelihood I won't be replacing the gauges or the EDM headlights (major crying taking place on that one, haha), since they just help single me out as not stock.

I can honestly say for the first time that the thought of getting a different car went through my head. Something not as noticeable.

29. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

sorry to sound un-simpathetic but wlecome to like 1990's guys... what I mean by that is in Australia fo rthe last 10 yrs the subaru has either been the number 1 car for smash and runs (posted previously), and also one of the most stolen vehicles, gue to its popularity and ability to be modified for performance....

I guess this phenomenon is finally also catching up over here... Australia usually follows the USA in character traits, like a little boy mirroring his older brother...

but either way that sucks man.. I hope they find the a-holes who did this

30. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

That was my thread! And I just got my last gauge yesterday and was planning on installing this weekend. Now I am honestly debating not installing them and selling them off. This sucks cause I liked the look of them and they would be very helpful when I decide to tune. ugh! Bastards out there! I feel your pain, my cheap ass $100 CD player got yoinked from my 325i last year and my roomates even cheaper ass CD player and sub got stolen a few months ago in front of my house. I reported them but never filed insurance claims and fixed both cars myself. It sucks cause there is no recourse. After the 3series theft I told myself I will never have a non-oem stereo in my car as long as it plays cd's or I can link an ipod to it.

This makes me want to reconsider putting much money in my wrx as a daily driver if it is going to be a target. I hope the honda civic/acura integra thieves dont switch to subarus cause if they do I am jumping ship.

-Chad

31. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

32. LSE Performance

LSE Performance New Member

Wow, maybe the stealth will have to get a non oem alarm.
    Sorry to hear about your loss :(.

33. RallyNavvie

Took me 3 years after getting it broken into for me to finally do that. I'm pretty sure the new GT is not very high on the thieving list and makes for a very comfortable sleeper 8)

34. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Damn...I feel your pain. At least you got your car back though. Still, that really sucks, I hope they find the jackoffs who did it. In a perfect world, they'd join the forum and start advertising some cool parts for cheap. Then we could all get together and go over and pay them a visit. I'll bring the Jaws of Life, and we can get creative. Let me know if you need anything, since your car is at the bodyshop here in BP I should see the order come across our desk. Make sure you let State Farm know you want factory parts, not aftermarket. They tried to get me on that a couple years ago and I had to fight with them.

35. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Joel. I've had two of my subies vandalized in the past few months. I know it sucks. Best of luck to you getting your car back together.

36. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

UPDATE:

So I haven't heard anything since having the car towed Tuesday afternoon. I called State Farm this morning to discover--much to my astonishment--that the woman handling my claim had FORGOTTEN to direct an adjuster to go inspect the car and do an estimate.

After a very unsatisfactory apology she promised to "put a rush on it" and follow up with a phone call. So I still have no idea how long the car will take to be repaired, and hence have no idea how long I will need a rental car.

Die, State Farm, die.

37. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I feel bad for what happened to you, hopefully the rest of 2006 will be much brighter!

38. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

39. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Hehe, thanks, but yes that's a coincidence. I self-painted my sideskirts and though I think they turned out well, that one is clearly identifiable as OEM painted.

40. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

I did not think it would help, but it never hurts.

41. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

42. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

That is most definately stolen goods...."foglight?" ROFL...there are no integrated foglights on jdm headlamps. You don't just come upon JDM/EDM headlights by accident. They don't just end up in your parts bin. I'd be all over that right now...calling the authorities and such and informing them that you lost headlights and now a set is for sale in Winona and the guy doesn't seem to know anything about them.

43. titanium

titanium New Member

44. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

or he could possible be making his car stock again, hes selling exhaust and wheels right now too

45. titanium

titanium New Member

Yeah, but why only 1 headlight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.