Video from the ACGL ice-driving school

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by iznogoud, Mar 3, 2015.

1. iznogoud

iznogoud Active Member

I have not posted here in a while, but I am back.

Here is a video I made from footage I shot with a handheld camera at the 3rd Audi Club Glacier Lakes (ACGL) ice-driving event of the year.

The Subaru showing was stronger in the 1st event. The BMWs out-numbered Subarus at our 3rd event. The last event of the year is this Saturday. No ACNA membership requirement is in place anymore to attend. Registration is here:
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...udi-club-na-glacier-lakes-582435#.VPXkeMqQ5Hc

tangledupinblu likes this.
  2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

^Ryan?

The ACGL are gracious hosts and i've always really enjoyed these!

My favorite obstacle was a slalom with a large T-intersection at the end of it. Was a fun little challenge that was good at bringing the driver out of you!

If you want to get out and have some fun on the lake, I'd highly recommend this event!!!

3. iznogoud

iznogoud Active Member

"Yanni" (Not Ryan. I was the event master for the previous 3 events this year and our lapping day in October at BIR.)

I love that oval area, with the slalom and the braking and accident avoidance, and the long sweeper curve on the north side. So much to learn on that space.

4. tangledupinblu

Good to have you back Yanni! Hope that all goes well and that you guys have a good turn out this weekend!

5. clajiness

clajiness Well-Known Member

"Due to the nature of our driving exercises and the snow banks created during plowing, we do NOT allow SUVs, minivans, or trucks to participate at these events. If you are uncertain (e.g. crossover vehicles), please contact us for clarification on your vehicle."

So is this due to the increased likelihood of a rollover? I ask only because I'm curious if it's common to go sliding into snowbanks. I just replaced the bumper cover on my car, and I'd hate to shmuck it up again. Other than the concern I have for the plastics on my car, this sounds ridiculously fun!

tehfuzz likes this.
  6. tangledupinblu

^yes. The snow banks can wreak havoc on bumpers. And it IS ridiculously fun!

7. clajiness

clajiness Well-Known Member

I want to so badly, but I'd cry if I borked it again so soon.